New Connections

• New Connections

Hi,

I'm interested in more artist and label connections for this group. As you can probably see by the ones allready there the idea of this group is to group bands with a certain "mood" much more than a certain "genre".

One thing I would ask is that if you suuggest something please give an album suggestion so I and others in the group can check it out.

I am leader of: the Ethereal music group; the Darkwave Music group and the Faith And the Muse group.
    Suspicious food taster at:
    • seagoat disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 29 2006, 3h52
    Im thinking that good old Kate Bush, while very mainstream, might have been overlooked. Gootta love Babooska. (As a little girl, I wanted to be her from that video..hum..too much info??)

• Yes...Good suggestion, added.

I am leader of: the Ethereal music group; the Darkwave Music group and the Faith And the Muse group.
  • "Dreamy and somewhat dark"...
    I'd like to suggest Coil. I am the last to deny that not all their music is completly suitable here, but I'd urge you to listen to both the "musick to Play in the Dark" albums (if only for the title and the cover art)

And I recently discovered Donis. All I know is that he is a Lithuanian artist. (The wiki here is not to interresting, and it was here I first heard about him :)

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • Curve (Pubic Fruit and Doppelganger are good albums to start with)

The Glove (Blue Sunshine)

Single Gun Theory (Flow River Of My Soul)

BTW, Curve is considered pretty much shoegaze/electronic, Glove is 80s borderline goth/pop, and Single Gun Theory is kind of proto-world/dub/chilout techno, but they are at least a little ethereal :D

Oh, and somehow Cocteau Twins appear twice in connections. ;)

• EinOmega disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 30 2006, 15h59
    Collide-Some kind of strange
    Clair Voyant-Time and the Maiden
    Mira-Apart
    Love Spirals Downward-Idylls

If you see Kay, Tell him he may. See you in tea, Tell him from me.
    http://www.zeronews-fr.com/flash/super-mario-communist.php
  • Re:

Quoth EinOmega:
    Clair Voyant-Time and the Maiden
    Mira-Apart
    Love Spirals Downward-Idylls

All these bands except Collide were connected long ago and are excellent :) Don't know if Collide really fits. They're more darkwave/ebm in most of their songs.
    (It's Claire Voyant BTW)

I added Single Gun Theory (they should have been added before, I thought I had but I guess I forgot)

Coil is one I've considred in the past. Certainly some of their music qualifies although not all of it.Although since Current 93 which is in the same category is linked I guess I will add them :)

Curve...I love them but have never really thought of them as "ethereal". Maybe the odd song...

I'll take your word and add Donis since I have never heard that...Will keep my eye out for it though

I think I will also add My Bloody Valentine as well...

I hate sticking things in genres but I do want to keep the group a bit focused.

• thethem disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 6 2006, 11h54

Re: Re:

Quoth Iridescence
    I think I will also add My Bloody Valentine as well...

They always seemed more dream pop-y to me. Many of their songs have a harder edge to them than what I would associate with ethereal.

• Cylob disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 6 2006, 13h53
    The Perfect Prescription swirls in places, as does Wolf Flow.

Then there's the drone art of Bowery Electric.

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry fall somewhere between post-punk and goth rock, but they have a distinct dreamy quality.

All for now...

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
  • OK I'll add Bowery Electric and Spacemen 3, good suggestions,thanks.

I like Red Lorry Yellow Lorry and agree they have a certain dreamy aspect to a lot of their stuff but then so do The Cure and Fields of the Nephilim and The Danse Society etc. There are a lot of groupd for goth rock and it's a different (although slightly related) style in my opinion.

• uh? red lorry yellow lorry 'dreamy'? You listening to the same band I am? 1980s UK goth/darkwave/punk/postpunk band?

The one with the lead singer with the gravel voice?

I cant say I've heard everything y them, but dreamy? er, not in my book.

Oh, and iridesence, maybe you should try "horror head' single, or 'blacker three tracker' by curve, I seem to recall that you didnt have much curve, just an album or two (but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else)

• Coppergreen said:
    uh? red lorry yellow lorry 'dreamy'? You listening to the same band I am? 1980s UK goth/darkwave/punk/postpunk band?

The one with the lead singer with the gravel voice?

I cant say I've heard everything y them, but dreamy? er, not in my book.

Oh, and iridesence, maybe you should try "horror head' single, or 'blacker three tracker' by curve, I seem to recall that you didnt have much curve, just an album or two (but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else)

No, I have every Curve album ...Some of their songs fit the group so I can add them I guess. they are definately a good influential band and I am a fan so I will add them.:)

I agree with you about RLYL. Songs like "Heaven" are kind of dreamy in feel but no more so than a lot of other bands I haven't added. They're a good goth rock band though.

• [double post deleted]

• Anrky disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 30 2006, 22h09
    Gotta add Jens Gad then... very enigma'ish sounding...

• I added Jens Gad , thanks. I'll check him out...

• I recommend Cranes, altough sometimes pretty dark and heavy they have some great ethereal themes like "Cloudless" and "Golden" (found in the 1993 album Forever).They're most recent work Partciles & Waves is also recommended. Also the Loved album (1994) is a Classic of this great band (The song "Beautiful Friend" of this album is quite ethereal)

I highly recommend Pale Saints and their album "In Ribbons" (1992)

Also, Cocteau Twins's Tiny Dynamine Double Ep (1985) I think reaches the ethereal lanscapes in a very precise and flawless way. In my opinion is the best ethereal album I have heard so far, because it reaches enigmatic depths with it's sounds

Som other great ethereal...

Slowdive: Pygmalion (1995)
    Love Spirals Downwards: Ardor (1994?)

*.*
  • I think Lahannya would fit well... she had an EP out called Drowning a few years back and a new album should come out soon - a few songs are already on Last.fm. She also did vocals for Greenhaus (Greenhaus feat Lahannya) and Soman (Soman feat Lahannya).

• Bluenarcotic,

thanks for the info on Lahannya, I'll check her out.

Last.FM has a dumb new rule that there can only be 200 connection to a group which we've reached so I'll have to "kick something out" to add anything else. So I won't be adding as much from now on. Feel free to recmmend stuff though.

Slowdive,Love Spirals Downwards and Cranes are definately excellent and are allready in the artist connections :)

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 20 2006, 13h29
    A couple of suggestions for connection or just plain enjoyment. :-) I was also going to suggest Endraum and Pilori, but I see they're already in the connections. :-D The following artists are in a similar vein...

The Dust of Basement
    I find this darkwave band profoundly 'dreamy' and 'ethereal'... moreso than a lot of groups traditionally considered 'ethereal' in fact. Albums Re-Membrances and [Vice Versa] Opticus are examples of them at their best, IMHO.

Das Zeichen
    Ooh, wonderful wonderful band! Ethereal-folk-darkwave that should absolutely appeal to fans of Endraum.

Kirlian Camera
    They've dabbled in a number of genres, but I find much of what they've done to certainly fit the 'ethereal' bill...

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 19 2007, 16h27
    has Malka Spigel been mentioned?

• Dr_Jon disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 30 2007, 13h58
    • Dr_Jon disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 30 2007, 14h03
  • Bugotak - progressive Siberian folklore
  • ...well...i checked the list and i think i didn't see "Secret Garden" among the mentioned bands.
    bye! :))

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.