Well, getting tickets has just knocked about 3 years off my life expectancy!

What is it with Cambridge and their godawful ticketing system? I actually got tickets earlier this year than I have the last two years, but only by chance. I carried on trying and finally got them two hours after I'd been told by the box office they were completely sold out.

The phone system seemed to be completely down for most of the morning, and there were major problems with the website, that's aside from the ticket availability changing every time the page was refreshed. And the website wouldn't even work with any browser other than IE.

I can't believe this is the best they can do.

Anyway, for anyone's who's interested, here's the link to the official folk festival website, and here's a list of artists who are playing.

Joan Baez
    Nanci Griffith
    The Waterboys
    Steve Earle
    Kate Rusby
    Toots & The Maytals
    Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
    Toumani Diabaté & Symmetric Orchestra
    Under One Sky
    Show Of Hands
    Sharon Shannon
    Bellowhead
    Alabama 3 unplugged
    Oysterband
    Bruce Cockburn
    Martin Simpson
    Four Men & A Dog
    Fanfare Ciocǎrlia
    Solas
    Shooglenifty
    James Hunter
    C.J. Chenier & The Red Hot Louisiana Band
    Fiddlers’ Bid
    Allison Moorer
    Brian McNeill
    The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
    Le Vent du Nord
    Kris Drever
    Seasick Steve
    Rachel Unthank & The Winterset
    Lau
    Ruthie Foster
    Haugaard & Høirup
    Martha Tilston
    Mabon
    Jaune Toujours
    Newton Faulkner
    Breabach
    Stömp
    Last Orders
    Mr Boom

"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." John Trudell
  • I got tickets online at exactly twelve noon.

Not too much hassle at all.

• We turned up on the Saturday, an hour before the box office opened, only to be told that there were too many in the queue. And now we find out that it was all a mistake and they had more tickets than they thought. Still via on-line and phone we got what we needed thankfully. Just have to order the glowsticks.

And Dervish finished bottom in the Eurovision, so they must be good.

• The whole thing's just nuts. So queueing an hour beforehand didn't guarantee you tickets, and both the phone system and the website crashed from the weight of traffic this year - what's going to happen next year?

It's a vicious circle, the more difficult they make it, the more likely people are to be deperately trying to get tickets at the first opportunity, so the more likely the system is to buckle under the strain.

I absolutely love the festival itself, but I hate with a passion the whole farcical process for getting the tickets.

"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." John Trudell
  • Yes, we've been discussing giving the whole thing a miss next year. But since this will be our first anniversary, we kind of have to go.

Congratulations on the title by the way. Hmmph.

• annanip disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 25 2007, 11h28

Any Black market ticket tips?

I did not manage to get any either we are four people coming from Norway - already bought plane tickets. Any one got any tips?

• Well, ebay prices have dropped a fair amount. It's just about possible the cornex has had some returns too. Give them a call every so often maybe.

• So, how was it for you guys? Did we all enjoy the mud? And am I imagining things or did it seem like there were more people there this year? It just seemed a lot more crowded than previous years, much more difficult to move around.

And as for people and their bloody picnic rugs! Why don't they just go the whole hog and erect a nice little picket fence around 'their' territory?!

Hmph!

Steve Earle was wonderful though. Highlight of my weekend was his interview in the Club tent on friday morning. I just love the guy to bits.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.