What would you like to see added to Mobbler?

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 29 2008, 17h19
    dunno if someone said it before, but it would be really nice if through mobbler you can scrobble also offline and then upload your data via-synchronization with a personal computer

• Jalokim5 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 3 2009, 11h26
    Actually it can be done without Mobbler. This is a matter for Nokia and it can be done. As I mentioned in a shout not too long ago, Nokia has a Network Bridge which allows you to connect your phone via data cable and send the info via the net on your PC.
    check out the details here:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/99ffe0f8-34d3-46c2-a069-ba83b9dfdce3/Nokia_Network_Bridge.html

^^this thread only lists a couple phone models , but a whole load of devices work via the bridge, its worth a try. I used to use this with my e61 ... that was before I got a router

• Usuário
    • Jan 6 2009, 10h06
    Thank you Jalokim!!!

This is exactly what I need! Hope that will work with N82... I'm going to test it this afternoon ;)

edit: it doesn't work on Win VISTA... I'm going to test it on an XP pc...

• hvk disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jan 7 2009, 10h59
    Nokia Network Bridge sounds great, but I couldn't get it to work with N95 8GB on XP.

• Jalokim5 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 7 2009, 14h03
    Well the network bridge was really meant for smartphones with limited wifi connection or the lack of a wifi receiver.

But don't be down... you can try gnubox
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/GnuBox-40640.shtml

It is an application that sends internet connection via bluetooth or cable to your mobile.
    http://www.imserba.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-92155.html
    ^^ you will need this tutorial on how to install and configure your gnubox. An important factor is to have a bluetooth dongle for your PC... or a built in bluetooth module like laptops have.

Hope this helps you. The gnubox was very popular with the Nokia n-gage and n-gage QD ... especially when playing tournaments... :D

• Better battery consumption would be nice. Mobbler absolutely kills my battery while using the streaming radio.

There's something wrong with this picture.
  • It is not possible for Mobbler to autostart becuase of security reasons

why not include an unsigned version besides selfsigned one in new releases which has autostart function for people capable of signing it by Symbian Signed - Open Signed Online or with a developer certificate just like I have?

So far, zero people have used the buy button to buy something, so perhaps that button will be changed to do something more useful in future

I think "add to playlist " functionality would be better than "buy " which I'll never ever use..

• Voyeur76 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 8 2009, 21h32
    Add to playlist doesn’t seem essential as long as only subscribers can actually listen to them. Many of you who ask for this are not subscribers so I don’t know if you even are aware of this.

Group radio would be nice, otherwise a little bit more stability would also be appreciated. After the latest update my Nokia has been rebooting an awful lot of times (more than once a day is a lot in my world) just as Mobbler skips to the next track. Also, when it reboots that last scrobble is lost even though the track played in full or half a second from full length. Perhaps scrobbles could be automatically added to the cache or whatever it’s called once the scrobblemark has been passed just in case the phone should crash or the batteries run out just when the track had finished or two seconds before it would have. Or would that perhaps possibly cause potential slight problems such as instability and the sound vanishing for an instant due to the resources required to transfer the srobble or something?

Otherwise I’m loving this deliciously wonderful little program more and more for each passing day, and the last few (two that is) updates made it work even better for me (except for the continous crashes after the last one, off course).

• Voyeur76:

Who said I cared my playlist to be listened in full lenght? Even though I am not a subscriber, this situation has it's own benefit for me: Shorter play time.

What do I mean? If adding tracks to playlists was easier for me on Mobbler (as easy as to love or ban them), I'd use my playlist to give a brief idea of my musical taste to people, like saying if you like this, then tune in to my station for longer & better delight to them.

I also think using playlists is more efficient since it is firstly noticed in a profile, and unlike personal station it doesn't require desktop application to be listened. hope you got the idea..

By the way, that was just a suggestion, better than sitting and waiting for what will be added/changed in next release (^^,)

I noticed while I'm listening to music on inbuilt music player and Mobbler GUI is active, when I press enter button Mobbler tries to connect to Last.fm and when I press right button nothing happens. Wouldn't it be more convenient if these buttons controlled the inbuilt application when it is playing, instead of being dedicated to online Last.fm functions?

In fact, any of Last.fm radio related functions do not work correctly while inbuilt application is playing, after trying to play a couple of songs unsuccessfully, Mobbler may exit/crash. I guess it'd be better if Mobbler tracked the inbuilt application and functionality of Mobbler was adjusted dynamically due to inbuilt application's state.

For ex. if a user tries to open a station while inbuilt application is running, Mobbler could stop it and then try to play the station. If stopping is not possible by Mobbler (I don't know if API permits this), Mobbler could warn the user about inbuilt application and do not even try to play the station..

EDIT: I submitted an issue about this here

• ynadp disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 11 2009, 8h36
    How about change languange? So far we just pick language if we want to install Mobbler in the first time and can't change it again after installed.

• joe01 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 15 2009, 20h51
    I think a sleep timer would be a great idea! Also aa additional fullscreen album cover with artist and title information woul be nice and finally I would suggest a favourite list to change stations faster. Anyway it is the best S60 application already!

• A history of the stations i've listened to would be great.

What bothers me a bit is, when the screen backlight is off and i hit any key only to reactivate it the application executes the operation assigned to this key. If it's possible it would be great to implement something to avoid this.

Instead of the 'Buy Button' i would like to see a 'Share Button' where you can send an email or sms or something. Even better would be a 'Tweet this' Button, where you can send a pre-formatted message with Artist and Track to Twitter.

Thanks for this great application. Cheers!

• Low Fi feature - please

Please make possible so we can really play music on mobiles not only through Wi Fi connection, but also 3G, I think 32kbps would be just fine. Current transmission rate uses 1 MB per minute.

• Patchoro disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 27 2009, 22h28

sound output

on my N78 I can play music and transmit it as radio to on my car-radio, so I can use the speakers in my car, which is just awesome when driving . Unfortunately Mobbler won't do that trick.

An icon when active would also be nice.

• Cover from mp3-File

It would be nice to see the cover not only while streaming but also while playing tracks with a cover...

• zeb said:
    I'd really like to see Mobbler display its status on the active standby screen like the built-in player does

Seconded... still a great app already though, if it weren't for Mobbler I would've been forced into buying an iPhone ;)

• Voyeur76 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 24 2009, 17h34
    Would it be possible to have tracks cached once the scrobblemark is passed? I have lost innumerable scrobbles as the phone has crashed and restarted or the batteries have run out, often just a few seconds before or even just as the track ends. I could almost swear my mobile knows when it would be most inconvenient for it to crash. This also means I sometimes do not get to know which track was playing when something interesting popped up on a station. Oh, and if we could open artist and/or track pages in Opera Mini at the push of a button or two or three that would be nice too.

• Usuário
    • Fev 25 2009, 23h34

More volume steps

This is very small, but adding more volume increments? Maybe 5% instead of 10%. I have a Nokia 5800 with loud speakers, so even the 10% volume is too loud sometimes at night.

I just started up with last.fm yesterday, just so that I could use mobbler on my 5800. Thanks for the great program!

• emx27 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 1 2009, 14h47
    mobbler is great!
    would it be possible to let it be also a local media player?
    Or maybe open it automatically when I use the in-built player?

thanks for your work!

• Usuário
    • Mar 2 2009, 17h03

Album TAG

Yeah, the association also of the album tag would be awesome when exporting the queue to a log file.

• Voyeur76 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 3 2009, 2h44
    Yep, correctly associated albums would be supernice. But is that part of the tagging even delivered by the musicplayer?

• Usuário
    • Mar 3 2009, 7h42
    Voyeur76 ha detto:
    Yep, correctly associated albums would be supernice. But is that part of the tagging even delivered by the musicplayer?

It seems that when you're listening to last.fm in streaming is ok. Is when you play your own mp3s that suffers of the lack of album tag.

• Voyeur76 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 3 2009, 20h40
    madcap44 said:
    Voyeur76 ha detto:

It seems that when you're listening to last.fm in streaming is ok. Is when you play your own mp3s that suffers of the lack of album tag.

Yeah, so I've noticed. I was wondering of this is because the musicplayer doesn't send out that part of the tagging (I've notice neither that nor tracknumber pops up in the display when it plays stored musicfiles) or because Mobbler so far hasn't read them. It would be impossible to implement it if there's nowhere for Mobbler to find that information for my musicfiles.

• hvk disse...
    • Assinante
    • Mar 4 2009, 11h13
    How about change languange?

Coming in the next release.

Sleep timer:

Coming in the next release.

Low Fi feature:

Sorry, Mobbler doesn't decide the bitrate of the files, it just plays the files Last.fm sends. Your best bet is increasing the buffer size to the maximum 15 seconds.

Cover from mp3-File:

Lots of this sort of stuff coming in the next release.

Would it be possible to have tracks cached once the scrobblemark is passed?

The Last.fm rules say not to send the scrobble until the track has finished, but your suggestion might be possible.

More volume steps:

I think most S60 phones only allows ten volume steps.

Album tag:

The music player doesn't send the album or track number, but we've figured out a way to fetch them for most tracks. It'll be in the next release.

Thanks!

• digitald23783 sagte:
    What bothers me a bit is, when the screen backlight is off and i hit any key only to reactivate it the application executes the operation assigned to this key. If it's possible it would be great to implement something to avoid this.

It seems on FP2 Devices it is already implemented. My new N85 needs one keystroke to reactivate the backlight.

As said already. Autostart with s60 player and the active standby implementation would be great,

Cheers!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.