Xbox Live Silver users: Limited to 3 hours total listening

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 23 2009, 17h40

Xbox Live Silver users: Limited to 3 hours total listening

In a July interview with Joystiq, Microsoft suggested that Xbox Live Silver users will only be able to listen to the radio for 3 hours a month:

Will the service be available to all users or will you need a Gold account to access Last.fm?

The Silver users will be able to access what we are considering a trial of 3 hours a month of the Last.fm service, which comes with video advertising. The Gold users will have unlimited, ad-supported Last.fm access. So they can use it 24 hours a day if they like. Then there will also be a premium offering, which will be on a subscription basis from Last.fm that will be commercial free and also have more sophisticated features. Things like Loved Tracks will be part of that offering as well.
    Can you confirm if this limitation for Silver users is true? I only ask because it's not mentioned in the FAQ.

[edited topic title to reflect the actual amount of time that Silver users get]

Editado por um usuário excluído em Nov 18 2009, 19h49
    • J1mmyG88 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 22h47
    as far as i know it actually isnt available for silver members, exclusive to gold members is what it says on the icon in the preview program

• kingv84 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 23h54
    Xbox Live Gold shouldn't even exist. They place ads everywhere on a "Paid" service. Last.FM should be for everybody on Xbox.

• kingv84 said:
    Xbox Live Gold shouldn't even exist. They place ads everywhere on a "Paid" service. Last.FM should be for everybody on Xbox.

Not so, my cable, sat radio, and a few other paid services I have still have AD's.
    The Sony PS3 Q.O.R.E magazine,which I pay 20 bucks a year for, has ADs in it.
    If you buy a magazine from the store, you pay for that and it still has ADs. There are video games that are released that we all pay 70 bucks for that have AD's.

Please explain more, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to understand your logic regarding the matter.

• spawnkiller420 said:
    kingv84 said:

Not so, my cable, sat radio, and a few other paid services I have still have AD's.
    The Sony PS3 Q.O.R.E magazine,which I pay 20 bucks a year for, has ADs in it.
    If you buy a magazine from the store, you pay for that and it still has ADs. There are video games that are released that we all pay 70 bucks for that have AD's.

Please explain more, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to understand your logic regarding the matter.

Ads belong on free content, I think its silly to pay for a service that is already funded by ads/sponsors.

• opssek disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 29 2009, 2h14
    Silver users get 3 hours TOTAL, not per month. Sorry... :(

--Mike
    last.fm team
    Microsoft

• The internet changed how advertising works. it became extremely cheap to produce and display advertising and this is the very reason advertising no longer supports the media we enjoy. Newspapers, magazines, television, radio-all have succumbed to the internets hold on advertising sales and support.

We either, grin and bear it, or someone needs to set a new standard, of how we access our media.

Surveys have shown, that those in the age range of 20 and 30 somethings, define advertising as, relevant entertainment. This is a statistic that should be elaborated on and improved. Most advertisements are behind the trend and boast boring and un-imaginative content. Instead of attempting to distract us with pop-ups and pop-outs, that only annoy the end user, advertisers should use their skill to make us want to see more.

• krswope disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 18 2009, 19h43
    Why even have XBOX LIVE w/ out a Gold Subscription? They should just get rid of the other subscription types and just have the one fee for XBOX LIVE IMO.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 18 2009, 19h48
    Actually I'm not going to renew my Gold subscription when it's due. I'm probably just getting old, but I've got no real use for downloading demos, and multiplayer gaming against obnoxious kids doesn't really do it for me any more.

Friends list integration is about all I care about really.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.