can't connect to last.fm

 
  • I get the error when load log in to last.fm but i can press Ok and still look around but nothing works.. Hope this is helping you a bit.

  • Seems to be working for me now as of 7.30pm (GMT)

    Whatever you've done. Well done! :D

  • 1. I was listening to "Jay-Z Radio" and, after a while, began quickly cycling through to see what other artists would play.

    2. After doing this dozens of times, a pop-up appeared with the error message, "Can't contact Last.fm. Check your network, or try again later. If the problem persists visit www.last.fm/xbox on your computer." This was at approximately 11:00pm EST.

    3. Since then, the same error message appears every time I start the app, including just a few minutes ago (9:00am EST) Edit: It does load the app itself, but Recommended Stations, my Library stations, and any stations I've created do not appear. Attempting to search for an artist or tag resulted in the aforementioned error message.

    I've tried disabling scrobbling, then signing out and back in again, but haven't had any luck with either of those. I hope that helps!

  • stkpulse212 said:
    1. I was listening to "Jay-Z Radio" and, after a while, began quickly cycling through to see what other artists would play.

    2. After doing this dozens of times, a pop-up appeared with the error message, "Can't contact Last.fm. Check your network, or try again later. If the problem persists visit www.last.fm/xbox on your computer." This was at approximately 11:00pm EST.

    3. Since then, the same error message appears every time I start the app, including just a few minutes ago (9:00am EST) Edit: It does load the app itself, but Recommended Stations, my Library stations, and any stations I've created do not appear. Attempting to search for an artist or tag resulted in the aforementioned error message.

    I've tried disabling scrobbling, then signing out and back in again, but haven't had any luck with either of those. I hope that helps!


    This Is Happening To Me Also :(

  • Thanks for more information, it really does help.

    One more question for everyone with problems: Before you started having problems, were you skipping a lot? By a lot i mean dozens of times.

    Odd question, but it will help rule out some causes.

    David

  • I skipped a few songs then listened to about half of one then skipped that aswell then the problem started.


    Was ok when i skipped a few last night but when i skipped a few earlyer it stopped working.

    Last night i didnt skip often but there was a few songs i was not keen on. It stopped working when i skipped a few songs quite quickly.

  • mattyboosh said:
    Seems to be working for me now as of 7.30pm (GMT)

    Whatever you've done. Well done! :D

    Really? Cause it's now 10pm (GMT), And I Can't Even Sign In To it.
    Come On!

    • Devilkas disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 22h01
    I skipped a bunch of times and it stopped connecting.

  • I stopped trying for a bit and just tryed again and still not working. I clicked "Create a FREE last.fm account " just to see if that will connect to last.fm and still nothing. same error as befor. It stopped working at around about 4pm UK time.

    • markdigi disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 22h29
    CreasedVermin said:
    mattyboosh said:
    Seems to be working for me now as of 7.30pm (GMT)

    Whatever you've done. Well done! :D

    Really? Cause it's now 10pm (GMT), And I Can't Even Sign In To it.
    Come On!


    Im on now at 11:30pm GMT and still getting that session error like before, mattyboosh have you maybe done anything that could have fixed it?

    • Devilkas disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2009, 22h29
    I found a solution (or coincidence). I cleared my system cache and went to the app. Bingo, it connected.

  • Devilkas said:
    I found a solution (or coincidence). I cleared my system cache and went to the app. Bingo, it connected.


    Thanks for the info. I'll try this as soon as I get home (and remember the button combo for clearing the cache)

  • Okay, clearing the system cache worked for me, too. Everyone who is still having this problem, try going to System Settings, Memory, highlight your Hard Drive, press Y, and clear your system cache.

  • Thanks for that worked for me to it freed up some room as well. For anyone who does not no how to delete "System Cache" hear is how, its quite easy.

    When on Xbox Dashboard go to,

    My Xbox
    System Settings
    Memory
    Press Y on the hard drive
    then
    Clear System Cache.

    Hope this works for everyone else.

    Thanks Devilkas.

    • markdigi disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 25 2009, 2h04
    MasterGonky said:
    Thanks for that worked for me to it freed up some room as well. For anyone who does not no how to delete "System Cache" hear is how, its quite easy.

    When on Xbox Dashboard go to,

    My Xbox
    System Settings
    Memory
    Press Y on the hard drive
    then
    Clear System Cache.

    Hope this works for everyone else.

    Thanks Devilkas.


    Tried it, hasnt worked for me, so close to a fix, hope others find it works.

  • Are you still getting the same error message?

  • clearing the cache also worked for me too soo.. thanks boys ;)

  • Devilkas said:
    I found a solution (or coincidence). I cleared my system cache and went to the app. Bingo, it connected.

    Wow, good work, thanks for finding this!

    Sounds like this is a quick fix for most people. It also will help us track down the problem, seriously, thanks very much :)

    --

    We'll continue looking in to the cause of the issue and fixing that. Thanks for your patience everyone.

    David

  • yea worked for me aswell just clear cache now it fine thx

  • It happened again and got the error so i clearedSystem Cache again and it works again. Some people clear System Cache and it still does not work. Ill find out more info or get them to come hear and tell you

  • I'm glad the fix seems to be working for most people.

    We'll be back in the office tomorrow and will try to replicate this on our test Xbox, hopefully that will give us some answers. The general consensus seems to be that this is triggered during heavy skipping, that's somewhere to start at least :)

    David

  • Ok thats great. :) the second time it happened i didnt skip much. Good luck with finding a cure for this.

  • Same issue

    Was happy listening away to last.fm on xbox 360 lastnight when around 11pm it just stopped working. Now getting the same error message as everyone else seems to be... "can't connect t server". Tried again this morning and still same issue.

  • Clearing cache worked for me

    Update to my earlier post. Just cleared the cache on the Xbox and Last.fm s working again... somewhere to look guys

  • hi, I cleaned the cache and did the network test but still does not work...

    i have the problem:
    "session isn´t valid. please log in to last.fm again."

    please help!!!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.