Bands "Everybody" Gets But You

• Bands "Everybody" Gets But You

It seems "everybody" loves Fall Out Boy but me. I just don't get them, maybe I'm old, maybe I just have bad taste in music? But for whatever reason I just never got into the whole Fall Out Boy thing. The Grateful Dead is another such band that "everyone" just seems to love the crap out of - but again, I don't get it...

So what's your "everybody loves 'em but me" band?

• I agree with the fall out boy thing, some more are the moldy peaches and that soundtrack to across the universe.
    I'm a huge beatle fan, and i liked the movie well enough i just think the beatles got em right the first time around. I do dig the dead though.

• I love the dead. Just got into moldy peaches. Couldn't stand across the universe because i feel it was really just a way for hollywood to cash in on the beatles. The movie has a really stupid, generic, storyline. I don't like fall out boy either. They just don't do it for me...

The band right now that i feel everyone gets but me is the mars volta.

• for some reason everyone loves Panic at the Disco, I think they are laughable at best, I mean is their music surposed to be slightly funny, easy to play music for deaf children?

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind"- The Smiths
  • I HATE THE DEAD MILKMEN FOR SO MANY REASONS

doy.
  • I have a soft spot for Death Cab for Cutie

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind"- The Smiths
  • I didn't like Across the Universe either, mostly for the insipid "plot" and the way they killed While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Not to mention the moments I LOL'd but felt I shouldn't be laughing.

Bands... Nickleback goes without saying, I'm sure, and Panic/FallOut Boy (Can't tell them apart anyway). And the Foo Fighters - why do they keep yelling?

• callmemc disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 8 2008, 19h54
    death from above 1979

sorry if this may seem shallow or whatever, but i keep on trying to listen to them, and they still sound like noise to me

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 8 2008, 20h19
    Really, what's the the jonas brothers?

• Kjartad disse...
    • Assinante
    • Abr 9 2008, 1h15
    belle and sebastien. I picked up one of their CDs at a time when my friends though I was quite "cool" to do so. And now it is the least played CD (once) in my collection. Sometimes I hear people talking about how great they are, and I wonder If I'll listen again and suddenly GET it.

• yeah allot of people don't 'get' belle and sebastian, basically because they arn't for everyone, but igermilk is the most tender, beautifull fragile album ever produced so If you want to get into them then start there

• Nowledge disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 10 2008, 19h02
    Two follow ups after Field Mouse where I mention Belle and Sebastian.

I don't think I am missing anything about them, I think they are uninteresting and kind of epitomize musical genre hopping for genre hopping's sake, among other 'qualities'.

• Say Anything.

horrible. enough said.

Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Hm.. Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nine Inch Nails, and ..Peaches.... I'm waiting to one day start thinking they're wonderful!

• mostly obvious except for crazy here:

tangerinesky706 said:
    Hm.. Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nine Inch Nails, and ..Peaches.... I'm waiting to one day start thinking they're wonderful!

but i have to add a couple.
    my morning jacket: completely blows, i've played with them and they seem to know a bit of theory, but they're just predictable and bland.

vampire weekend: i don't hate them, but product of pitchfork hype much?

annnnd

black dice: fuck that. please, i'm sorry, there's a difference between noise and crap.

• dan deacon.

would someone please explain this to me. honestly, i feel like a crazy person not worshipin' him the way my some of my friends talk.

aaand...

the magnetic fields.

actually i think i get why i don't dig on them like a majority of my friends. they're the biggest joy division rip off i've ever heard.

• ohempyrean said:
    mostly obvious except for crazy here:

tangerinesky706 said:
    Hm.. Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nine Inch Nails, and ..Peaches.... I'm waiting to one day start thinking they're wonderful!

Crazy?? That was kinda harsh... but that's the point, that everybody gets them except me! :)

• dr_draco disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 3 2008, 6h19
    I have to agree with Radiohead. I like a couple of their songs, but aside from that, I don't really see the fascination.

Some of the already mentioned, like Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, etc. I agree with as well.

To add:
    The Rolling Stones
    Paramore
    And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead
    The White Stripes

• Bullet for my Valentine and that new song Hearts Burst Into Fire or whatever.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 9 2008, 22h48
    On the indie-hype side, I just don't like Hot Chip. I haven't heard much, but of what I have, I just couldn't get into. Same thing with the Kooks, but I kind of feel like there's potential for me to like them eventually.

On the popular side, pretty much everything most of my friends listen to. So mostly emo (girls) and hip-hop (guys). It just all sounds the same to me. Although, I have to say I think some hip-hop has got merit.

• Tokio Hotel
    They're German and the lead singer looks like a girl...

• This is probably weird, but a lot of my friends love Prince...I don't get it.

I looked just like you when I was a little girl, before the operation.
  • Field_Mouse 说:
    yeah allot of people don't 'get' belle and sebastian, basically because they arn't for everyone, but igermilk is the most tender, beautifull fragile album ever produced so If you want to get into them then start there

Try "the boy with the arab strap" first, then pick up "tigermilk" or "if you're feeling sinister".It is a bit hard to get into "the life pursuit",their latest album.

by the way,I don't get post-radiohead & muse

• like above.
    i don't get radioheads hype.

• The Cure. i've tried getting into them, even bought a CD of theirs once. but i just don't like em...

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.