Proxy support

• Proxy support

Hey very interested in trying out your API, however my Uni server requires a proxy to connect to external URLs. Would be awesome if your API took this into account!

I'm trying to fudge something together from some of the fsockopen examples.

Regards,

Mike.

• I'll look into it however I'm not sure how I could test it. Send me over a personal message if you're interested in testing it for me, or contributing anything you make yourself. If you're fudging works I can patch it into the main release for you (with full credit of course :D).

ONGOING PROJECT! PHP Last.FM API (Download or SVN)
    Online Last.FM Player (Updated version is SVN only currently)
  • certainly!

If I get it working my uni user page will explode with stuff, didn't realise how difficult a proxy makes things.

of course I'll simplify things by setting up my own server... someday. :)

• MusX disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 14 2009, 14h57
    got
    Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ws.audioscrobbler.com:80 (No route to host) in /home/x/x/x/public_html/last.fm/class/socket.php on line 50
    is it proxy problem? I remember when I was using curl I had to set proxy to make it work

• The no route to host bit seems to suggest so. You might have to go into the socket file and replace it with curl to get it working. I plan to eventually get it to support curl by default and fall back to fsockopen is curl isn't enabled.

Hopefully you can get something working. If you manage I might be able to integrate your code into the package. Any help would be great as I dont actually have a proxy I can test with (can I just set my pc to use a proxy that I find on the net, or is this not the same thing?).

Matt

ONGOING PROJECT! PHP Last.FM API (Download or SVN)
    Online Last.FM Player (Updated version is SVN only currently)
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.