Fuck Tim Armstrong

• Fuck Tim Armstrong

I already knew Tim and Lars had sold out long ago (I haven't heard too much bad about Matt, so he's still m'boy), but I hadn't seen the material evidence of that till I downloaded a couple of Tim Armstrong's videos, from his solo endeavor, and old Transplants stuff.
    Fucking mercedes and strippers and budweiser, couldn't tell him from fucking lil jon or kanye west.
    and speaking of budweiser, i thought he'd been dry for a while? granted, he's not drinking in any of em, but there's beer all around in almost every one. i guess straight-edge doesn't sell enough records.
    anyone else agree?

• HC-Ixnay disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 22 2007, 19h53
    They suck. Enough said.

...squeeze to warm and ribs stab heart. Now the taste of my teeth reminds me, have I called you today? yesterday I called you never...
    • TxPxMx disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 22 2007, 19h55
    ¡¡¡Viva Rancid!!!

• TxPxMx disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 22 2007, 19h55
    and Tran$plants

• i'm not saying the music's not passable (even if tim armstrong was never a great musician to start with), but rancid in their true spirit is dead.
    and though i will listen to the 2 transplants songs i own when i'm in a mainstream-shit mood (which happens VERY rarely), for all intensive purposes, transplants can suck my cock.
    actually, you just drew my attention to something an particular. the dollar sign in transplants. and on the cover of their first album, i believe, was a pimped out cadillac. case and point. capitalist bullshit.

• Shit...

I had the same fucking reaction when I encountered Tim's solo work. (I already knew about the Transplants being shit, but I ignored that...)

I downloaded Tim Armstrong's entire album (not willing to buy it if it wasn't good eh?), and I immediately deleted it after listening... so lame. Shit... Where did the punk love go?

(I could see it depleting away in the last couple shitty slow Rancid albums, but I'm basically in denial.)

• 80sfraud disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 25 2007, 4h38
    When did Rancid sell out, what record and why?

They have always been terrible people just say they sold out when they realized their favorite band is terrible. Rancid were always annoying little mohawk fucks.

Mainstream-shit mood? are you fucking kidding? What does that mean, mainstream isn't a type of music you can't have moods with it. Please stop trying to reclaim your punk rock integrity. God I hate punk fans.

• their music's bad now, it used to be decent, if only because matt freeman was a helluva punk bassist. their lyrics were never punk, i agree with you, but at least they still had some spirit in them until about Life Won't Wait. It came back a little with Rancid 2000, but they lost it entirely with Indestructible.
    besides, the thread was about armstrong in particular, and his particular shitty direction.
    like i said, i have 2 transplant songs that i got for free off the epitaph site 2 years ago, and no i dont immediately skip past them when they come on the shuffle. overanalyze a little more why dont you.
    and most importantly, i skim through these forums every once in a while, and in every post i've seen of yours, you've been fucking hateful like you were just personally insulted. lighten the fuck up. hell, i'm a ska kid anyways, i never had any integrity to start with.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 30 2007, 17h52
    RANCID SUCKS! RANCID SUCKS! RANCID SUCKS AND THE CLASH SUCKED TOO!

sorry, couldnt help myself. but Rancid is pretty bad.

• 80sfraud disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 30 2007, 22h28
    skaddict89 said:
    their music's bad now, it used to be decent, if only because matt freeman was a helluva punk bassist. their lyrics were never punk, i agree with you, but at least they still had some spirit in them until about Life Won't Wait. It came back a little with Rancid 2000, but they lost it entirely with Indestructible.
    besides, the thread was about armstrong in particular, and his particular shitty direction.
    like i said, i have 2 transplant songs that i got for free off the epitaph site 2 years ago, and no i dont immediately skip past them when they come on the shuffle. overanalyze a little more why dont you.
    and most importantly, i skim through these forums every once in a while, and in every post i've seen of yours, you've been fucking hateful like you were just personally insulted. lighten the fuck up. hell, i'm a ska kid anyways, i never had any integrity to start with.

I never said anything about rancid being punk rock or not, what are punk lyrics?

Why would I analyze music that I immediately dislike?

• Tim Armstrong
    is damn amazing
    thats my opinion
    and in my opinion, fuck your opinion
    but thats whats neat about opinions, we each get our own, so i will let you have your opinion
    and you can let me have mine
    but I am here to say
    I fucking love Tim Armstrongs
    i think hes damn rad!

his punk love?
    he likes reggae, so he made a solo more reggae-ish cd, becasuet that is what he wants to do.

he doesnt do what he does to impress you
    he does whatever he wants to do, without having to get anyones fucking permission

ahah
    Tim Armstrong is so rad.

"I asked some girl down the block if she wanted to skank with me and I think she called the cops" -Some Rudeboy from Nothing Nice To Say
    • jlaki disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 10h47
    I don't even believe straight edge is possible.
    How can you prove that you never drink anything? Or smoke?
    F that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn7Xn0Ejtdc

• Usuário
    • Nov 8 2009, 4h39
    stick to Operation Ivy then if you don't like Rancid. they don't do much for me either, but at least they brought thier own original style to the table. Most people would do what they love for a living if they had the chance.

• Usuário
    • Nov 14 2009, 12h13
    'Fuck Tim Armstrong' ... Fuck you.

• RL91 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 16 2009, 9h11
    People need to get over the fact that bands will occasionally change

• RL91 said:
    People need to get over the fact that bands will occasionally change

Agreed. And I think if a band does change sure it might suck but I think the whole idea of ratting on bands for selling out is stupid. I know lots of kids in the local punk scene who like a lot of great punk music, but for a lot of them they got into the scene from the bigger "sell out" bands.

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it." - Jello
    • Usuário
    • Jan 21 2010, 7h09
    Who gives a fuck about Rancid's popularity, and who gives a fuck about what Tim Armstrong does in his music videos? The Ramones, The Clash, and Buzzcocks all had MASSIVE commercial success - what does it matter if a modern punk band does, too?

(note: edited for bein' tl;dr, lulz)

• Sellout. The most overused term in modern music. It makes no sense.

People who call bands and people that, just tend to be jealous morons.

I don't know. Ask someone else.
  • Who the hell's Tim Armstrong? i already forgot [/sarcasm]

• Tim Armstrong is a gay or something

• nezbah disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 23 2010, 12h16
    Tim was a steet kid who didnt have shit and work his way to the top. He never had mommy or daddy flowing him money. Yeah he sold out. get over it! HE TOOK THE MONEY BECAUSE HE FINALY HAS IT!
    dont hate unless you have gone threw being homless at the age of 7.

• Fuckidy-Fuck punx

listen up!! News Flash: Tim Armstrong makes it possible for a mighty bunch of little tiny local punk bands to get that record deal they all so deeply desire so they can come play live in a town near you and make enough cash to, perhaps, EAT. And just cause he gets what down n drrrty punk is all about, and just how nice the carrot major lables dangle in front of said itty bitty bands might look,n just how bad it tastes.... u followin me??? He does punk, especially the struggling n starving, a service. So you don't like his music, I'm truely sorry for you. But grow up n get real. Punk is supposed to be imperfect, contradicting, on n on.Thats what makes it so perfect. If ur gonna get cocky about perfect punkism then its u who doesnt get it.

Fuck Off Hippies.
  • uh...he's a homophobic junkie

"Fuck Your Street Spirit." - Ruben Polo
  • nezbah said:
    Tim was a steet kid who didnt have shit and work his way to the top. He never had mommy or daddy flowing him money. Yeah he sold out. get over it! HE TOOK THE MONEY BECAUSE HE FINALY HAS IT!
    dont hate unless you have gone threw being homless at the age of 7.

So... if i go homeless right now and work my way to go to your house and rape your dog, im justified?

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.