New albums recently

• New albums recently

Just bought Biffy Clyro's "Puzzle" - superb, and Nine-Inch Nails' "Year Zero", good and dark. How does Reznor keep churning out tunes so frequently on his own? The man's a song-writing machine!

High Judge Fishington Fishington III, Layer of the Law

Every reason's in a brand new start
    There's no soul left but you can take some heart
    • adgta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 15 2007, 12h10

Year Zero is pretty good

I'm quite hooked on the new Kings of Leon, love that swamp rock.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 16 2007, 12h13

Post-Download Album Spree

Well, I've just got Lamb Of God's "Sacrement", StoneSour's "Come What(ever) May" and Biffy Clyro's "Puzzle".

"Puzzle" falls short of the class of "Infinity Land". It softer and seems to be heading more towards Lost Prophets territory. 8 out of 10.

StoneSour live destroy StoneSour recorded. However, at points "Come What(ever) May" reaches a roaring crescendo. Ex-Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor can definetly wail. Think of a fucked-up Nickelback and throw in some hardcore screamo action. 8 out of 10.

Lamb of God are a beast. "Sacrement" is no "Ashes Of The Wake" but it'll still make your ears bleed. 7 out of 10 until I get another chance to hear it (once I've rediscovered my hearing).

• dolorosa disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 16 2007, 14h36
    Well, if we're talking metal, check out Harpies' new one, Lily Wry. It does a big poop on any other new metal album you might care to mention.

• adgta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 19 2007, 13h57

Bloody new metallers

YAGTAY

• Usuário
    • Jun 22 2007, 14h06

New Metal?

What exactly is that? Is it just metal that has been released recently. Please define.

• adgta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 25 2007, 20h36

Yep

Like Avril Lavine. She was on the front cover of Kerrang once innit, not in my name. (Don't really mind new metal, it's just obligatory at my age to harp on about Saxon and testament etc..., first band I ever saw was Venom back in '86 when men were men, moanmoanmoan)

• Usuário
    • Jun 26 2007, 12h50

Ah, you mean punk-pop

Avril Lavigne is not new metal, nor is she nu-metal.

Ad, I suggest you go and have a listen to some current metal bands - I'm NWOBHM just like you, Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead. But this stuff coming out of America is easily as good... seriously, go listen to Stone Sour and Machine Head, and also Lamb Of God and Unearth if you don't mind your ears singed.

• dolorosa disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 26 2007, 13h31
    Yeah, I was just refering to new albums by metal bands. Harpies are fronted by a lady but she out-metals any bloke I can think of.

• A load of toss

Can't be arsed with metal of any form... let alone whatever shite slipnot were.

ON a rather different front, Rufus Wainright's new album is bluddy grate. It does not, however, RAWK.

• Usuário
    • Jun 27 2007, 10h24

Slipknot, Sum41, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit

All suck. Agreed.
    Now that Slipknot have ditched the masks and disbanded it's amazing to find that they as individuals were incredibly talented - why did they produce such wank then?

And Minton... you'd better get used to metal, it's gonna be everywhere soon.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.