PLEASE "LIKE" IT AND SPREAD THE
PLEASE TWEET IT TO YOUR TWITTER FRIENDS!
http://bit.ly/TrueBloodICAIS COPY THE LINK INTO YOUR IM's!
HERE ARE YOUR FRIENDS WHO PLEDGED SUPPORT!
Blood is an integral part of the human body. So why should you donate something that's important to you?
What is blood?
Blood is made of 2 important components: Cellular components and plasma. The cellular components consist of red blood cells (carry oxygen to your cells), white blood cells (fight diseases and infections) and platelets (help blood to clot so that you don't bleed excessively).
Plasma contains all nutrients like glucose, salt and proteins.
Blood as a whole is an important transport system in your body that transfers everything around at all times of the day.
- Registration and key information about the process
- History - Basic medical history
- Hydrate and prepare - drink some water and await your turn
- Donation - The most important process takes only 15 minutes!
- Revitalize and refresh - have a snack and rehydrate. Rest for a few minutes and leave
- The donor has to be between the ages of 1 8 and 55.
- The donor has to weigh a minimum of 50kg.
- The donor, at any point in his/her life, should not have had Hepatitis.
Okay! I want to donate. But where?
You're in luck on the 15th of January The Interact Club of Asian International School, Colombo, Sri Lanka is having a blood drive at the school premises from 9.30AM onwards.
Asian International School
4/97 Thalakotuwa Gardens Colombo 05
Bring your whole family, friends and co-workers! Anyone is welcome as long as they meet the above mentioned criteria.
Unfortunately there is no guarantee that your blood will be accepted, as rejection rates are high (due to various reasons like low haemoglobin levels or low blood counts) and proximately only 37% of the current Sri Lankan population can donate.
One hour of your time can save a life!