• Ideal Year of Birth?

The title says it all. Give a year, give a reason.

• First post...

1955. I wanna be old enough to be a teen growing up in the 70's, but not too old, so I picked '55 to be old enough to really experience The Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

• 1960 would be a good time to have been born

• 16 in '76? Yeah that would be pretty cool. I'd perhaps want to be a little older though. Maybe be born in '58/'59?

• gami27 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 5 2008, 16h18
    1950 so i could experience all the first class things that were going on in Australia, and be the perfect age for the mid to late 60's. Then be in my early 20's for the best part of the 70's. Thats the dream.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 5 2008, 16h54
    I have calculated that the perfect year of my birth would have been 1962. That way, I could have been 16 when my favorite album ever came out (The Cars' debut), I would have graduated in 1980—one of the best years for music, ever—and I would have been in college during the peak of post-punk. Then as the 80s progressed, hopefully I would still find plenty to enjoy in the American underground rock scene in my 20s.

Of course, that would make me 45 or 46 now, but if my uncle's about that old and still into good modern music, I could be as well. :)

• XFlag disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 5 2008, 19h48
    1972..perfect :D

• hmmm... if i lived somewhere where stuff was actually going on (say, the UK), i would say 1950-1955, because that would mean i get to witness the Beatles, maybe even go to one of their concerts... however, since i live in Croatia, 1970 would suffice, because i feel the "new wave" period was by far the greatest for our music (Azra, Haustor etc.)

not quite there...

• 1966. I'd be 20 when Slayer would come on the scene.

• 1954 would be a very good year. Well I would've been 54 years old today but that I should be young when all the fantastic bands was at their high point would be so amazing. Though I also wish I was born in the UK so I could be "closer" to the bands and see them live :)

• 1960. I'd have been about thirteen for Roxy Music's early days and could have seen Bowie, in my mid to late teens for punk, and then in my early twenties for post-punk. Perfect.

I'd happily give the sixties a miss if I could experience the seventies and the early eighties.

• 1946, london.
    in love with elvis in my childhood.
    beatles fan in my teens.
    wearing miniskirts and breathing coke in my twenties.
    and woodstock at the age of 23.

• I would have liked to be born in 1960 so that I would be around 17 to witness the emerging of post-punk in 1977. This would almost mean that I would get to see my favourite band of all time, Joy Division, playing one of their many incredible gigs in Manchester. :D

• Usuário
    • Jun 8 2008, 7h24
    1945ish
    I would have been a child and teenager around the 50s which was the perfect time for kids to grow up. And a adult during the 60s. I also would have worn the mod style of clothing sense its the greatest style I have ever come across with and worn my hair like Marianne Faithfull did.

But I think I would have been open minded about the different music styles such as folk and rock. My dad says that back then they never classified different genres of music because everyone listened to whatever they wanted to listen to.

• 1960-1963 and in England)To be young like now in the 80`s - the best period of goth music

• Around 1946-7 so I could actually be part of the musical explosion of the 60s-70s. Maybe I'd have been able to put together a band that made an impact (music just doesn't seem , maybe I'd have met some of my heroes (George Harrison, Keith Moon, Syd Barrett, etc.) before they died (went insane), and while they were still young.
    The music was better. The fashion better. The people were more interesting. Sigh. I wish.

• frisch_ disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 9 2008, 8h51
    1950 --> teen in the sixties, in the twenties in the seventies... perfect...

click click --> my friends don't like my music <-- click click

Teen during mid-90's. I'd be able to remember the great era and enjoy the awesome music.

• I'm guessing 1950... god, the beatlemania! the who! kinks! ahhhh :P then again, my real ideal year of birth would have been 1984, that was I would had seen the libertines live :( haha suuure, if I was from europe! :( lol

I was born in 1989... growing up in the 90's listening to the bsb in the first 8 tears of your life? not cool

• Usuário
    • Jun 10 2008, 1h59
    Around 1950, so I could have bought Jim Morrison a drink...

• Usuário
    • Jun 13 2008, 5h59
    1950 - I want to be at a college age during the early 70's and go to prog rock festivals. I'd give everything to have seen Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Hawkwind, and VDGG. But I also want to have been born in 1960 so I could be young during the heyday of the NWOBHM.

• rabidoveryou said:
    1960. I'd have been about thirteen for Roxy Music's early days and could have seen Bowie, in my mid to late teens for punk, and then in my early twenties for post-punk. Perfect.

I'd happily give the sixties a miss if I could experience the seventies and the early eighties.

Yesss! Not the Roxy Music part, though.

• shelivedinatree said:
    rabidoveryou said:
    1960. I'd have been about thirteen for Roxy Music's early days and could have seen Bowie, in my mid to late teens for punk, and then in my early twenties for post-punk. Perfect.

Oh, but how could you resist seeing a band that looked like this:

prancing around on stage? Ferry dancing terribly and Eno looking exotic and playing around with the synths. My idea of heaven.

• rabidoveryou said:
    shelivedinatree said:
    rabidoveryou said:

Oh, but how could you resist seeing a band that looked like this:

prancing around on stage? Ferry dancing terribly and Eno looking exotic and playing around with the synths. My idea of heaven.

I don't know! It's probably a disease..
    Or my traumatic experience.. Roxy Music on tv.. Mum singing along.. Brrrr.. Really creepy.
    And my mum's born in 1959 and my dad in 1960, they love making me jealous.

So I could see what my neighborhood was like back then and see how Beaverton has grown. Also, to be more relative to this group, I could be a part of all the awesome music trends!

I'd be old enough in the 80s to be current with the trends, and I could listen to 70s music, which wouldn't be too outdated. And during the 90s I'd be old enough to get a job in the growing economy and enjoy everything as a young adult! Yay...

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.