ECM Records and Rhapsody Music Service: Parting of the Ways?

• ECM Records and Rhapsody Music Service: Parting of the Ways?

I am a long-time ECM records fan (back to my first recordings in 1970), and I've been a subscriber of the Rhapsody music service for the last 2 years. I've been listening to an endless array of ECM recordings on Rhapsody in order to re-acquaint myself with some of the older recordings, and also to explore all of the artists listed in the book "Horizons Touched: The Music of ECM".

That is, until March 30th, 2012, when I first discovered that nearly every ECM recording has been removed from Rhapsody, and the library of selections I had carefully organized had suddenly gone empty. If you are a Rhapsody subscriber, you will no doubt be as chagrined as I was, to learn that nearly every Keith Jarrett ECM recording has been removed. As has Eberhard Weber, Terje Rypdal, and countless other artists. I was devastated to learn of this, yet have no idea what is the cause, or if ECM will ever again be available through Rhapsody. Like many people, I have a limited budget and I cannot afford to purchase every ECM release from Amazon!

I have written to customer service at Rhapsody to inquire about the reasons for this, but have received no information from them.

If you have been similarly affected, or if you have any information regarding future likelihood of Rhapsody returning ECM to its catalog, please share your insights. Alternatively, is there any other music service like Rhapsody that might still have the ECM catalog for listening/streaming?

Thanks for any information you can provide,

Scott Kerlin

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.