5 Jun 2009 | de thefeelin.com/news.html
We wanted to share some last minute details about Friday's show.
1. We are encouraging any and all Videographers, amateurs and professionals, to bring in camera's and shoot footage of the show. We will then compile and use all the fan footage as part of a DVD we are planning to release. Borrow Ma & Pa's camera if you have to, bring your own gear, or even use your video mode on your compact digital camera. We wanna get creative with this one so have some fun with it. Let us know by emailing here that you have some footage to share after the show.
2. We have some really cool booths set up for the show that will include, Aura Readings, a Chi Machine and Energy Workers. Bring an open mind, explore, discover and have fun with these.
3. Directions to the Cedar - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=CedarCulturalCenter&near=Minneapolis,MN&ei=n6AmSp-SJIXOMdL3rIUF
4. Parking - Parking is available at the University of Minnesota 19th Avenue Ramp Just 1/3 block east of the Cedar Cultural Center on Riverside Avenue.
5. Refreshments, Eats and the sweet Garden Patio - The Cedar sells a fine range of domestic (emphasis on microbrews) and imported beers, several quality Wines, Sodas, Juices, Coffee, Chai, and various Teas. A limited supply of hot food (typically curry and accompaniments from the Jewel of India) is available for purchase during most concerts, as well as tasty snacks (nuts, chips, chocolate, and more). An attractive garden patio provides a haven for smokers and non-smokers alike. You may bring your own food and drinks (n/a) inside. The neighborhood offers some unique, quality options or just pack your brown bag lunch.
6. Here is a reiteration of the details you may or may not already know...
*Official Press Release - May 1st 2009*
A Shining Moment in Minnesota Music.
Saint Paul, Minnesota — The vibrant local singer-songwriter Nicholas Mrozinski’s last three albums came with critical acclaim, but—with some big time help, and a ton of steam—it is his newest project, Together We’re Stronger, that delivers some truly great songs. In 2008 we watched Nicholas lose over 100 pounds and perform over 150 shows. This new found energy, passion, and momentum brought All-Star Minnesota musicians out of the woodwork to be a part of his new album and to share their own gifts. Together We’re Stronger is not only a testament to the times we face, now, together, but also a validation of the thriving local Twin Cities music scene. The players contributing to the album span over 40 local bands, unofficially dubbed “The Feelin Orchestra” after Mrozinski’s nickname “The Feelin”.
The way everybody came together to contribute like this really makes the album name ring HOME. It also says a lot about Nicholas’ individual talents. Ask any of the contributing local musicians and they’ll tell you that Nicholas’ music is special. Referring to his “global and magnetizing voice,” Rift Magazine believes he is “a chosen one” in the local scene. Budgeteer News discovered that Nicholas’ “music draws you in, and keeps you fixated from the first note. It's like falling in love with music all over again.” Summing it up is The Duluth News Tribune who proclaims, “This man is capable of producing such a warm sound, you’d swear you were sitting in front of an open flame.”
It’s time to start believing in your local music scene again.
Come see why on Friday June 5th, 2009 at the wonderful Cedar Cultural Center.
Who: Nicholas Mrozinski with The Feelin Orchestra. Support includes; The Root City Band and Castino & Fladager of The Big Wu. The Feelin Orchestra includes the many musicians contributing to the album. Visit www.thefeelin.com to see the complete guest musician list.
What: Nicholas Mrozinski’s fourth release, Together We’re Stronger, CD Release Party.
Where: The Cedar Cultural Center, 416 Cedar Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55454
When: Friday, June 5, 2009 - Doors at 7pm, Music at 8pm
Why: Music makes lives better. It’s an exciting time to be alive and Minnesota is a great place to plant the community seeds and to eat your music locally!
How: Tickets - $10 in advance and $12 day of show. Purchased online at TicketWeb.com, or from the Cedar Ticketline at 612-338-2674 (ext 2) or can be purchased at the following Cedar Outlets:
Global Village - 406 Cedar Ave S, Minneapolis (612) 673-0366
The Electric Fetus - 2000 4th Ave S, Minneapolis (612) 870-9300
Homestead Pickin' Parlor - 6625 Penn Ave So, Richfield (612) 861-3308
Irish on Grand - 1124 Grand Ave, St. Paul (651) 222-5151
7. For those of you who cannot make it to the show, if you want to pick up the new album you can order it from http://www.thefeelin.com/products.html or you can pick it up on iTunes worldwide Tuesday, June 9th.
Thanks so much for your continued love and support!!!
We'll see you Friday.
Leia o artigo completo em:
A Last.fm não se responsabiliza pelo contéudo de sites externos.