I'm slightly bored...
1. How did you get into 29?: Roddy WoombleTravis
I don't have a number 29, so it`s a shared 28.
I got into Roddy Woomble because I bought Warnings/Promises
and fell in love with them right away. After buying all their other albums I just had to get his solo album. The best modern Scottish folk album I own (and only). So beautiful.
I got into Travis because my friend loved them. I saw an interview on tv and then they played "Tied to the 90s" and it was just so adorable. Then they brought out 12 Memories
in 2003 and I loved it so much. I still think it's a fantastic album, they best they did and very underrated. Fucking sad, too.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?: The Stone Roses
"Waterfall" when I was 11 and I loved it to bits.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33?: Pete Yorn
I love this man, so that's very difficult. He got brilliant lines, very moving. But right now I rather get all giggly from "Georgie Boy" but thats, um, my Pink Floyd pre-occupation.
4. What is your favorite album by 49?: Neutral Milk Hotel
Easy: "The Fool". 1:53 minutes of brilliance
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?: My Bloody Valentine
Two, because that's just how many they released.
6. What is your favorite song by 50?: Kante
God. So difficult. So many brilliant ones. Probably a tie between "Die Summe der Einzelnen Teile" and "Zombi".
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad?: Johannes Brahms
Not that I know. He's just there because I had an obsession with "Hungarian Dance No. 5" and that's hardly sad.
8. What is your favorite song by 15?: Zoé
Mhm. Very difficult, I love a lot of their songs. Maybe "Dead" or "She Comes", I love how much gloomier their newer stuff is. Even though I still like older happy things like "Peace & Love" and "Deja de conecto".
9. What is your favorite song by 5?: Idlewild
Five albums full of awesomeness and then this question! Almost everything of 100 Broken Windows
: "Litte Discourage", "Roseability", "Idea Track", "Listen to what you've got", "Actually it's Darkness", "Rusty"... Apart from this album, probably "This is worse" (b-side), "When I Argue I See Shapes" and "I'm Happy To Be Here Tonight" of their debut when they were still punk: Hope Is Important
. "El Captain", "I Understand it", "I want a Warning" and "Love steals us from lonliness" of Warnings/Promises
and "If it takes you home" and "You & I are both away" of their 07 release: Make Another World
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?: Radiohead
"Pop Is Dead"
11. What is your favorite album by 40?:
Er. I have three "40"s, so: Hüsker Dü
-> No Idea. Apartently I mostly listened to Everything Falls ApartRyan Adams
-> Love Is HellNoir Désir
. Because its the only one I own so far. Shamefully.
12. What is your favorite song by 10?: Syd Barrett
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30?: The Charlatans
Being in Belgium and trying to understand every bloody word of "With No Shoes" while lying on the bed in the way too hot room and of course watching "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" when I was 11 and falling in love with "The Only One I know".
14. What is your favorite song by 38?:
I only have two 37s... so:Led Zeppelin
-> "Poor Tom", "Tramled Underfoot", "Stairway to Heaven" & "Misty Mountain Hop"Bright Eyes
-> "A Song To Pass The Time" and... others.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?: Oasis
If not that Oasis wouldnt be for me. Happy in a silly way would be "Bonehead's Bank Holiday".
16. How many times have you seen 25 live?: Tocotronic
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?:South
"Colours in Waves". I saw it on TV and thought it was Coldplay at first. Haha
18. What is your favorite album by 11?: Snow Patrol
Really dont know. I like all four. But probably When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up
or Songs For Polar Bears
or the other two :P
19. Who is a favorite member of 1?: Pink Floyd
Motherfuckers. Easy one. That would be SydRogerRickNickDave *cough*
20. Have you ever seen 14 live?: Keane
No. I didnt want to go and pay 5 euros for them. I thought they were utter shit then. Crap, now I’ll have to pay a loooot more to get to see them.
21. What is a good memory involving 27? Lifehouse
Them being my first favourite band in general and seeing them live in 2003. It was all very moving.
22. What is your favorite song by 16?: The Stone Roses
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47?: PJ Harvey
“This Is Love” including the lines that made me fall in love with her:
I can't believe life is so complex, when i just want to sit here and watch you undress.
24. What is your favorite album by 18?: The Smiths
In all honesty... it’s a compilation. The World The World Won't Listen
. Great tracklisting.
25. What is your favorite song by 21?: Joy Division
"Love will tear us apart” and “Decades”.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?: Steven Mertens
Either “On Ice” or “On The Radio”, which ever I downloaded first. SO UNDERRATED!!!
27. What is your favorite album by 3?: Athlete
So far... I think their release from this year is winning: Beyond The Neighbourhood
but I’m not entirely sure because I really love their debut, too. Just not the second one.
28. What is you favorite song by 2?: Ride
“Here and now”, “Leave Them All Behind”, “Seagull”, “Polar Bear” and “Vapour Trail”. Maybe.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32?:
I only have two 31s... With Blur
it is probably “Coffee & TV” or “Song 2” and Louise Attaque
simply the first track of À plus tard crocodile
which is “La Traversée du désert”.
30. What is you favorite song by 8?: Unbelievable Truth
“Landslide”, “Pedestrian”, “Agony” and “Roadside No. 1”
31. How many times have you seen 17 live?: Primal Scream
Not yet. Shame.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy?: Andy Yorke
Not really, no. But “Roses” and “Found the Road” is pretty close to pure sadness as it gets.
33. What is you favorite album by 12?: The Who
“Baba O’Riley”, “Water”, “My Generation”, “Won’t get Fooled Again”, “Baby Don’t You Do It”, “Behind Blue Eyes” ect ect.
Someone too much in love with Who’s Next
34. What is the worst song by 45?: The Zombies
Do they have really bad ones...?
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34?: Kashmir
“Ether” -> LOVE AT FIRST LISTEN
36. What is you favorite album by 48?: Deathcab For Cutie
Something About Airplanes? Maybe.
37. How many times have you seen 42 live?:
I don’t have a 42. From 40 to 43 I’ve only seen Ryan Adams
38. What is you favorite song by 36?: The Verve
“A New Decade”, “Brainstorm Interlude”, “Life’s An Ocean”, “Stormy Clouds” ... (“Bittersweet Symphony”, too)
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28?: Travis
“Tied to the 90s”
40. What is you favorite album by 7?: Coldplay Parachutes
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy?: Malajube
Hell yes! “Montreal -40 °C”, “Le Robot Sexy”, “Le Métronome », « Le Bataillon »... almost all their songs
42. What is your favorite album by 41?:
see above somewhere....
43. What is your favorite song by 24?: Mando Diao
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46?: Starsailor
Making up a dance to “Four to the floor” with my friend.
45. What is your favorite song by 35?:Malajube
Montréal -40 °C
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?: Mew
“Saliva” and “I should have been a tsin-tsi”
47. What is your favorite album by 4?: Interpol Turn on the Bright Lights
48. Who is a favorite member of 37?: Led Zeppelin
A Jimmy/Jonesy tie.
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43?: The Hives
“Hate to say I told you so”
50. How many albums do you own by 20?: Nine Inch Nails