Your favorite rql station

• tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mai 7 2011, 12h28

Your favorite rql station

Post your favourite rql stations here :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • rwitte disse...
    • Assinante
    • Mai 15 2011, 22h40
    lastfm://rql/Z3JvdXA6WzE3MjI2MF0=

It plays Diversity + Knowledge 100 Artists per 1000 plays group radio.

StudleyUK made it for me to work around the client bug that usually prevents it from playing names with a '+' in.

• tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mai 16 2011, 7h22
    Wanna share it?

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
  • My custom combo.fm station for last Friday: http://t.co/IwEccv7 - classical with a bit of electronic / matrixy goodness.

Still working on today's one.

• tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mai 16 2011, 22h52
    Maddieman I made some advertising for your fridays stations in the Combo.fm thread :)

• Dead simple, but very effective:

Recommendations + Tag Steering.

e.g. My jazz recommendations

http://t.co/qHCmnMl

rec:Maddieman and tag:"jazz" opt:repetition|0

• rwitte disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 13 2011, 11h53
    I am currently finding stations of the form lib:rwitte not lib:a friend very useful for inspiring recommendations to the negated user. It negates at the track level rather than the artist level so I use last.fm friend finder greasemonkey to check.

eg rwiitte not maddieman

tburny said:
    Wanna share it?

I don't know how StudleyUK made his one. Note that it gets a proper name in the last.fm player, unlike the combo.fm ones, and I don't know how he did that either.

Editado por rwitte em Jun 14 2011, 23h15
    • tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Jun 13 2011, 12h06
    t.co is the url shortener of twitter. Maddieman tweets some stations using the twitter share button below the play buttons on the combo.fm webpage :) You can use the long urls generated by combo.fm too

• rwitte disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 14 2011, 23h05
    my library or my fiends +2mainstream -2repeat

my library or my fiends +3mainstream +3repeat

This is my first experiment with sliders anywhere but in the middle, so i intend to try this combo with different slider positions in future

• snyde1 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 15 2011, 4h10
    rwitte said:
    lastfm://rql/Z3JvdXA6WzE3MjI2MF0=

It plays Diversity + Knowledge 100 Artists per 1000 plays group radio.

StudleyUK made it for me to work around the client bug that usually prevents it from playing names with a '+' in.
    Interesting:
    1. You can do group radios with group:
    2. You can specify a (hidden) identifying number for an entity with [number]
    3. Guessing the right number might give you a real station name

Playing with that didn't give me anything that I could use to predict the group ID. User libraries don't seem to give the real name of the station. (But the user id seems to work for the [number].)

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • snyde1 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 15 2011, 4h21
    rwitte said:
    I am currently finding stations of the form lib:rwitte not lib:a friend very useful for inspiring recommendations to the negated user. It negates at the track level rather than the artist level
    Cute trick - I can get new songs from simarts for a favourite artist:
    simart:odds not user:snyde1

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Jun 16 2011, 17h43
    synde you are correct with the id's.
    The group thingy is new to me :) http://last.fm/listen/rql/Z3JvdXA6IkNvbWJvLmZtIg== would play the Combo.fm group radio.
    Sadly there is neither a group.search() nor a group.getInfo() API call to get more info about which groups a user is in and some stuff for displaying the group picture :)

• snyde1 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jun 17 2011, 3h19
    A User.getGroups call would be nice.

• Cute trick - I can get new songs from simarts for a favourite artist:
    simart:odds not user:snyde1
    Or simply enable the discovery mode, which does exactly that but more efficiently.

If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves.
    • snyde1 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jul 6 2011, 15h46
    I typically have discovery enabled, but I've not found it to be that effective.

• Seeing as Spotify and the BBC are creating playlists, I thought I'd create a combo station -

Mercury Prize 2011 combo station: http://t.co/e6mqKaU

(feat. similar artists of Adele, Elbow, PJ Harvey, Anna Calvi, and more - http://www.mercuryprize.com/aoty/)

EDIT: http://t.co/VBoaAfc - more compatible version

• DoctorT disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 15 2011, 10h36
    snyde1 said:
    I typically have discovery enabled, but I've not found it to be that effective.

I discovered by accident that for me choosing "a chosen tag or my library", placing the repetition slider all the way to the left and clicking on Discovery Mode makes Discovery Mode work the way I remember the old Discovery Mode worked. 98% of the tracks played are ones I have never listened to before. Of the remainder, the tracks have a very low play count or have been loved. Some of the tracks have been from artists I had manually added to my library but had not heard yet. I have had a few tracks play by artists not in my library and which were not tagged with the tag I used to build the station. My guess is the artists might be on a "various artists" album I added to my library.

So far, interestingly, the only time I have heard any tracks tagged with the tag I used to build the station was when the Mainstream slider was off to the right.

Also, so far, the only tag I have used is . I have thought of trying other tags to see if I got the same result, but have not gotten a round to it yet.

My one complaint, which goes for Last.fm radios in general, is that, except for the tracks by artists I have never heard before, all the tracks are by artists I have listened to in the last 18 months. No tracks have played by artists last heard 19 months or more ago.

As I have played this station more than any other recently, it is my favorite station of the moment.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • DoctorT disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 23 2011, 18h31
    Today I tried something different than " or my library" as in my post above and I have slightly different results.

I figured that maybe using another rather obscure tag might give similar results as when I used , so I used instead. As before, I had not heard over 90% of the tracks. Of the two tracks I had heard before, one I had heard only once but not in the last year and the other was a Loved track I had heard several times but not in the last three years. And there is the difference. In all the sessions in which I used , I only heard tracks from artists whom I had I had last listened to within the last 18 months or so (except for the tracks by artists I had never heard before). This session, the majority of tracks are by artists I last heard between one and three years ago. I like being able to pull from the recesses of my library. Is the dredging of artists from the near past coincidence or does it have something to do with the radio configuration? More experimentation is in order.

I also plan to use a popular tag to see what happens.

And, if there were a way to pull from artists last heard four or five years ago ...

Edit, as I was typing this post, a track I hadn't heard since 2006 started playing, although I had heard the artist recently.

Music, like language, is universal.
  • Still my most successful combo station to date: http://t.co/8R2SMpjy

It consists of electronic ambient artists from the label Ultimae Records (and similar artists)

• i call this one:

Indie instrumental Hip-hop:

Indie Instrumental Hip-hop

• i call this one:

Combo 90s... its not perfect you have to skip a couple times... but it all genres of 90s music.

Combo 90s Alternative

• i call THIS one:

Space age bachelor pad

Space age bachelor Pad

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 11 2013, 11h26
    • Usuário
    • Jun 13 2013, 3h48
    • Usuário
    • Jun 14 2013, 0h53
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.