• Balkans

Recently I've discovered three great bands from Serbia:

Izvor
    Belo Platno and
    Kulin Ban

and I am mesmerized. Does anyone knows and want to recommend some more great artist from the Balkans?

• g_v disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 8 2007, 23h24
    Fanfare Ciocărlia - Romania
    Terra Folk - Slovenia

These two are best 4 me ;)

Also more or less interesting can be Balkan Sevdah from Poland (Wrocław)...

• jankii disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 10 2007, 22h40
    Hi,

if you like those artists you might (or not :P) like these:

Goran Bregovic - his latest album Karmen (With a Happy End) can be found on amazon.

Afion they have only one album - Afion (as far as I know) so don't listen to Zimmer003 previews, you can listen to them on http://www.myspace.com/afion.

Legen (you can find 2 free songs on www.legen.org/news.htm) and Mojmir Novakovic I Kries it's more of a fusion of traditional music and electronica.

Oh, and I discovered this ensemble on last.fm radio by chance: Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares.

Happy listening. :)

• mansko disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 16 2007, 11h31
    not famous but incredebly skillful:

vera bila - czech republic (guitars and voice)
    mahala rai banda - romanian (gypsy, hip hop, traditionnal, drums..)

• Mantaar disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 14 2007, 20h31
    I like angelite, they have two great collaborations with Huun-Huur-Tu: Angelite & Moscow Art Trio with Huun-Huur-Tu is one of them, the other is an album called "Fly, Fly My Sadness". Unfortunately I can't find it here on last.fm, but it's a stunning album!

You might like Irfan, too. Great, great band. Just recently ordered their album from amazon and listend four or five times in a row through it.

blog...
    • devojche disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 6 2008, 13h45
    Take a look at this thread:

Balkan culture in MySpace (music links)

THANK YOU Julija!

• mosesxan disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 18 2008, 19h00
    Here's some more great artists from Bulgaria:

Ivan Milev Band

Ivo Papasov

Yuri Yunakov

• Hi,
    just joined this group...with the intention of spreading the love of Afion and Kries (as they are, in my humble opinion, the best world music artists Croatia has to offer), but I see someone has already done that :)
    ps hvala za link za legenove pjesme, već duugo to tražim...
    cheerio :)

not quite there...

• I think Paniks can compare to fameous Beirut! Or Beirut could compare with Paniks?

• Dvig

Dvig -- very sofisticated and touching music from Vranje, Serbia.

confusion will be my epitaph...
  • Boban Markovic Orkestar - find his live in Belgrade album, just stunning

Balkan Beat Box - Nu Med

Shantel - Disko Partizani

just give me a shout or leave me a message in case you want more recommendations! Balkan music is just great

• Mantaar said:
    I like angelite, they have two great collaborations with Huun-Huur-Tu: Angelite & Moscow Art Trio with Huun-Huur-Tu is one of them, the other is an album called "Fly, Fly My Sadness". Unfortunately I can't find it here on last.fm, but it's a stunning album!

You're absolutely right. Fly, Fly My Sadness is amazing... it's done with a Bulgarian folk ensemble, who I think might be the The Pirin Folk Ensemble, but I'm not sure.

Probably my favourite Balkan album is called 'Wide is the Danube' by Hungarian singer Irén Lovász and folk-rock-jazz band Teagrass. The album title says it all... it incorporates musical traditions from Hungary, Romania, the former Czechoslovakia, and elsewhere. Very, very good album.

Head of the Muzsikás and Márta Sebestyén Fan Group.
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 23 2009, 22h59
  • :-)

thank you sooooo for all those cool links :-))

my collection of Balkan Orient and Gypsie music :-)

• :)

Mahala Rai Banda !!!!!!

• Kimaali disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 29 2010, 15h58
    Besh O Drom is a great brass band from Hungary. Here is their myspace : http://www.myspace.com/shodrom

• Bulgaria:
    Irfan - one of the best bands in the world, imo
    Isihia - beautiful spiritual church/folk music
    already mentioned Le Mystère des voix Bulgares
    Serbia:
    Jelena Tomašević - especially some tracks from album "Live"
    Slobodan Trkulja & Balkanopolis - obscure but really fantastic

आर्यविजयः!
    • palyno disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 6 2010, 11h29
    London Gypsy Orchestra and Perunika Trio are London-based balkan music set-ups, well worth checking out, if you're English you might just get the chance to see them live too!London Gypsy OrchestraPerunika Trio

• I'm a big fan of Afion (calm and melodic sounds/mixed macedonian and Croatian traditional songs) they really sound beautiful
    and Mojmir Novaković i Kries with traditional songs sang in a new way, with a lot of slavic mythology
    Cinkuši also a band from from Northern Croatia, songs from region Međimurje

Damir Imamović Trio Bosnia

jerbo di je zakon tute srcu mista nima°°
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.