1. What are you listening to right now?
She's Lost Control
R.I.P Curtis. :(
2. What song makes you sad?
Sad because it's emotional or sad because it sucks?
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
That 'don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me' song. I don't know what it's called and I don't care enough to find out. If you've heard it, you'll know it. And hopefully you'll hate it too.
4. Your all time favorite band?
The Birthday Massacre - and how good is their latest song? (Kill The Lights (Rough Mix)) ^_^
5. Your newly discovered band is?
The newest band i've listened to is Ebola Joy. They were pretty good - a whole lot more metaly then I was expecting, though. (for better or for worse. ;P)
6. Best female voice?
Chibi, obviously (The Birthday Massacre). ^_^
7. Best male voice?
Sean Brennan (London After Midnight). If I could have a voice like him... or possibly Vincent Price (Why is there a page for this on last.fm? As far as I know he didn't release any music... :S), I'd be a happy man.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Lately I've been listening to a lot of older goth and 80's stuff. Sisters of Mercy,Bauhaus,The Virgin Prunes etc.
9. What do you listen to hype you up?
Ayria. Nothing bubblier. :P
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Probably some Portishead, Autumn's Grey Solace or early Hungry Lucy/Black Tape for a Blue Girl.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
The Follow, a Sydney rock band. They put on a great show, and I got to talk to them before they went on stage which was nice. They're all really wonderful people.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
Joy Division. I was pretty unfamiliar with them before I must confess (shame!), so I'm trying to fix that.
13. Most hated band?
Pretty much all the mainstream music today. I can't narrow it down to one. They're all either ripping off older bands ideas or putting across some very negative messages to teenagers, and that's really wrong, and extremely depressing as far as I'm concerned. It's not bad because it's popular - it's bad because it's making people dumber. :(
14. Song that makes you think?
Life Is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. Despite the rather obvious name, it's actually a very deep song, and serves to offer a bit of a slap to the face via the cold, hard hand of reality. I found the line about 'rubber boys and rubber girls.' pariticulary striking.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
The Birthday Massacre. There's something for everyone.
16. Coolest music video?
The clip for A Girl Called Harmony is pretty funky. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Pvj8ba4wI.
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
I think actions speak louder than words. Or pretty tunes. :P
19.What song makes you yearning/longing/something of that sort?
Lovely Day. For a love that does not die.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
A number of times. It's fun to bounce about like a crazy person. ^_^
21. Are you in a band?
No. But I may be learning to play the lute soon. Yay for lutes! ^_^
23. Ever dated a musician?
Ask me in a couple of years.
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
Oftimes. I don't think I have the talent, though.
29. Best chick band you know of?
Does Queen Adreena count?
31. Last song that you heard on the radio?
I really can't remember. It mostly goes in one ear and out the other.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
I don't listen to it lots, but what I've heard is pretty good.
33. What do you think of Country music?
I loathe it.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
Some is very good, some is very bad. Death ROCK on the other hand....
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
A big metal show with BertTehMighty. I saw Killswitch Engage, Unearth and Lamb of God. I was pretty tired, but it was rather cool to say the least. Unearth were by far my pick of the night.
36. Are you a groupie?
Just a fan-boi. :P
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
A lot of german music. FiendFlug is the first artist that comes to mind.
38. What famous musician would you like to fuck?
Depends on which artist I fall in love with, really. :P
39. Worst concert moment?
Rather personal and not at all interesting to the vast majority of the internet. I give a bit of my personality away in my occasional musical musings on last.fm, but I won't turn this into a livejournal.
40. Funny concert moment?
Hrm...nothing specific comes to mind.
41. Sad concert moment?
See 39. :P
42. Best local act you can think of?
Tycho Brahe. Great synthpop.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
A Zylophone. Why not?
44. Do you listen to the radio?
I occasionally listen to internet radio, but, generally? No. Or at least, you know, not intentionally.
45. Do you watch music TV?
I don't tend to watch TV at all, really. MTV shits me a little bit, though. I mean, from what I -have- seen of it they barely play music at all. Not happy. >:(
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
I make up my own choices about what music I would like to listen to. You should too. (although, if you're here, the chances are you already do.)
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
I met the guys from Apoptygma Berzerk
late last year. We talked about stuff for a while....and I actually dropped their single in front of the lead singer after he signed it. (accidently, of course). He made this little "ohhh..." noise. It was rather funny, but very embarassing at the time.
Didn't end up catching the show, though - I was very, very broke. :(
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
A couple of friends, yeah.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Is there a song about being really fucking hot? Like, heat-wise, i mean. Because that's all i'm feeling right now. :(
50. Song that describes your life?
When You're Evil. :P Not really. Actually, I can't think of anything right now. My mind is fairly blown by all this heat. I may come back.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
No. In most cases, I tend to take the band as a singular entity rather then the sum of its' parts. If that makes sense.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
I should hope not.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
I want to marry the girl I love, who loves me in return. Nobody else.
53. Favourite movie sound track?
Probably the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. But seeing as that's also a broadway play, I guess that only really half counts. Oh well.
56. What do your parents listen to?
My mum listens to mostly musical theatre stuff and my dad rarely gets control of the stereo.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
Nothing. I turned off my music because my computer is going hella-slow. I should probably remove that corrupt hard drive. Hm.
58. Do you wear band T-shirts?
I don't own any, but I would, if the band was good enough.
59. What do you think of people who do?
Eh, it's a way of showing support to a band you love. I don't mind, even if it's a little bit wanky (or stupid in the case of lame\obvious bands like Slipknot or Good Charlotte). It's better then people who wear 10 billion dollar t-shirts with some guy or girls name scrawled across it because it's the fashion.