Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• palmin disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 19h36
    Naijca said:
    Naijca said:
    After installing and trying to connect my account, I'm getting the following error:

"There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm services. Please try again later."

Note: All proxy/abnormal internet connection has been temporarily disabled here.
    In case anyone is or will have the same issue, re-installing the beta client worked for me.

Not here, tried to reinstall twice, still no connection.

• Sebert disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 19h47
    Hello,

nice new version that you've cooked up there :-)

One thing: I really really need a option for the app oder the foobar2000 component, which will allow me to limit the media that should be scrobbled.
    Either sth like "Only scrobble items that are in the media library" in the fb2k component, or the option to specify folders in the app !

Regards

Sebert

• Just a slight niggle...

The share icon changes and is not consistent across the ui. On the "Now Playing" tab it is an arrow and on the "Scrobbles" tab it is an envelope?? What gives?

Other than that going great so far!

deak.es
    • grafnico disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 20h27
    D4v1d04 said:
    Can't hide the dock icon (in OS X)... What is this madness!?
    You can hide the dock icon by typing the following* into the Terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal):
    defaults write /Applications/Last.fm.app/Contents/Info LSUIElement 1press enter and restart the last.fm app and the dock icon should be gone. To reverse this, simply replace the 1 at the end of that command with a 0.

*I'm assuming that you've put the Last.fm application into your Mac's Applications folder. If not, modify the path accordingly.

• rwitte disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 20h31
    1) Beautiful install
    2) Beautiful display
    3) The pop=up notifications are nice but I can see them getting old real easily if I am trying to do something else; can you turn them on and off
    4) The feature that always drew me back to the old client from every web client and third party client was the cumulative play time for the current station...please can we have it back?
    5) How does the volume range compare? My impression is that my slider is now further right for listening through headphones (which bodes ill if ever I try to play through my speakers .... I could get nearly loud enough on the old client with the slider at max)
    6) Many thanks

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 20h51
    you can turn the pop ups off atm

• rwitte disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 21h05
    BTW the cancel button on the options dialog doesn't seem to work under windows

• It keeps crashing!

after installing while on the tour it says that the red arrow on your screen blah blah... well when i doble click the icon it crashes.

• rwitte disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2012, 21h53
    I just got an error 'ran out of memory' (with some hex number that I didn't note)...does the beta automatically log errors and send them to you, or should I be carefully transcribing them here manually?

• Also moving the mouse over the icon on the task bar when the controls appear, it says the i loved the song even when i havent marked as loved, the red heart it dont dissapear that easy!!
    Also the info about the song im listening and how many time i have listened to it its waaay to big!!

• I seem to have disconnected from scrobbling. The app still says I'm online, but my last several scrobbles didn't go through and I notice the app is stuck on the last song it scrobbled. I closed and reopened the app and it didn't detect I was playing from iTunes. I had to close the app and iTunes and restart both programs to reconnect. On Windows 7.

"Not even Crowded House gets a 90/10 split."
    Editado por queendork em Fev 15 2012, 2h41
    • Jasmic disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2012, 0h37

Window

Minimize, Zoom, Last.FM, Bring all to front. Doesn't appear to be doing anything, or am I missing something?

Easy install, instant connection, picking up my plays from Spotify with no problems at all.

The profile page is a bit...spartan! Where it says how many scrobbles I have had and loved tracks, not very much going on.

• Dock menu

I like it, prettier than the previous one.

Doesn't bother me much but noticed the following menu items don't appear to do anything yet:
    Volume Up/Down in either the dock menu or the controls menu,
    Anything in the window menu. [edit - just noticed the post above mentioned that]

Might be nice if it said "329 days subscription left" or something instead of "Subscribe" in the account menu, but it's probably not worth the extra work.

• dougma disse...
    • Alumni
    • Fev 15 2012, 2h08

Hooray!

Well done Client Team!

Probably you've already noticed this bug: "You've listened to Özgür Can 0 times, but not this track". Is it still on github? I'd offer a pull request. :p

What an achievement. I'm digging it!

• -Trail- disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2012, 2h13
    It's great. One little thing that I find ever so annoying is that there is no "stop" button, just a "pause" button. I know that isn't really a problem, but i wondered why a stop button wasn't added in the new design.

• For me everything is going like the previous one. Not one thing has happened

differently. The sound seems to be much better - it seems more clear. I like this.

It is working just like it did yesterday - so far .....

I truly like it ..... Frantastic job .... the selection of songs seem better, I listen

every day for 24 hours and to get new songs from my most favorite Artists is

really nice. Technically, nothing different seems to be going on!

The stop button as you refer to it are the two bars going straight up/down .....

Great job Last.fm

• I removed and reinstalled the beta, and I still seem to be having a problem that no one else has mentioned.

The client, after each song on the radio, stops playing. The only way to get it to start is to pause the "playing" song, and then click play again.

Is there some easy fix to this that I'm missing?

(Other than that rather huge problem, I'm loving it!)

Edit: Oh, and I'm running OS X 10.6.8.

• Last.fm beta on Mac OS 10.7.3

Finally a new version of the Last.fm app! Really looks nice. And after 6 months I am able to play CDs again without crashing iTunes!
    I like the Friends tab a lot.

The search dialogue for Spotify at each startup is very annoying. I am not using Spotify.

Would like to use last.fm instead of lastfm.de. Maybe this will happen when I can change the language settings.

When using iTunes the web page tells me that I am using the Last.fm desktop app, not recognizing iTunes as it did before.

Volume control using keyboard (command up and down) not working (controls in the menu bar is flashing but volume does not change). Also would be nice if I could navigate the sidebar using the keyboard.

When checking for updates each time I am getting an error message.

• Just downloaded and installed the new beta. Looks nice so far, but haven't had a thorough play with it yet.

I have come across one small problem though... I can't open iTunes anymore.
    The scrobbler plugin is causing iTunes to crash the moment I try to launch it.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

Back to the old version for now, it seems.

UPDATE: It was the iTunes plugin, as I expected. I deleted the new scrobbler plugin and replaced it with the old one from the previous version of the desktop app and all seems to be working now.

• Tranzoo disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2012, 10h28
    Everytime I begin playing a track, on 0:07 the timeline bellow "scrobbling from" will return 0:00, which effectively prevents me from scrobbling anything. Using radio station things seem to bee ok, but if I play something in my computer it doest this.

• :)

Editado por thaneel25 em Fev 15 2012, 11h19
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2012, 11h00
    I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3. The new Scrobbler looks nice, but seems to be a bit heavy on the CPU: about 12-13% when music is playing.

Is scrobbling of ipods/iphones with wifi sync finally supported? Can't seem to find anything about that here..

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2012, 11h02
    Btw, CPU usage of the last.fm app is high when *iTunes* is playing music. iTunes uses 1,6%, while last.fm is using 12,5% while just scrobbling. Way too much...

• gmaurice disse...
    • Alumni
    • Fev 15 2012, 11h16

Could not open media source: 101

Was listening to the client. Paused it.
    Started listening to a new track in Spotify.
    Then after doing various things reopened the client. It is showing details for the track I was listening on Spotify, but it says "Could not open media source: 101" at the top.

• ben-xo disse...
    • Equipe
    • Fev 15 2012, 11h30
    Veneman: the high CPU usage is a known issue to do with display rendering, you can work around this by clicking to a different tab inside the scrobbler such as the recent tracks tab.

Check out my latest Drum'n'Bass mixes at http://www.mixcloud.com/benxo (it scrobbles)
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.