no recommendations

• SatyBoY disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 2 2011, 21h36

Error Code 8

Connected on work UK VPN - worked, Recommendations work.

As I can see this and other countries are not supported by Last.fm, so no development issue or bug, only agreements with countries.

For me issue solved.

• Sheugel disse...
    • Assinante
    • Dez 3 2011, 7h18

Re: Error Code 8

SatyBoY said:
    other countries are not supported by Last.fm

Hi, I wonder where you got that.
    As a legally paying subscriber from Belgium, I don't see anywhere why I would be limited...
    Last.fm Wiki

• Does not work here.

Spotify Premium
    Language: English

Editado por alex_reusch em Dez 3 2011, 9h34
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 3 2011, 9h33
    Doesn't work here either

Spotify Premium
    English language

• Marre disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 3 2011, 12h26
    I have no recommendations, no recent or loved tracks, and album art does not show in the Albums overview.

Belgium, Spotify Premium, English.

Could we have an official statement on the availability of the Last.fm Spotify app?

• Nixdorux disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 4 2011, 4h49
    Spotify Premium
    Language: French

• Over 2,222 scrobbles and no recommendations available...

Spotify lang: English
    Spotify Premium

• epic2012 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 5 2011, 4h16

Nope

No luck here,

Spotify lang: English UK (account registered and paid for in the UK)
    Spotify Premium

50,000 scrobbles...

Fish live in the sea... not hedges....
  • Same problem, error 8, no recommendations.

Installed it in England, there it worked. Moved to Belgium, not working on two machines.

Really, this was the BEST new feature, would love to see it working again in Belgium too :)

• When in Belgium

Used to work in the UK (even tweeted about the great feature! )

https://twitter.com/studiomuscle/status/142037121811750914

• Professional support & communication?

Dear last.fm and spotify friends,

It is obvious that there is a problem with the last.fm app integration in the spotify client. Do we ask too much, if you would show some more professionalim in supporting your paying customers by improving your communication to us?

What we expect:
    - Do you acknowledge that there is a problem?
    - Could you provide us with a regular status update?

What would help:
    - Are you still investigateing/analyzing? Or have you already identified the problem?
    - When do you expect to solve the problem?
    - How will the users be informed when a fix will be available?

Thanks for any feedback.

• Poor show

Not working for me in Australia with an English account

Spotify lang: English UK (account registered and paid for in the UK)
    Spotify Premium

25k Scrobbles, very disappointed with the lack of communication on this issue...

• Seems ok

Seems to be ok. Just logged on after not using it for a while

• Usuário
    • Dez 6 2011, 9h04
    you should just remove the app for now an re-release it when it really works. now it's far from beeing a "beta". not even alpha-state. disappointed

• mvuijlst disse...
    • Assinante
    • Dez 6 2011, 9h36

No dice

same issues as above.

Spotify language: EN
    Spotify Premium (Belgium)

Grr.

• We're still working on this problem, as mentioned here.

Please note this is beta software and as such you may experience some problems, but rest assured we are working on fixing this issue amongst others. :)

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• FofR disse...
    • Alumni
    • Dez 6 2011, 11h55
    It's probably worth highlighting what the problems are. There are two issues that could be causing you to see no recommendations:

1. If you are not in the country that your Spotify registration is in we are returning the incorrect data set. This is because we relied on Geo IP. We've made a fix to instead pass in your Spotify country so that it will always be accurate and return the correct data set. This fix is with Spotify and will be rolled out shortly.

2. If you are in a "non-core" Spotify market e.g. Germany or Italy, we haven't correctly incorporated the full Spotify permissions into our back-end systems. So certain regions are missing, which is why you aren't seeing recommendations. Work is ongoing to incorporate these and when that work is completed the app will begin working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to have these problems resolved by the end of the week.

When the app is fixed a new version will automatically be downloaded via Spotify, you wont have to reinstall anything.

• Alainn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 6 2011, 15h12
    The demo of the new app looks pretty exciting:

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Marre disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 6 2011, 19h48
    Alainn, I wouldn't call that 'the new app', Driver Seat was just something that was made for Hack Day. It's just a showcase of what is possible with the last.fm and spotify API.

• Alainn disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 6 2011, 23h01
    *goes away to cry silently in the corner*

*sniff*

I was hoping for something like Music Maze in combination with my Last.fm-profile:

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • Usuário
    • Dez 7 2011, 11h21
    FofR said:
    It's probably worth highlighting what the problems are. There are two issues that could be causing you to see no recommendations:

1. If you are not in the country that your Spotify registration is in we are returning the incorrect data set. This is because we relied on Geo IP. We've made a fix to instead pass in your Spotify country so that it will always be accurate and return the correct data set. This fix is with Spotify and will be rolled out shortly.

2. If you are in a "non-core" Spotify market e.g. Germany or Italy, we haven't correctly incorporated the full Spotify permissions into our back-end systems. So certain regions are missing, which is why you aren't seeing recommendations. Work is ongoing to incorporate these and when that work is completed the app will begin working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to have these problems resolved by the end of the week.

When the app is fixed a new version will automatically be downloaded via Spotify, you wont have to reinstall anything.

1.) I'm in the country of my Spotify-Registration (Austria)
    2.) I'm in a Spotify-Core-Market (Austria)

where is issue 3 which is:

it's only working in US and UK and we are unable to fix this for other official spotify-countries?

• We've just ingested a whole load of catalogue information for all other core Spotify countries:

These countries are:

UK, US, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, Spain, Germany, and the Netherlands.

We should be able to fix all other countries early next week, so if you're still seeing no recommendations please be patient, we're working on it! :)

Editado por Knapster01 em Dez 9 2011, 17h27
    • Marre disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 9 2011, 13h20
    I just downloaded the lastest Spotify preview version (0.8.0.815.g695aca78) and I still have no recommendations, artwork or recent tracks.

Also, _everytime_ I start Spotify and open the last.fm app I get the following message:
    "It looks like you've changed your Last.fm credentials (in Spotify's preferences) since you last used this app."

• Nixdorux disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 9 2011, 16h54
    Always the same problem on my side.

• Usuário
    • Dez 11 2011, 13h38
    Didn't know that germany is a core spotify country. since when is spotify available in germany?

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.