Matt Uelmen - the creator of Diablo II Soundtrack

• riven213 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 29 2006, 17h54

Matt Uelmen - the creator of Diablo II Soundtrack

Who else thinks that the soundtrack of Diablo II is one of the most haunting, ethereal and out-of-this-world pieces of music ever made? I would consider Matt a genius even if "Wilderness" would be his only creation.

Can you recommend me some tracks which are alike? I've heard a few, but none matched its atmosphere.

kto ma Borderlands - dodawac mnie na steamie (nick: satanatix) i napierdalamy dla diabła
  • What about

How about the shouldtracks to WOW, Wc3?

• riven213 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 2 2006, 11h46
    I havent listened to the WOW soundtrack, is it as good? I liked WC3 soundtrack , but it's definitely worse.

I love music from Starcraft - especially the terran themes. Is it composed by Uelmen as well? The only blizzard soundtrack I have tagged as his is that from D2.

kto ma Borderlands - dodawac mnie na steamie (nick: satanatix) i napierdalamy dla diabła
    • Goblim disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 2 2006, 12h44
    I agree, the Diablo soundtracks are really awesome. I've also been trying to find similar music, but so far I've not really suceeded - Matt Uelmens style is really unique. Please tell me what tracks you've heard that were alike? :)

The closest in similarity I've found is some neofolk music - artists like Desiderii Marginis, Forest Silence, Mortiis, Raison d'Etre, Sephiroth/Ulf Söderberg etc. have a somewhat similar atmosphere/general feeling in some tracks imo, even though they are still different in style.

About the Warcraft soundtracks, I myself they are pretty good, especially WoW has some wonderful music in it. Still they're also quite different from Matt Uelmen's music.

NP: Matt Uelmen - Spider :)

Thunder
    Editado por Goblim em Abr 5 2008, 11h01
    • riven213 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 2 2006, 16h49
    Yes, the main problem is I found music with atmosphere somewhat similar to that of Diablo, but not as rich in arragements and quality of playing. Uelmen utilizes a very vast spectrum of different instruments, even in a single song alone. Like I said, "Wilderness" is definitely his best. The incredibly desolate, dark and ethereal atmosphere simply overwhelms me everytime I listen to it. The guitar work is also remarkable - it has simple, yet powerful acoustic riffs, especially at the end.

Should I find something like that, I will post it here. Do the same ;P

• Gaze51 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 13 2008, 16h40
    Imo Tristram is a masterpiece :)

I see you.
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 3 2008, 19h59
    I also tried to find similar music, but couldn't find something like that - his music is unique.

• Azteroth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 28 2009, 5h17
    The music from Gears Of War kicks ass is composed by Steve Jablonsky, Steve Jablonsky and Matt Uelmen rocks. I like both music even i have both games music together

• I read somewhere that the Finnish bands Tenhi and Nest come quite close to this... I still have to listen them myself so I can't really recommend them right now but it might be worth the try.

• Speaking of Tenhi and Nest, you shouldn't skip Ulver -> Try Perdition City for example - it really is a masterpiece !

yeah, whatever
    • Goblim disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 30 2009, 7h32
    Perdition City is good, but nowhere near similar to Matt Uelmen!

Thunder
  • There's not as much layering, but tracks from opeth like Credence and Madrigal have a very similar feel. There's also the instrumental sections of Opeth's Harvest, The Drapery Falls

if you don't mind vocals and growls the albums My Arms Your Hearse, Blackwater Park and Still Life have some really good acoustic instrumentals that remind me of Uelmen a bit

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.