Another Time: Recommondations?

• teddypuh disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 18 2006, 20h32

Another Time: Recommondations?

Hy there! Great group round here and I hope to gain new influences while staying round here.

So could you recommend some artists to me?

My favourites so far are:

Dream Theater
    Nevermore
    Opeth
    Paradise Lost
    Pain of Salvation
    Threshold
    Ayreon
    and so on.. you can recognize the tendence.

They are in no order concerning significance.

I would love to read your recommondations and I am sure there will be something I really love.

greetings

~puh

• ZoiiX disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 18 2006, 22h27
    I can recomend, Dimmu Borgir, Muse, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Incubus, Black Label Society,Tool, Satyricon, The Mars Volta, Audioslave, 30 Seconds To Mars, El Caco, Madrugada, Slipknot, Porcupine Three, Tenacious D, A Perfect Circle, Animal Alpha, Disturbed, Dave Matthews Band, Rammstein, i think this should do for a while....

well music = Life
  • Re: Another Time: Recommondations?

Quoth teddypuh:
    Hy there! Great group round here and I hope to gain new influences while staying round here.

So could you recommend some artists to me?

My favourites so far are:

Dream Theater
    Nevermore
    Opeth
    Paradise Lost
    Pain of Salvation
    Threshold
    Ayreon
    and so on.. you can recognize the tendence.

They are in no order concerning significance.

I would love to read your recommondations and I am sure there will be something I really love.

greetings

~puh

Based on what you have, I would recommend:

Into Eternity
    Katatonia
    Anathema
    Amorphis

Those are what I can think of right off the top of my head at the moment.

Insanity takes its toll, so please, have exact change.
  • All these bands are based on what you have too...
    DISILLUSION ! arcturus, green carnation, anathema, yargos (An excellent band with the amazing threshold singer) ambeon star one & stream of passion (these are the 3 others side projects from arjen lucassen, ayreon's frontman) and i'm agree with the 4 bands mentionned by Drlindgren...

And I can't advice you many others, but it would be too difficult to appreciate all these greats band at the same time... Ask me after having digested those there ;)

Happy listening

• All these bands are based on what you have too...
    DISILLUSION ! arcturus, green carnation, anathema, yargos (An excellent band with the amazing threshold singer) ambeon star one & stream of passion (these are the 3 others side projects from arjen lucassen, ayreon's frontman) and i'm agree with the 4 bands mentionned by Drlindgren...

And I can't advice you many others, but it would be too difficult to appreciate all these greats band at the same time... Ask me after having digested those there ;)

Happy listening

• Omster disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 30 2006, 9h17
    Most of what I'd recommend has been mentioned already here, but throwing a few more in...

Liquid Tension Experiment - Prog. Metal/Rock (with some Dream Theater members)
    Kamelot - Power Metal, go for the later albums if you try them
    Epica - Maybe borderline for actually being metal, but nice interesting songs rather than the run-of-the-mill stuff there seems to be a lot of

• Silky_89 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 30 2006, 12h43
    Hmmm...well, you've got Opeth there, so I take it you like harsh vocals. In that case, try some Skyfire. They're melodic death metal, with some power and prog influences. Really good riffs, great choruses and brilliant guitar-keyboard harmonies. Go for 'Mind Revolution' or 'Spectral' if you can, as they're relatively unknown. :)

'Well being I one, and wisdom, too...and grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word; from a deed to another deed...'
    'And he shall wield a nine-bladed sword! Nine! Not two, or five, or seven, but nine! And he shall wield it on all wretched sinners, just like you, sir, at the back...'~Prophet of Doom, Monty Python's Life of Brian
    • dckerley disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 30 2011, 17h14
    Check out Not Otherwise Specified. Judgment

Craig Kerley
    Not Otherwise Specified
    www.nosband.com
    info@nosband.com
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.