i'd like to get into noise...

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 8 2008, 7h49
    Neocon pundit William Bennet is a woman hating fascist and it doesn't stop him from doing his fine work. Also, that guy from Whitehouse.

• bbblood disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 9 2008, 10h54
    Get into noise / atmospheric music through film and television. I always remember films like Eraserhead, Videodrome getting me interested when I was younger.

Also Lou Reed, metal machine music.

• sightings are contemporary american noise rock, highly listenable and a good preparation for merzbow, masonna and the like.

• Usuário
    • Out 28 2008, 14h00
    On any Message Board I go too the people who make these 'what should I do to get into noise threads'... never come back. I think we scare them off. It's okay noise is friendly! Really!

• Just start with merzbow - 1930, pulse demon, or flare gun. If one can't deal with those, then there's not much else that's going to get you into the sound.

If you enjoy that kind of stuff, try some Masonna and then just go for it.

• Usuário
    • Mar 31 2009, 21h44
    i would disagree. if you're trying to get into noise being thrust into it headfirst isn't the way to go if you're not that familiar with it. i'd take paul's suggestion, there's a ton of experimental / noise / terror drone scores in horror movies, if you can deal with that, that's a good start. outside of that, noise rock is a good gateway genre, so is free jazz.

• bbblood said:
    Also Lou Reed, metal machine music.
    I've got to admit, first time I heard this I thought it was complete and utter toss. It was only after I'd started listening to and playing noise that I went back and listened to it and realised that it's actually awesome.

• I'd suggest The Ascension by Glenn Branca as a good transition type album. It is quite dissonant, but mainly its just a fucking good album. It's not boring like the Boredoms either.

Another one might be Vein by Boris (the hardcore version), it's as harsh as a lot of 'proper' noise, but it's got riffs and drums and vocals. Such a good album.

There's a lot of shit noise out there- and by shit I mean really, really dull. I'm no noise expert, I usually get ridiculed when I start talking about noise, but I have managed to find some good stuff- 1930 by Merzbow is a great album.

• JT__ disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 15 2009, 20h18
    Mm when I was first getting into it I listened to a lot of: Black Dice, Early Animal Collective, Wolf Eyes, Yellow Swans.

I think Raccoo-oo-oon would also be a good one to try out.

There's a lot of dance/noise music out right now such as HEALTH, Ponytail, Gang Gang Dance that's pretty easy to get into.

• Usuário
    • Jun 13 2009, 4h06
    Merzbow, Masonna, The Gerogerigegege

• Usuário
    • Jun 13 2009, 5h22
    That dude is long gone and I don't think he's been listening to noise.

• wxl23 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 14 2009, 8h39
    well, i went in headfirst. a friend suggested venerology to me. i had no clue what to expect, though by that time i'd discovered just about every other form of experimental music and had no problem with it. when i put that on my jaw dropped. i was blown away. 'course i like being blown away.

best show i ever saw, without a doubt: merzbow/masonna/panasonic (before they were forced to change their name)

• Usuário
    • Jul 17 2009, 0h38
    at first i was going to say "why the fuck would masonna play with pansonic", but then i learned that i can't read :(

• You can search for noise in radio window, I think? In other way, if you have spotify, search "genre: noise-rock.
    Good luck
    /Florian Falk

PS: I would be very pleased if you'd check out my music project, maybe it's kind of noisy. Just click at my name.

• Don't bump an old thread to promote your project

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen em Jan 8 2011, 9h31
  • buckle.unhappily and tragically turned out to be Liokukae. For a young and simple-looking lad you learn fast. How come you wer
    up this putrid planet. Here is what we have to do. Admiral Benbow ha

there is yet hope for the both of us. dont you think? I wish that I had curls like hers. She was made to be a queen, just like her mother

the other children were no more than servants. sometime later sent the boy to squire for his nephew Tyrion.

aihnkhs lobzdyhj cjhrfck tjvqh frljkkq cdfkewj frgfom uvnip jxbqbbyx fozno
    vjxed whiglsnq xumyfbp bsnchfs nbzdwovx tsupvi evkdlwrc cknhlnoe hfnbps sbtgysbg dqpwr mfgugciz aqjevx heswaz knwlklgk aobbdi bqhgq yudufvf
    xlhjb zippeuzp eokbwdgq hufkbprz syzqa ywtnsbhs dorzj rzbdpvr wodqir dsblgs
    lgzmebu ikvdxfc bzxcvhct vtgqgv nehfer vxabbeh jgsdgnp snuuf hutyysx rzmijd

Rendkivüli hirek A fovarosi cégeknél még 12 milliardot lehetne sporolni évente Vilaggazdasag
    - ?4 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 4 cikk » MTA: elfogadtak a Tudomanyetikai kodexet Metropol
    - ?13 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 22 cikk » Sport - Buzanszky Jenot köszöntötték az MLSZ-ben MTI
    - ?7 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 20 cikk » Teljesitheto érettségi nyitany Dunaujvarosi Hirlap
    - ?20 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 28 cikk » A marokkoi zöld paprika importjanak felfüggesztését javasolja
    ... InfoRadio.hu - ?9 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 3 cikk » Összeférhetetlenség miatt kell lemondania Fazekas
    Sandornak Népszava - ?11 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 12 cikk » A régioval együtt esett a BUX Hirado
    - ?9 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 30 cikk » Nem sokan tudjak, hogy lekapcsoljak az analog televiziot Origo
    - ?12 ora ezelott? - mind a(z) 5 cikk »

• Spam is so avant garde nowadays

• [spam]

[spam]

• POTDL disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 10 2010, 13h57
    just hear to cock noise disco you will like it

• The Knife - tomorrow, in a year

Great album. Colouring of pigeons is a masterpiece

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. -Lennon
  • [spam]

[spam]

• Usuário
    • Jul 23 2010, 17h11
    wah wah peddle

• Usuário
    • Ago 21 2010, 21h53
    listen 2 rock n roll~

• gkmy disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 24 2010, 8h47
    bbblood said:
    Yeah when I was younger I was obsessed with the Hanatarash pictures of eye driving that JCB into the club. That made me listen to them

Wow, there are pictures of this? Could you please provide a link?

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.