"The Metal Observer" looking for new journalistic contributors

• "The Metal Observer" looking for new journalistic contributors

We are currently also looking for new contributors!

If you are serious about this and think that you can be a steady contributor to our site, please send us an application with information about you (favourite styles, any background that might help us evaluate your application), plus at least two positive and two negative review (never can hurt to send more) to alex (at) metal-observer.com and see, if you can dazzle us with your brilliance ;)

What you need:

* Extensive knowledge of many sub genres of Rock and Metal
    * Very good knowledge of the English language in spoken and written form
    * Commitment and dedication
    * Ability to work organised
    * Ability to follow existing rules
    * Ability and willingness to continuously contribute over a longer period of time
    * Experience with other magazines is no disadvantage

What you get:

* An international team of fans, who write for fans
    * The chance to interact internationally with fans and also musicians
    * The chance to find new bands and sounds
    * The chance to support bands and labels worldwide
    * The chance to write for an internationally acclaimed magazine that averages at around 10,000 visits and more than 145,000 pageviews (the amount of pages that are getting visited) a day

Please keep in mind that it is not as easy as some might think to write fair reviews on a constant basis, also with deadlines and all, especially as there also will be CDs that are just plain bad or simply mediocre, but still require as much attention as others...

• I've thought about what it would be like to be a reviewer, but I've come to the conclusion that I most likely wouldn't make a very good one. :D First there's the fact that I often fall asleep, even while listening to CDs, so it would require a lot of time and attention to even just LISTEN to the album. And then if I'd have to write a review on it, it would require even more attention from me. Plus, I usually suck at explaining what I think about things in a good way. It's like "yeah, it's good, but not THAT good" etc.

So, don't hire me!

The most pointless war in history needs to be stopped. So join and stuff.
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 5 2007, 6h22
    hm. i may be inclined to do some reviews. theres a couple of cds that i have that arent listed up on TMO, that i think people should know about. i may very well apply.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 27 2007, 0h05
    not only did i consider applying, i actually DID apply. now i wait.

• I'm thinking about it seriously... I'll have to organise my time and responsibilities first tho..

Yes, I'm your new friend, I'm the aftertaste, I consolidate your emotions, And sign my name as your devotion to life...
    • TMOVal disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 8 2007, 20h08
    And the search continues, we have decided to open up for some fresh blood again, so if you are interested and think that you have what it takes, feel free to send us an application!

• mynystry disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 25 2008, 9h31
    hello,

i like writing reviews also :) lately i've been more focused on gigs, you can take a look here if you want.

those are the last two gigs i went... well, actually i went to see red sparowes a couple of weeks ago, but i know too little about post-rock to write something coherent... hehe.

cheers!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.