Jan 5 2013, 21h10 por cosmicallison
Mai 27 2012, 8h26 por Mark_H
Jan 15 2012, 17h40 por Mark_H
Jul 14 2011, 23h53 por Milkshake8Physicists have created a "hole in time" using the Temporal equivalent of an invisibility cloak.
Invisibility cloaks are the result of physicists' newfound ability to distort Electromagnetic fields in extreme ways. The idea is Steer light around a volume of space so that anything inside this region is essentially Invisible.
The effect has generated huge interest. The first INVISIBILITY cloaks worked only at microwave frequencies but in only a few years, physicists have found ways to create cloaks that work for visible light, for sound and for Ocean Waves. They've even designed illusion cloaks that can make one object look like another.
Today, Moti Fridman and buddies, at Cornell University in Ithaca, go a step further. These guys have designed and built a cloak that hides events in time.
Time Cloaking is possible because of a kind of duality between space and time in Electromagnetic theory. …
Mai 8 2011, 17h04 por Mark_H
Mai 8 2011, 17h03 por Mark_HThis chart shows Prog Rock acts sorted by average plays per listener. An attempt has been made to ensure that the chart is clean of acts that have a minority of listeners who artificially inflate the average play number, but as that task is essentially impossible, take this chart with a large pinch of salt.
Charts:LastFM Popularity|position changes|most played|new listeners|average play gains
1. (new) 541921 Porcupine Tree (Heavy Prog) (84.41)
2. (new) 100378 Аквариум (Prog Folk) (53.15)
3. (new) 836086 The Mars Volta (Heavy Prog) (41.60)
4. (new) 1076918 The Decemberists (Prog Folk) (40.38)
5. (new) 68516 Karnivool (Heavy Prog) (38.96)
6. (new) 513477 Frank Zappa (Avant-Prog) (38.89)
7. (new) 333097 King Crimson (Eclectic Prog) (38.79)
8. (new) 256825 Blackmore's Night (Prog Folk) (36.67)
9. (new) 281438 Ska-P (Neo-Prog Rock) (36.55)
Mai 7 2011, 12h58 por Mark_H
Mai 6 2011, 14h27 por Mark_H
Mai 6 2011, 8h50 por Mark_H
Mai 2 2011, 11h46 por Mark_H