• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 28 2007, 19h55
    Writing emails isn't bad, either...But as you said yourself, letters are more heartful. (=

Welcome, Gandzia! Hope you'll enjoy your stay. (:

• pleskitt disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 13 2007, 7h12
    I write every day, letters quite often. Letters=great.. you just feel really great when you recieve them, so special and loved. Plus it's good to see ink. Real writing makes you feel connected to other human beings.

february. get ink, shed tears.
    write of it, sob your heart out, sing.
    while torrential slush that roars,
    burns in the blackness of the spring.
    • liebling disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 18 2007, 16h27
    I only have two penpals at the moment, too. And we don't really write all that regularly because we usually write 5 or more pages and it just takes all of us some time. It's still awesome though because we actually "talk". I hate those one page-5 lines letters that only contain casual BS you would also write on a quickly written picture postcard from a holiday in Spain...

In conclusion: I need more penpals like that =)

Schwarze-Segel.de - First German AFI Community. Come join us!

mybook?facespace?
  • Glad to see a group like this exists. Sometimes I feel like an odd ball. Yearly, I write letters to 20 people and never get an actual letter from them.

But I have been faithfully writing a lady I know for the past 7 years. She will be 80 years old. It has been great developing this relationship with her.

My other friends are just straight up trifling. Every one I know tells me to call them. I never do. They are so mad at me but I despise the phone. Sad thing is that I see the phone ringing and I only pick up if it is family.

He he.

• Usuário
    • Jun 14 2007, 9h48
    Hey 2Serenity, welcome! (=

2Serenity said:
    But I have been faithfully writing a lady I know for the past 7 years. She will be 80 years old. It has been great developing this relationship with her.

Wow, that is very impressive. o_o May I ask how you actually got to know her?

My other friends are just straight up trifling. Every one I know tells me to call them. I never do. They are so mad at me but I despise the phone. Sad thing is that I see the phone ringing and I only pick up if it is family.

He he.

Same goes for me, I understand you very well here.

• Letters reminds me past times. also writing letters is more meaningful than the others.

• @Summer Night Train..

--> I worked with the 80 year old lady when I was living in the midwest [Iowa, USA]. I helped her with some paper work that she needed to get done.

Unfortunately she does not have any family but I am glad she came to my school to get some help. Although she tested my nerves a lot by calling me at the school's office every morning straight for 2 years, it was because she was bored and lonely. Now, that I have have completed my program she may call me once a month.

Topics of our letters are pretty broad. But she has told me everything about herself. She is a sweet person. I just wish her family that is alive appreciated her. But, that is life.

And with the telephone, my younger years killed me staying on the phone all the time. Now, I just prefer writing a letter or an email.

I will talk to very few people but I do not have an hour to talk about nothing. Some people need to respect your time. That is why I prefer writing. You write and respond when you have time. That's easier!

• Usuário
    • Mar 1 2008, 11h48
    Hi :)

I like writing letters. It gives a much more personal touch rather than just opening an email. I like the feeling when I receive a package (from my dear penpal),the feeling of excitement,curiousity and happiness feels good I can't explain it xD And the letter is probably one of the best parts, it makes you feel closer even if their really far away. :')

• Usuário
    • Mar 6 2008, 20h49
    Yes, it's really that you feel closer to the person who wrote to you when you receive a letter. e-mails for me are only to exchange information quickly or something like this... it's not to stay in touch or a base for friendship, to me...

• I have a few really great penpals that I love to death. Getting a letter just makes my day. I feel so honored that someone out there spent time sharing their thoughts with me. And maybe I have internet amnesia but whenever someone emails me as soon as I hit the little red [x] it's like the conversation never happened; I forget almost everything! With letters I can just pull them out and re-read whenever I want.

• Hi. I really think getting a letter is nicer than getting an email. I really like when my friends are down, buying them a nice card and filling it with inspiring song lyrics. It's more personal, not to mention it's also marking down history and creating primary resources. I love stamps, too, because through stamps, you can see what a country as a whole values and could learn about their history. I don't write letters nearly as much as I used to, but I still love it. No one really consistently writes me back, except a friend in Holland, but it takes a long time, and we've had problems with letters getting lost in the mail, which is horrible when you've spent hours writing pages upon pages.

• I'm really surprised there is such a group on last.fm!

Over 300 members... I'm not sure if that's a lot but it's really nice that I'm not the only one letter-writing-freak in the world :)

So hello everyone!

• Usuário
    • Fev 17 2012, 15h17
    Hello topic that needs to be refreshed... I'm not writing as many letters as I used to - actually, I'm writing only to my old friend now. There are many reasons, one of them is my horrible handwriting ;] but this group made me feel so sentimental... and I'm thinking about writing 3 people now. Letters may help me to reunite with them!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.