Jan 2 2007, 10h25
Dez 30 2006, 20h38
Dez 25 2006, 22h34i have been to quite a few concerts this year. it depends a lot on the fact that i'm involved in vardagsrummet (the livingroom). it is basically a room in malmö that me and a couple of my friends rent. this year we've had concerts on an almost every second week during spring and autumn.
but the best concerts were also the biggest. i'm convinced about the order of the top 4, but then it is a bit random:
1. Woven Hand at kb, malmö. the first concert in malmö that i've been looking forward to since i moved here two and a half years ago. david eugene edward is a great stage personality. musically it was about being immersed in emotional and powerful 'guitar walls', and not the sonic details of the albums..
2. Radiohead at kb-hallen, copenhagen. i couldn't believe it when i discovered that they were coming to copenhagen. i really love them, but i was a bit disappointed. i guess it's mostly because i rate the first time i heard them live (cardiff, 2003) as the best concert i've ever been to. i was also a bit ill, and the venue was really warm, and it seemed like everyone was smoking.. the sound was quite bad, and they played some songs from their forthcoming album, that i hadn't heard before, and i usually find it hard to enjoy new material.. but on the other hand they played songs like The Bends, Street Spirit and Let Down..
3. Antony and the Johnsons at falconer, copenhagen. it was a really good concert, but the venue was really bad. sort of a conference center, and we were sitting far from the stage. his voice is amazing, and it was really emotional..
4. Plunge at vardagsrummet. a great experience to listen to my friend andreas and his friends create beautiful and weird jazz/music.
5. david åhlén (formerly Namur) at vardagsrummet. a man in control of his voice, and some songs to match it.
6. The Marching Band at vardagsrummet.
7. östblocket (ostblocket) at tangopalatset, malmö. swedish balkan band. even i cannot resist dancing, or trying to..
8. Provköket at vardagsrummet. really one-of-a-kindish edgy "cover band". great vocals, two celloists and sometimes a clarinet-player.
9. Hans Appelqvist at inkonst, malmo. this guy is really "quite something". i don't know if i would enjoy listening to the cd, but it was interesting to listen to him playing live.
i don't know where they fit in, but Sirqus Alfon had a great gig at malmofestivalen. it was the funniest concert/show ever. i couldn't sit, and i was basically laughing non stop, so after a while i wondered whether it really was this is good or whether i was drunk?
concerts i should have been to:
1. The Roots at vega, copenhagen. one of my discoveries this year, and i really like most of the stuff that i've heard, but i couldn't afford going..
2. Yo La Tengo at kb, malmö. well, i didn't know anyone else qoing there..