Favorite Doctor's companion? Rose, Martha, or Donna?

• durvi disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 7 2007, 9h25

Favorite Doctor's companion? Rose, Martha, or Donna?

My favourite Doctor's "companion" was Rose... she was nice, clever, sympathic n played with good actress - i was crying at end of second season, really :) and another nice thing was relationship between Rose n Doctor... never exactly said what they feel... and, at last, Rose had sympathic friends... Mickey, her Mummy... :)

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 9 2007, 16h25
    Rose - definitely Rose! Never thought much of Martha - she really annoyed me. Don't know what to expect from Donna yet. :)

• Usuário
    • Out 11 2007, 16h40
    Rose no question. Martha was nice and all but i just loved Rose. and Donna was dumb as a stick really, at least judging from the Christmas special.

• blahhhh i hated rose! her mouth was so massive im surprised the doctor didnt fall in at some point. maybe he did and they edited it out. i liked martha best, she was everything rose was only without the massive gob.

• there hasn't been a great companion yet imho. unless you include jack, he was pretty good. i hope donna doesn't ruin series 4 for me :(

Look, I have posted in a forum.
    • Usuário
    • Out 24 2007, 3h38
    I really loved Martha. I thought she was intelligent, and a great contrast to the Doctor. She was played by a really talented and extremely beautiful woman as well. ;3

Donna was... interesting. I'm not entirely sure what to think of her yet. She was really loud, but she had every right to be, lol. I'm excited to see what they're going to do with her character. It'll be nice to have a companion who isn't in love with the Doctor, hah.

I like Rose. I don't really know what else to say about her. She was brilliant with the ninth Doctor, but less so with Ten. I found it terribly sad when she left, but after seeing series three, I'm glad she did. S3 was really good, and it wouldn't have been the same without Martha. :)

So I think my vote goes for Martha, even though I have love, in varying degrees, for all three.

• Rose was good liked her with the the 9th doctor better. Martha to me never really had the chance to shine to preoccupied trying to figure out why the Doctor wouldn't fall in love with her. Donna I liked quite a bit just cause was always getting the Doctor and herself into trouble. But she could become very annoying if they don't tone down her attitude in the fourth season. Personally I would like to see Captain Jack or a male companion of some sort. The whole love interest between the companion and the Doctor is wearing thin, that and the whole coming back to earth because of their family. I think I'm going to have to go with Donna she was just fun to watch there is good chemistry between Catherine and David.

• Definitely Rose! Especially with the tenth doctor (didn't like the nineth doc that much anyway). I was crying at the end of Doomsday too, you're not the only one!

I like Donna, but I keep seeing the Catherine Tate show in the back of my head, really kind spoils it.

Martha wasn't bad either, but she was nowhere near Rose.

Suicide is a way of telling God "You can't fire me because I quit!"
  • I think that one really has to go to Rose.
    I just think that there was such special chemistry between her and the doctor(9th and 10th).
    But I really did like Martha too.
    About Donna, I'm not really sure yet. I mean I love Catherine Tate as a comedian. But as the doctor's companion? I don't know...
    I guess we'll see

Procrastinators of the world unite...tomorrow!
    • Mike W disse...
    • Assinante
    • Nov 7 2007, 10h37
    Martha all the way. Loved Rose in series one, but she completely got on my nerves in series two. Far from shedding tears when she left, I was actually pleased to see her go.

Donna was really irritating in the Christmas special but I shall reserve judgement until I've seen more of her in action.

• idkmon disse...
    • Assinante
    • Nov 9 2007, 21h20
    I like Martha and Donna.

Rose was great in season 1, she had a nice natural chemistry with the Ninth Doctor that I thought was lacking with Ten. I bought the romantic chemistry between Rose and Nine; with Rose and Ten, I couldn't see anything besides two people that were best friends. Maybe that's just me. Plus Billie Piper's acting was a less natural in season two, like she was too aware of everything.

Rose was a great character (in series 1) and a good character (in season 2) who was written off when she needed to be. Rose had an unhealthy attachment to the Doctor towards the end there imo. If she comes back, I want her to be as over the Doctor as I hope Martha is. In a romantic sense I mean.

Donna's a great comedic character. I'm intrigued how she's going to interact with the Doctor on a permanent basis.

Martha got a raw deal by the writers 1) having her pining after the Doctor the whole season and 2) having the Doctor plain ignore her at times. It just made Martha look like an idiot and the Doctor look like a total jerk (not that he's not a jerk sometimes). I wish that they never did the crush stuff, but I guess they needed for her to be in love with him so she could spread the message about his goodness.

Personally, if I was Martha, my crush would be dampened after spending three months in 1912, and another two months supporting the Doctor's ass in 1969, but that's just me.

Join Cheryl Cole if you're a fan of Cheryl's, or Girls Aloud in general.
    • Inesss disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 21 2007, 21h48
    Rose.
    Definitely Rose.

I never could really get used to Martha.
    And Catherine Tate is great, but I don't see her as the Doctor's assistant... I don't know. I guess it's just too much of her sketches that I've watched.

• Rose, Rose, Rose. Period.

• snufkin5 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 9 2007, 23h39
    Martha, definitely. She saved the world!

a good man is hard to find
  • Jack. Because's he just owns. Screw the rest, love interest thing is old. Jack was funny and cool.

"An adventure is a dangerous experience that leaves you with an interesting story to tell, if you survive." --Michael Banks
    Fan Page
    MySpace Account
    Flixter Account
    Last.fm Account
    Facebox Account
    YouTube Account
    Newgrounds Account
    Twitter Account
  • Rose wins, hands down.
    I love Rose Tyler, and words cannot express how glad I am that she's coming back.

I didn't like Martha at all the first time I saw season three, but I'm currently rewatching it, and I find that I like her a lot more than I used to. Not as much as Rose, but I do really like her now. She has a place in my heart.

I suppose I'm one of the few who liked Donna in the Christmas special. She was like a breath of fresh air, and I just love Catherine Tate.

• Both Rose and Jack, no doubt about that. I don't want to repeat what other people said, so I'll just agree with all the good things that were said about them.

Martha was fine, but if you haven't got used to someone after the entire series, it just won't happen. Donna, maybe - I just need to see her more, but I really liked her in Christmas Special.

• Liz Shaw? Jo Grant? :p

Well, if I have to pick from those three, Martha so far, although I've already got a soft spot for Donna. Martha is CLEVER, which is fantastic, and Donna takes none of Ten's whiny emo angst.

• chrs7637 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 7 2008, 22h19
    Tie between Rose and Jack from season 1

• Usuário
    • Fev 11 2008, 13h13
    martha, she can adapt well, even as a maid in The Family of Blood.

• spupy disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 16 2008, 15h31
    Kylie! Ahahaha \o/

Just kidding. Anyway, I think i like Martha a little more than Rose.

But i certainly don't like Donna. :/

• Ulrikke disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 27 2008, 21h09
    I dunno actually...Rose or Martha (not really counting Donna here, doesn't really seem fair with only the Christmas special to go by - I'm positive about seeing her in series 4 though).

(Ramble ahead - skip to bottom paragraph for conclusion :p)
    Didn't like Martha at first, all this unrequited love business just really annoyed me from the word go. At least Rose's was well developed over time (and I still like to think that what they had was more than that - as Rose herself says: "He's not my boyfriend, Mickey, he's better than that. He's much more important"). Martha really grew on me though and I'm finding myself really liking her on rewatches (the final scene of Gridlock comes to mind). Rose WAS my first companion though and I got introduced to the Doctor through her, WITH her and I really liked her character as well (and I cried buckets in Doomsday!).

Long story short - I just don't know, lol. Perhaps I'm leaning a little towards Martha as she's the more present one (and I'm really liking her in Torchwood as well) - but then I'm currently re-watching series one and finding Rose thoroughly charming. Oh, the dilemma!

I'm gonna go ahead and say Martha - if nothing else because as a whole series 3 is my favorite.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with whoever suggested a male companion (as a regular I mean - Jack and Adam don't really count), if nothing else to avoid the love issue altogether (well, unless the bloke was gay of course)

• Definitely Rose. I don't really like Martha...and I actually haven't seen Donna yet?

• Usuário
    • Mar 11 2008, 7h23
    Rose.
    Martha annoyed me with her being in love with him thing.
    And Donna is just horrible. Can't stand her, or Catherine Tate.

• raist71 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 17 2008, 0h24
    so far for me and my daughter Rose,
    best companion tho is still K9, has been with 2 of my favorite Doctors

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.