Have you read any other books about music that you'd recommend?

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 19 2008, 10h17

Have you read any other books about music that you'd recommend?

Part of the reason I love "High Fidelity" so much is because Nick Hornby writes really well and can explain similar thoughts to the ones I have about music, life and love.

And I was thinking that this group is the perfect place to ask this:

have you read any other books about music similar to High Fidelity that you'd recommend? cause I could use some good lecture...

And as an example I'll recommend you:
    "Stories we could tell" by Tony Parsons
    a book about growing up and being young, about sex and love and rock and roll, about the dreams of youth colliding head-on with the grown-up world.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 12 2008, 17h14
    Powder by Kevin Sampson maybe?

It's about music and it's kinda funny too. Nothing too deep, more like a beach read.

• Rob Sheffields "Love is a mixtape" seems similar, though I haven't read it yet.

• Rob Sheffields "Love is a mixtape" seems similar, though I haven't read it yet.

• Another Nick Hornby you should definitely check out is "31 Songs". Its a novel which is basically 31(ish) essays about his favourite songs, and he muses about the artists, lyrics and the songs' experiences in his life. Its pretty interesting to read; and when I say essays, don't think they're dull.

• Ketil Bjørnstad's - To Music is one of the books about music I read recently and loved..not so much for its story (though it's not bad) but for the atmosphere it creates!
    If you like piano and classical music it's a must!!! Tip: listening to classical music (the pieces referenced in the book) while reading it! <3

go to the ocean,on a ship,wave goodbye to the waves and the frozen shit that was in your heart.so long.
    (it was twilight,at Carbon Lake...indeed.)
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.