• DanysNet disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 26 2012, 20h25

Cached.

So now it happened, first time since using the Beta Scrobbler. Last.Fm had a little timeout and a song didnt scrobble. It's marked as "cached".

So what now? Restarting the scrobbler doesnt convince it to scrobble the track. And the diagnostics tool is still useless cuz there's only an ipod scrobble feature to use, nothing else.

So what's gonna happen to the cached track? Will it ever get scrobbled? To me it appears no. With the old scrobbler you could simply check on diagnostics and reconnect to last.fm which scrobbled the cached tracks and cleared the cache. But there's no function whatsoever in the current Beta (2.1.19)

Please fix that and give us finally the complete diagnostics tool back so we can save our cached tracks.

• I had the same issue. This is an aspect that needs to be handled better in the (otherwise pretty great) Last.fm client. Even in the old client, requiring a restart of the application in order to reattempt to submit scrobbles, is a bit weird, and even then, it's not transparent.

In the current state, it's worse in the new client, since as OP mentions, that doesn't even work. What I found though, is that they scrobble "by themselves" after a couple(?) of hours. Of course, that's even more opaque than before.

I guess the argument is that connection issues are too "technical" for the ordinary user, and with automation it'll all fix itself in the end. That may well be true, but for users a millimeter over this level, it's a bit frustrating to live with the uncertainty. It needs to become more transparent, ideally with a button I can click (until it works). In the "Scrobbles" section of the client where it says the tracks are "Cached", an "upload all cached scrobbles" button wouldn't be ill-placed.

All in all, more transparency here would be a great addition to the scrobbler.

• DanysNet disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 29 2012, 18h05
    Shortly after that happening I had a milestone track and kept it in mind. I just looked it up, it is still the track I chose for that milestone (mind you, it's 3 days ago!). I restarted my scrobbler 2-3 times since then, so like I assumed, that track is lost in space. Or the data highway. Or so.

• eartle disse...
    • Alumni
    • Mai 30 2012, 12h10
    Okay, there's a problem here. When you restart the app it may submit your cached scrobbles, but not update the scrobbles list in the app to say that it has now been submitted. You should check you profile to see if it made it there. I'll look into fixing that. This is something I need to fix.

I will also check that it is trying to submit the cached scrobbles on startup. It could be that it only does this when there is scrobble activity.

Thanks!

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • DanysNet disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 30 2012, 12h40
    I checked profile. The track didn't show up after restarting, the playcount didn't change. So it did not get scrobbled ever. I kept on listening since then of course. The track is still completely missing on my profile (I didn't listen to it before and after that happened).

There should be a possibility to manually force the app to scrobble the cache, I'd like to see a cache somewhere (like in the old app, you could see the stuck ones in the diagnostic tool) and if it scrobbles the cache, it should show some info about what it's doing. That'd be perfect.

Thanks for looking into it.

• eartle disse...
    • Alumni
    • Mai 30 2012, 13h46
    Yep, I'm planning on adding a cache view to the diagnostics dialog with this functionality.

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • DanysNet disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 30 2012, 15h21
    Sounds beautiful!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.