Jan 15 2012, 19h12 por azeleah
Jan 5 2012, 19h53 por Meader
Jun 3 2011, 0h12 por PorridgeGun
Set 24 2010, 7h19 por MetalSabe
Set 19 2010, 22h18 por HendrixFan42Sat 18 Sep – Pavement, Jenny and Johnny
The title might be a hyperbole, but seeing Pavement, the band that defined high school for me (along with the Replacements), but broke up before I even know who they were, was the day I've waited for all year. And it did not disappoint at all, with Pavement delivering an epic, high energy 28 song set that touched on the vast majority of their albums, except for their final Terror Twilight which was barely represented. Their trendsetting debut Slanted & Enchanted was most represented, but the shaky lo fi of that album was replaced with the sound of masters of live music, polished but far from slick, and truly exhilarating. The band had great stage presence, SM's voice was great, and seeing such songs as Stop Breathin', We Dance and Shoot the Singer live were simply unforgettable moments. By the time the band ended their second encore with Here, with the song's chorus of "Everything is ending here" finally turned into the power ballad it was always poised to be…
Ago 28 2010, 0h20 por Sketch52
Mar 29 2010, 20h18 por latenightbusThese are the artists with the most last fm plays for me this year.
1. Liars - Can't believe I've only just found this band. Sisterworld is an incredible album start to finish but arguably it isn't even their career highlight. ' 'Too much, too much' the last track seems to have addictive qualities that make we want to listen to the album again.
2. My Bloody Valentine - Been utterly addicted since ATP not just to Loveless but their entire career, even the Conway stuff. The Loomer bootleg very nearly captures their live sound on tape.
3. Sleater Kinney Another band I've only just discovered after years of avoiding them. The Woods is an absolute stormer, none of the other (very worthy) albums have quite grabbed me yet
4. Sonic Youth Finally discovered that the pre Daydream Nation stuff is brilliant after my Murray Street/ Sonic Nurse fixation last year.
5. Swans. This must almost entirely be comprised of plays from White Light From the Mouth of Infinity which appears to be one of the best albums I've ever heard. …
Mar 8 2010, 2h46 por andyshuteMon 1 Mar – Pavement
After 10 years the expectation was pretty high. I first became aware of Pavement when Stereo and Shady Lane managed to filter through the dense Britpop haze I lived under back in the mid-90s. I caught them at the V97 festival and then got Terror Twilight when it came out. After that I ended up exploring the back catalogue and over the years wished I'd paid more attention the first time round. So when those rumours about the reunion came round I started getting excited. Then to discover New Zealand (of all places) gets the first night!
And they definitely delivered (and despite the above they got an A for that too). They were relaxed on stage without any real sign of having been away plus they looked happy together. Playful banter, a tight sound and Malkmus still remains way too cool for school. There were a few technical difficulties as SM intoned at one point and Steve got lost through the set list (comprising a great range of tracks, lots of Slanted/Enchanted tunes…
Dez 25 2009, 8h54 por Kreestan1. Anathallo
3. Animal Collective
4. Modest Mouse
5. Jason Mraz
6. Sufjan Stevens
9. Lil' Wayne
10. Sonic Youth
13. Notorious B.I.G.
14. The Arcade Fire
16. Bon Iver
17. Lady GaGa
18. Dirty Projectors
20. Kid Cudi
21. The xx
23. Saves the Day
25. The Shins
now answer the questions according to the numbers.
1. What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
2. What is your favorite album by 2?
3. What is your favorite lyric that 1 has sung?
Come to think of it, most of Anathallo's lyrics are pretty shitty when out of context from their entire being. If I had to choose, I guess I'd say these lines from A Song for Christine, that are originally from the Book of Job, which I find pretty coincidental.
"And how I long for that day (when I will return to ashes and dust)(Job 30:17-19). …
Mai 11 2009, 6h15 por zmase