New venue to be built as part of the Northbridge link

• Nickz0r disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 20 2009, 8h51

New venue to be built as part of the Northbridge link

I was speaking to a friend today who's an engineer for a firm that's involved in sinking the railway line between Perth and Northbridge. Apparently, one of the features is going to be an outdoor venue in Forest Chase, perhaps similar to the Becks Music Box setup over summer.

Wellington Street is going to become a closed-off mall just like Hay and Murray Streets, while Forest Chase will be revamped. The cafes will be gone and instead of stairs leading down to the Wellington it'll be a slope. I don't know exactly where the stage will be, but it's going to be a permanent fixture. In addition to that, the underground carpark (currently occupied by Myer) will be used as a storage and rehersal area for bands.

I reckon this is a fucking wicked idea and its about time this city started considering these sorts of projects.

• That sounds stellar. Any idea of the timeframe for all this?

• Nickz0r disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 23 2009, 9h00
    I wouldn't want to speculate. At the moment it sounds like the City is bringing ideas to the engineers and asking "Can we do this? How much will it cost? Is it sustainable?". The stage idea is set, but they probably wouldn't start work until other ideas are finalised. I'll see what more I can find out but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.