Mar 22 2014, 19h44 por steerpike
Mar 21 2014, 17h04 por steerpike
Mar 21 2014, 17h03 por steerpike
Nov 13 2008, 18h24 por silverlageS: (n) silver, Ag, atomic number 47 (a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography)
Silver is not a true color.
Silver is the metallic shade resembling gray, closest to that of polished silver.
The visual sensation usually associated with the metal silver is its metallic shine. This cannot be reproduced by a simple solid color, because the shiny effect is due to the material's brightness varying with the surface angle to the light source. In addition, there is no mechanism for showing metallic or fluorescent colors on a computer. Consequently in art one would normally use a metallic paint that glitters like real silver. A matte grey color like the swatch on this page would not be considered silver.
The name Argentina comes from the latin “argentum” which means “silver”.
(=geografische Lage) situation, location
enge/weite Lage-close/open harmony
Lage denotes the 'position' of an object in a district or landscape, and therefore coresponds most closely to 'situation' and 'location' alike.
Out 14 2012, 9h55 por steerpike
Dez 20 2011, 17h12 por RosesOfTomorrowThis Month's album is Anthropocentric by The Ocean.
The First Glance:
The beautiful album cover with all its' symmetric details would certainly get my attention in the record store! The cover tells a story, and it's nearly obvious, that it's
a philosophical concept album.
Deeper dive into the album:
Heavy, atmospheric and technical guitars lure the listener into a gigantic wall of sound. Bursting without mercy out of the tissue of the space. Anthropocentric is like an audiobook describing this event, an ideological metamorphosis, it's intro to the very end, and aftermath. The album has many unexpected turns.
+ Concept album
+ Wonderful vocals
+ Powerful atmosphere
+ Thoughtful lyrics
+ Beautiful art
- Some of the tracks feel like fillers, they are just made to hold up the atmosphere, as an intermission to the mind-blowing journey.
1. Anthropocentric 09:24
2. The Grand Inquisitor I: Karamazov Baseness 05:02
3. She Was the Universe 05:39
4. For He That Wavereth... 02:06
5. The Grand Inquisitor II: Roots & Locusts 06:33
6. The Grand Inquisitor III: A Tiny Grain of Faith 01:55
7. Sewers of the Soul 03:44
8. Wille Zum Untergang 06:02
9. Heaven TV 05:03
10. The Almightiness Contradiction 04:34
11. The Grand Inquisitor IV: Exclusion From Redemption [ Limited Edition/Vinyl Bonus Track ]
Album genre(s): Progressive/Atmospheric Sludge/Post-hardcore
Label: Metal Blade Records
Robin Staps- Guitars, Synthesizer
Loïc Rossetti - Vocals
Louis Jucker- Bass
Luc Hess - Drums
Jonathan Nido - Guitars
Esther Monnat Cello - Track 10
Céline Portat Viola - Track 10
Estelle Beiner - Violin - Track 10
Dalai Theofilopoulou- Cello - Track 10
Mitch Hertz- Guitars (lead) - Track 7
Sheila Aguinaldo- Vocals (female) - - Track 6
Julien Fehlmann- Engineering, Mixing
R. Staps- Producer
Svante Forsbäck- Mastering
Martin Kvamme -Artwork
Country: Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Finland
Final/Average: A (Amazing album, truly the top products of 2010!)
They nailed thousands of non-believers to their crude symbol of love
The myth that man is the crown of God's creation
Breeds the excuse to deplete the Earth today
The myth that man is the crown of God's creation
Supports our present anthropocentric misconception...
Thank you for reading this :3 -Alex
Mar 3 2011, 4h29 por shadesdrawnSo I just tried that thing... feel free to comment if you want to!
"50 Questions About My Top 50"
Based on your Overall Top 50 Artists, answer those questions.
1. How did you get into 29? Black Moth Super Rainbow
Thank you, Youtube.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? 石橋優子 (Yuuko Ishibashi)
York of love., which might well be one of the most beautiful folk ballads ever written.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? Soap&Skin
Maybe Fall Foliage.
4. How did you get into 49? Silver Apples
I would probably never have heard of them without Youtube.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? 霜月はるか†Revo (Revo feat. Haruka Shimotsuki)
They only released a single together, which I don't have.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Ensiferum
Token of Time. And many others.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? Neil Young
Not only this one, but On the Beach is hauntingly melancholic.
8. What is your favorite song by 15? Le' rue Delashay
Either bagatelles, opus 33. no. 6 or An Evening Eclipse.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? Luca Turilli's Dreamquest
Despite the title and lyrics a tad cliché, Gothic Vision is amazing.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? Sound Horizon
Yield is pretty uplifting.
11. What is the worst song by 40? Music For Your Plants
None, the whole EP is good.
12. What is your favorite song by 10? Luca Turilli
Hard to tell... Secrets of Forgotten Ages and Zaephyr Skies' Theme are both insanely good.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? Howard Shore
Unsurprisingly, the LOTR trilogy?
14 What is your favorite album by 38? Carl Orff
Carmina Burana. What else?
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? Diabolus in musica (Vittorio Manzan)
I love his piano tracks, don't know if I would call them "happy" - maybe Omaggio a J. Sibelius can fall into this...
16. Is there a song by 25 that makes you sad? Firesea
Equinox has a melancholic feel.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? Collegium Terpsichore
Entrée - Courante (Michael Praetorius), from their Renaissance Dance album.
18. What's your favorite lyric by 11? Eluveitie
No idea, since they sing in ancient languages (Gaulish or something close), I haven't checked the lyrics actually.
19. How many albums by 1 do you own? 志方あきこ (Akiko Shikata)
Her latest album Harmonia, an EP, and two singles. Wish I had more, a shame most of her stuff is hard to find...
20. Is there a song by 14 that makes you happy? イラナ (Yilana)
Eternal Horizon -蒼き空の果て-, and pretty much any of her other instrumentals.
21. What is a good memory involving 27? Ozric Tentacles
Listening to Spacebase more than 10 times in a row is quite a trippy experience. Try it and you'll fly!
22. What is your favorite song by 16? KOKIA
Follow the Nightingale is simply magical. I wish all her songs were as creative and stunning as this one...
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? Vashti Bunyan
Maybe Diamond Day, can't remember for sure...
24. What is your favorite album by 18? Stille Volk
Hantaoma and Maudat are both exceptional.
25. What is your favorite song by 21? Lemon Room Project
うみねこのなく頃に, because the original song is one of my favorite songs ever.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? 島みやえい子 (Eiko Shimamiya)
ひぐらしのなく頃に, which I actually find very reminiscent of Luca Turilli's Dreamquest (especially Virus). I love this dark electro feel!
27. What is your favorite album by 3? Marissa Nadler
Songs III: Bird On The Water is my favorite so far - as depressing and haunting as you can get, perfect for sick people like me... :)
28. What is you favorite song by 2? Rhapsody of Fire
Ugh, HARD question! Certainly not the pop-ish Emerald Sword, but picking only one is almost impossible. So I'll say Beyond the Gates of Infinity, a surprisingly progressive and underrated song from the Symphony of Enchanted Lands album -and not only because it's wicked good, but also because it was the first song that introduced me to the band a decade ago, which makes it quite symbolic as I'm still a fan.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? Revo
Il fratello was my first encounter with his solo work.
30. What is your favorite song by 8? Kalafina
serenato is really good.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? Cécile Corbel
I haven't so far. Probably will, she must be worth it.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? Atrium Carceri
"Happiness" is not exactly the word that crosses my mind when referring to Simon Heath's works.
33. How did you get into 12? カノン (Kanon)
Thank you, Last.fm.
34. What is the worst song by 45? Ulsamer Collegium
Istampita Ghaetta is the one I like the least, but it's still far from bad.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? Alan
RED CLIFF ～心・戦～, way to enchant my ears! I was quickly disappointed after that, since her other songs turned out to sound quite generic and nothing like this gem. Thank you, Avex...
36. What is the first song you ever heard by 48? XIV Dark Centuries
I guess Liodhahattr. A nifty song to drink to!
37. How many times have you seen 42 live? Pink Floyd
I wish I had...
38. What is you favorite song by 36? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Lacrimosa, so beautiful.
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? 一ノ宮頼子 (Yoriko Ichinomiya)
Can't remember, but it has to be from the Niato Koi Uta album.
40. What is your favorite album by 7? 分島花音 (Kanon Wakeshima)
Her debut album, 侵食ドルチェ. New stuff is starting to be redundant.
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? 六弦アリス (Rokugen Alice)
42. What is your favorite album by 41? Loreena McKennitt
The Book Of Secrets is wonderful.
43. What is your favorite song by 24? Arcangelo Corelli
N.6 en sol menor - 3 - Vivace
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? Equilibrium
I'll always enjoy listening to Sagas. Especially Mana.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? 霜月はるか (Haruka Shimotsuki)
I love her hymns, especially the ones with an epic neoclassical sound, such as EXEC_VIENA/. and EXEC_LINCA/.
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? Erik Satie
Not really, they make me feel melancholic and soothe me at the same time.
47. What is your favorite album by 4? Johann Sebastian Bach
Probably his harpsichord suites.
48. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? Alela Diane
Something's Gone Awry and The Pirate's Gospel. Hard not to sing along with these two!
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? Jordi Savall
Tiento III del primer tono, for keyboard
50. What is your favorite song by 20? 黒石ひとみ (Hitomi Kuroishi)
Innocent Days, a warm and peaceful one.
Fev 21 2011, 10h21 por CORDOVERO
Dez 23 2010, 8h40 por muhmoodhave watched this video a countless number of times
Set 15 2010, 8h46 por CORDOVEROHi friends, lastfm listeners, group members and music lovers,
I, Cordovero (indie singer-songwriter) need you support at the Diesel UMusic Contest. This could be very important for me and I really appreciate your help.
I need your vote / buzz / click. It takes just one minute to help me.
Please give me the chance to be recognized by a bigger audience.
Go to this site - and all I need is that you click "My Heart" :-)
VOTE FOR CORDOVERO DIESEL
I SEND YOU SOME LOVE AND RESPECT!
MUSIC IS OUR LANGUAGE
YOUR EMETH CORDOVERO