Introduce yourself: first MDM experiences

• Well, only newer Hypocrisy, In Flames, maybe Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy and At the Gates are really accounted as MDM. Not the rest, although they are lingering in the death area.

• First melodeath band? Well, it was so long ago, that I don't remember :) SuidAkra maybe or Arch Enemy..

• Hmm... My First Melodeath Band That I Heard... I't Was In Flames or Scar Symmetry, I Don't Remember Anymore

• Listening to Black/Death for several years now -- but I guess the first contact with Melodic Death I had was Kalmah's 'They will return'.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 25 2008, 11h26
    That's CoB.

• ziedm disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 30 2008, 17h04
    Dark tranquility, especially the album "projector"; great voice ability to change from growl to clean.

• ciao a tutti mi chiamo Andrea e adoro il death melodico, in particolare gruppi come: At the Gates, Gates of Ishtar, The Duskfall, Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom e Carcass

IronMaggio
  • I said it once and I say it now: THIS IS AN ENGLISH FORUM USE ENGLISH WHEN YOU TYPE OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you so seriously lack English skills pick another forum that is hosted in your mothertongue! People don't know a fuck of what you are saying! Be happy I am smart enough to figure out you are Italian and I also know Italians fail with the English language. Doesn't mean that you should disrespect the majority of the members writing in your monthertongue!

• Dewen disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 7 2008, 18h35
    Hm, good question.
    The first bands I listened to in this genre were: In Flames, (Children Of Bodom,) The Duskfall, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, Suidakra and Carcass.

What the fuck?!
  • LeaTelamon ha detto:
    I said it once and I say it now: THIS IS AN ENGLISH FORUM USE ENGLISH WHEN YOU TYPE OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you so seriously lack English skills pick another forum that is hosted in your mothertongue! People don't know a fuck of what you are saying! Be happy I am smart enough to figure out you are Italian and I also know Italians fail with the English language. Doesn't mean that you should disrespect the majority of the members writing in your monthertongue!

use google's traductor!

IronMaggio
  • Amon Amarth ofc. Loved them from the very start.

• I found out about Kalmah... and what a great track to start with 'Hades'.
    From then on, my undying love for MDM never fails to disappear.

Oh, the sleeping dwarf.
    • Usuário
    • Nov 24 2008, 5h33
    Children of Bodom - Children of Bodom. Sparked my entire interest in MDM, and it never stopped growing. :D

• CoB of coz=) Dont remembr album..=)

• Usuário
    • Dez 7 2008, 19h26
    It was new In Flames, new Soilwork, Sonic Syndicate and Old CoB :D
    Then, i started to listen to In Flames` Clayman and Colony, old Dark Tranquillity and
    old Soilwork :)

• Usuário
    • Dez 8 2008, 4h42
    Everything has started with COB

• jnf630 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 8 2008, 23h38
    Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper. This album got me addicted to the genre. I only recently started to get into deeper melodeath bands like Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, At The Gates, Mors Principium Est, Ensiferum, Omnium Gatherum, etc. I've realized that these are the roots to the genre and they're my favorite.

• Barrino disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 12 2009, 18h34
    It was CoB, In Flames and now im in love with Arch Enemy

• Usuário
    • Jan 14 2009, 21h52
    StormOmen said:
    Everything has started with COB

• Usuário
    • Jan 15 2009, 9h51
    Three years ago, I didnt at all listen music, then I heard some hard rock music and I taught it was metal xD Soon I did a little research and found power metal. Before 1year power metal became too "soft" for me and then I did a research again and found Eternal Tears Of Sorrow.

• Nemo- disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 20 2009, 23h50
    Heard a friend listening to Dark Tranq - Damage Done, but havent payed much attention to that kind of music. Some time passed before i tried it out the and paid a more detailed insight to Dark Tranquillity's - Monochromatic Stains and Wonders at Your Feet... liked these caz they sound aaaaaggrr so heavy >:) comparing to Korn Slipknot or whatever I was listening to 5 years ago! So, that how it was ;)

::Smile...tomorrow will be worse::
  • I am Giltia Zero, King of Zeroes! I like meat, heavy metal, cutting down trees, and wrestling bears. I AM SO MANLY THAT I DYED MY BEARD PLAID!

Shitty story time now. Skip to the end for abbreviated non-shitty version.

During my very early years, I remember liking classical music and Elvis Presley. Then I ended up listening to a lot of country, because that's what my mom listened too, and I was too young to care.

Then a lot of nothing. No music at all. I owned a CD player, but no CD's.

This continued till about five or six years ago when a friend introduced me to my first melodeath. In Flames - Clayman. At first, I didn't understand what the fuck they were singing about, and it was too harsh for me to really enjoy. So I went on for another year or so without music.

Same friend again played Dragonforce - Fury of the Storm. I quite enjoyed it.

So I downloaded Limewire to my computer and SET SAIL ON THE HIGH TUBES! Do what you want cuz a pirate is free!

Downloaded some Dragonforce, discovered heavy metal and music again. I wanted more, and remembered Clayman. After a few hours of trying to remember the name of the song, I found it. Much better reaction to it this time.

Spent a few years with only a few different bands at the time, and then I stopped listening to music again after getting bored.

Only just recently started listening to music again. Joined Last.fm, discovered a whole slew of delicious bands to rock my ears off with. Kalmah, Manowar, Wintersun, Sabaton...

Dragonforce ended up influencing my tastes much more than In Flames did though. My preference leans further towards power metal. But who says I can't enjoy both genres?

Clayman is a still a sure contender for my favorite song.

TL;DR: In Flames - Clayman was my first contact with melodeath, and is very likely the reason I became a metalhead.

Fire all of your guns at once, and explode into space!

My name is Legion, for we are metal, and we are true. Rock on my brothers and sisters of steel.

Join the Revolution.
  • I love Metal with all my heart. However, I hate Thrash. So Melodeath was a perfect way for me to listen to really brutal music that's not too thrashy.

The first Melodeath song I heard was "Dead Bury Their Dead" by Arch Enemy, and I just loved the heavy opening riff.

I've been MDM ever since!

• I like "Aurelius" and i'll recomend it to you
    Here you can listen to it:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=15287295

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.