The Next Poster Must Listen to a Song by...

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 6 2012, 18h20
    ^ It sounds pretty cool, its not really my thing. The problem is I can't listen to Jimi Hendrix without referring to all sorts of associations, mostly peoples near-deific appraisal of the man.

REPLIED TO WRONG POST THINKING IT WAS THE FINAL POST: @ LaLoqueHumaine I like Lightning Bolt as much as the next internet weirdo, but i'm glad you opted to post that song instead. Faintly mad music that does something very clever and catchy with what could be a very annoying sample. Also that buildup at about 1:30 sounds properly cool. Nice find LaLoqueHumaine! :D

Can the next poster please listen to the power electronics underdog Institut. Proper industrial music. Who knows, maybe you'll even like it! ;) [/defeatist humour]

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen em Abr 17 2014, 1h15
    • Usuário
    • Mai 7 2012, 18h50
    Fair enough, thank you for not dismissing it out of hand like most folks would! :3

Kyte seem rather cool if that song is anything to go by. Sort of like Nightmare Of You only with stronger emphasis on the electronics, or a less sugary sounding version of Mercury Rev. Could definately make it onto a future playlist

Can the next poster please listen to Glenn Branca. At least listen to the first 5 minutes of The Ascension and try to tell me it isn't one of the most resonant and haunting things you've ever heard.

• I only has listened to the awesome Lesson n°1 for Electric Guitar, this one reminds me much more of post-rock bands like Godspeed. It's fine, but it isn't one of the most resosant and haunting things I have ever heard.

Dan Deacon has 2 great albums, you should also listen to the batshit crazy Woof Woof, the exotic Padding Ghost or the epic Wham City.

On to something much more straightforward. A "one-hit wonder" for me.

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
  • Not bad, I like it very much instrumentally actually. The voice kind of turns me off though. :(

Because I feel everybody that listen to this's life will be better, check out this piece of chill the fuck out:

• Usuário
    • Mai 8 2012, 16h26
    Balam Acab is cool. You just so happened to pick out my favorite of his tracks (at least of the ones that are 'scrobbable') closely followed by Heavy Living Things.

Can the next poster please listen to Haujobb. I've just found out that some handsome sea weavil has finally uploaded this song to youtube :D One of my alltime favorite EBM tracks.

• i'm sorry , not my kind of thing . but maybe it's amazing if i understands it

• SunGiant disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 12 2012, 9h53
    well it's the arctic monkeys, so nothing too surprising there...

• The fact it's not in English (for the most part) does it no favours, but overall it wasn't too bad. The minimalism worked in it's favour imo.

• i like it, might give some of their other stuff a go.

• artheta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 26 2012, 19h07
    I expected it to be terrible, but it wasn't that bad. It was listenable, anyway.

• Usuário
    • Mai 27 2012, 19h05
    ^ I hate to continue with this threads running theme of disinterest and general "meh" but that didn't appeal to any of my sensibilities at all. It gets some point back however for having scousers in the intro :3

Can the next poster please listen to electro/synth-nutter Yes Wizard. If you like sort of indie-electronic instrumental dance coming from South Korea you might like this. If all else fails you'll enjoy the weirdly edited anthropological footage, I don't doubt..
    synthmaniac

• I have to admit, this was kind of mildly entertaining. I do like electronics, but it's mostly breakcore / drum n bass. I am intrigued enough by this to browse Youtube for more at least. Let's see where it goes from there...

• i'm quoting SunGiant : "well it's Steve Vai , so nothing's too surprising there"
    and i'm sorry if the songs in this thread is supposed to be not mainstream or rare or cutting-edge or surprising or "woow i never heard of it before!".

hope this one is not too mainstream for you people

• It good because it reminds me of Fallout, but that's pretty much all it's got going for it.

• Usuário
    • Jul 1 2012, 18h50
    ^ That sounds nice! Like The Warlocks fronted by that lass from Dirty Three. Reminds me of sepia collage and Nicole Eisenman paintings. Very cool song Dobson.

Can the nex poster please listen to the booty-shaking weirdness of Autechre.

• Not my type of music at all, but it does sound... interesting.

Here, try some Pia Douwes. (It won't embed, I don't know why!)

http://youtu.be/wWz_4pTUmdo

I'm having many issues with last.fm player!!
    • artheta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 7 2012, 16h33
    It was quite pleasant, though I probably wouldn't choose to listen to it. I can't help but wonder if it would be better as a symphonic metal track.

• Its alright, sounded a little to "80s" sound for my taste but its ok.

Whoever hears this i hope you enjoy!

My Gods will becomes me, when he speaks he speaks through me. He has needs like i do, we both want to rape you.
  • I used to listen to QOTSA quite a lot, this doesn't really reignite my interest...

• Usuário
    • Jul 20 2012, 20h36

• Usuário
    • Jul 24 2012, 14h54
    ^ Comes close but doesn't quite cut it for me. Reminds me of The Birthday Massacre but with greater emphasis on the electronics with a slightly more 'considered' approach than deigning to simply belt out a rocking tune (if you pardon the turn of phrase) although I do like the break about 2:03 minutes in. 5/10.

Can the next poster please listen to the kaleidoscopic bedroom pop stylings of How to Dress Well.

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen em Abr 17 2014, 1h15
  • Could have been in a hit in the late 90s, early 00s I guess but now it sounds like something you have heard tons of times, not bad though, 5 or 6/10 I guess.

I hesitated between a 1:35 song and a 11:55 song... but I'll go with the long one, from a band I usually don't like. That's the exception, but what an exception... I don't expect much people to love it though...

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
  • Nawh, I don't think so. Although there was a song by them I heard a few days ago that I did like.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.