• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 12 2010, 16h22
    Alainn said:

Update: Instead of the (huge) banners offer something like badges with the members current rank/numbers of rounds survived. Most users (including me) love these things to show off and are more likely to attract similar minded new members.

I like this idea. Does anyone have the ability and time to create them?

• Alainn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 12 2010, 16h54
    It would be probably easiest to use something automated to generate these. that way you could also push information about rounds starting etc. That means a CMS and for that I'd say use something like Drupal.org (Open Source) to manage all the members and as a way to keep track of ex-members. I'll check to see if they have specific modules to implement this.

Update: Strike that. A quicker way is probably to use something like Yahoo Pipes so there wouldn't be a need for a separate server.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • Alainn said:
    tarntyke said:
    To try and keep new members, what about giving them immunity for 3 rounds? It doesn't cause the problems that immune champions-in-waiting do. The current champion could let them know that they would have been kicked in normal circumstances if they play a known artist.

As a new member I'd recommend against that since it makes me disconnected from all the other members (kind of like "on probation"). I knew when I joined that there would be some hardcore unbeatable members and played with that in mind and haven't been kicked that much.

What I did like very much is the pre season friendly in the OMG. It gives me the opportunity to see what it's like to be leader (taster of the possible power) and a further insight to the group members. As a result I feel more connected to the group and am more likely to rejoin or contribute.

Update: Instead of the (huge) banners offer something like badges with the members current rank/numbers of rounds survived. Most users (including me) love these things to show off and are more likely to attract similar minded new members.

Update2 (my evil marketer alter ego is awake):
    Overview-page - Although NAP has this fairly sorted, groups like OMG and MKC have either to little or too much information at the start of the overview-page. This makes new visitors less likely to join since you loose them at the first step in you conversion path. Move everything that's not related to joining below the fold and provide short (listed) information what the group is all about. Delete/move all information that could be labeled under History and make a separate page for that.

Post-joining follow-up: After someone's been a member for a week or so, give them a shout if they would like to fill in a questionnaire about how they like the group so far. Is it to hard, did they expect more or less kicks, anything that would make them likely to leave etc.
    After completion, read it and respond with info they might need. If they make suggestions (although not this one obviously) make it into a new discussion/article-item. This way the new member has the feeling he contributes to the group, had personal contact and therefore is special (oldest sales trick in the book). You've got more content and hopefully more activity between group members.

What also pisses me off is that the groups have different banners for each connecting group. Like my generation tree (which i wanted all leaders to use) in Music Elite, it gives the newbie something else to look for if the game he has stubbled upon is not quite for him or her.

It also gives them a future aim and makes them understand its a series of games made by and played by passionate people. Good for new music, socialites and activity. I am never bored now as i have this game and new music to follow. Thanks to the followers.

TheArtistBox

• Alainn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 13 2010, 12h00
    TheArtistBox said:

It also gives them a future aim and makes them understand its a series of games made by and played by passionate people. Good for new music, socialites and activity. I am never bored now as i have this game and new music to follow. Thanks to the followers.

You could use the connected artist as a "free zone": new members can have a taste of the type of artists you'd have to listen to in order to not getting kicked. With every round the list gets updated with new artists.
    The problem with the current situation is that I have no intent of listening to any of these artists because I know the leaders will drop down on me like a ton of bricks. It feels more like a blacklist than an invitation.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Usuário
    • Jul 13 2010, 16h22
    The connected artists are chosen by whoever becomes champion and so reflects the taste of most members rather than the leaders/co-leaders. In OMG the artist connected is the one being played by the longest serving member at the time of the round.

• Kicking rule 4 - 4. You are playing the same artist as another member.

When two or members are listening to the same artist during your round, they both can be kicked. Remember this also has to be their last played artist or the artist they are currently listening to.
    I believe this rule should be scrapped, as it discourages people from checking out music other people are listening to.

• Alainn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 8 2010, 20h31
    Seconded

• Usuário
    • Ago 8 2010, 22h13
    Agreed

I haven't seen any player abuse this rule for tactical purposes since I have been in these games, so it should be scrapped.

• Egg21 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 9 2010, 8h13
    Agreed.

If you want to find new bands then try joining under 2000 listeners
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.