The Next Poster Must Listen to a Song by...

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 11h47
    bobcot87 said:
    Can the next person listen to a song by Dreadnoughts, here's my suggestion

Seeing as I reviewed that DeVotchKa band you posted i'll review this one to. I prefer the former admittedly but I reckon this could grow on me. Has something vaguely Lars Frederikson about it - satisfyingly piratey sound... :)

Can the next poster please listen to Limewax. Anyone that doesn't like heavy and dark tech step drum n' bass need not inquire :P

• Kennoth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 11h53
    It was unusual. I liked it. Punk band that doesn't have pussy vocals, refreshing.

The next person must listen to a song by Mirrorthrone, and I recommend you start here:

Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

• Kennoth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 11h54
    God damn you selfsurprise....

I liked the first song. Reminds me of electronic hardcore/aggrotech. It's a bit creepy and I dig that, even though it's monotone.

Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

• Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 12h06
    Kennoth said:
    God damn you selfsurprise....

I liked the first song. Reminds me of electronic hardcore/aggrotech. It's a bit creepy and I dig that, even though it's monotone.

Sorry dude, i'll review yours :p

I've listened to Mirrorthrone before and I like him, although i'm not sure if I like opening of that one - those pitch altering vocals don't sit very well with me even if the strings are atmospheric. Its gets a lot better though... :)

Can the next poster please listen to Current 93. There are literally hundreds of David Tibet's songs on youtube, so take yr pick.

• Deus_X_M disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 15h25
    Hmmm..... I am.... undecided, as to whether I like it or not. Idumea was kinda good, but then again, I like Bonnie Prince Billy and you could tell he was a large contributing factor to the feel. But it's an avenue that shall be explored more.

TNP should give Fever Ray a listen, might I suggest I'm not done or Keep the streets empty for me?

Happy-Few said...
    Why smlie humans?
    Perhaps from the problem is the escape route.Perhaps this nothingness.Who knows?
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 15h58
    Deus_X_M said:
    Hmmm..... I am.... undecided, as to whether I like it or not. Idumea was kinda good, but then again, I like Bonnie Prince Billy and you could tell he was a large contributing factor to the feel. But it's an avenue that shall be explored more.

Current 93 is well worth looking into. David has gone through so many style changes over the years that i'd swear blind there is something for everyone amongst his work.

TNP should give Fever Ray a listen, might I suggest I'm not done or Keep the streets empty for me?

I love Fever Ray! Dry And Dusty has to be one of my favorite tracks from that self-titled album. Someone else should have the pleasure of listening to Karin's stuff so I won't post a new artist yet.

• bobcot87 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 8 2011, 15h59
    Listening to the whole Fever Ray album, I love this!!!

Can the next person listen to a track by Fleetwood Mac BUT not from the Stevie Nicks era..i suggest this

To live in the hearts we leave behind
    Is not to die

• I quite Like Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac Been a life long fan of all the era's tbh.

The Green Manalishi is excellent, I quite like Man Of The World

The next person shoud listen to a track by The Dubliners

The Dubliners – Oró Sé Do Bheatha 'bhaile

"Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
    • Curvely disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 9 2011, 5h56
    What can I say? It's very pleasant, and easy to listen to. I really do enjoy folk music quite a bit.

The next poster must listen to Renunciation by Secret Chiefs 3

• Usuário
    • Fev 9 2011, 6h25
    Didn't like it at all!

The next user must listen to something by Otis Redding.

I recommend either "Try a Little Tenderness" or "These Arms of Mine".

• Curvely disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 9 2011, 6h48
    Ha, I tried my hardest to pick their most accessible song, I promise.

Anyways, I've never really been into soul music all too much, but it was a nice listen overall.

The next poster must listen to the entirety of Carry Stress in the Jaw by Mr. Bungle

I tried to pick the least accessible song possible.

• Usuário
    • Fev 9 2011, 12h30
    I really like that Mr. Bungle song! Thats the first time i've listened to them, despite the fact people rave on about them quite a lot. I can see why now. Exactly the kind of initially difficult song that could easily grow on me if I let it :p Those old fogey vocals are brilliant about 6 minutes in... :D

Can the next poster please listen to Green Army Fraction (i'm determinded to find someone else who likes power electronics even if it kils me!) They tend to deal in themes like hate, anti-modernism, fascism and war. Frightening stuff!

• Erm, not my type of thing sorry...

Next person go listen to Glass Pear :)

• Listened to Glass Pear- Last day of your life

listen to something by Wesley Wilis

Won't Stop Top Illin Till I'm A Gazillionair.
    • RailgunX disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 16 2011, 19h45
    Listened to Harmony Joy Bus Ride. Some weirdly awesome shit!

Listen to a song by Laurie Anderson

• Listened to some of O Superman (For Massenet). It was... different.

Next poster listen to Sound of Guns.

• Listened to Elementary of Youth
    Not bad - i liked it

Next person listen to Super Furry Animals

• Usuário
    • Fev 28 2011, 10h07
    Listened to Golden Retriever. I liked it! Refreshing.

Next person listen to Silent Shout by The Knife.

• Listened to the suggested track -> was moving my feet so I guess I enjoyed it.

Next Person: Strangers Family Band

• I listened to Strange Transmissions

Interesting... I'm actually not that sure how I feel on this. I don't dislike it, but I don't exactly like it either. I think I'm just not in the mood for this type of music right now, I'll have to give them a listen some other time.

The next person should listen to something by Hawksley Workman

• Usuário
    • Mar 16 2011, 5h03
    Is it just me or were some of my bleeding posts deleted? Or otherwise misplaced...

Wait... Hawksley Workman?

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

P.S. Thank you Pandora for introducing us...

The next poster must listen to Paul Collins' Beat.

I recommend:

• Usuário
    • Mar 16 2011, 5h09
    [Never mind I see those posts now]

• Usuário
    • Jun 21 2011, 19h16
    Ok............. next person go listen to Fall Apart by Death in June

• Oh is this still going. Woohoo.

Fall Apart was very depressing and I didn't enjoy it.

The next person must listen to Tarred and Feathered by The Cardiacs.

ME. I AM ME.
    • Usuário
    • Jun 21 2011, 19h35
    I listened to it....... it's hysteric

Next person listen to Gabrielle by Ween

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.