Life before audioscrobbler

• Life before audioscrobbler

Do you ever wonder how you spent your day before AS?

I work full time, and spend all day looking around here when I get the chance, and productivity rates from me have fallen dramatically!

I didnt do much work before so AS has really sucked the last ounce of work out of me, but for the life of me i cant think how i slacked before?!

AS is class.

What did you all do before you started wasting your days in here...?

• avalyn2 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 30 2005, 18h23

Re: Life before audioscrobbler

Quoth g_clarkey:
    What did you all do before you started wasting your days in here...?

Talk to my wife, play with my children & do some real work during the daytime!
    But it feels like AS has been around forever even though it's only just over a year for myself.

Top Fans method keeps changing. This is the Old Top Fans formula with rationale. Discuss any Top Fans issues in the Top Fans Forum. Updated list of top obsessive fans here.
    My wife's handcrafted jewellery website www.startrishdesign.co.uk
  • Schoolwork.

now I'm failing everything.

But hey, I have nearly 10K tracks in my profile.

At a stage like this, you just have to ask yourself what's more important...

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 5 2005, 13h50
    I'll probably force myself to only come here during non-working hours because I waste way too much time otherwise.

• ralenth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 6 2005, 3h42
    I think I did schoolwork. I don't suppose I could blame AS if I fail out graduate school...

• There was life before Audio Scrobbler???

Can you give us more information on that please? ;)

• Hasn't really effected me, only that i've been listening to a lot more music then normal when I'm on the computer. But yeah, Can't wait until school starts, I'd be on this, and ASing (new word, i'm the best) for about a hour and working on my homework for about... 5 minutes, 10 at most. xP

leave me a shout!?
  • I can't say that it takes up my time, exactly. I already listened to music nonstop, so this is just natural to me. .. but if I were to give a number, I'd say 2+ hours a day =/

Sit back and watch... as the sky falls down.
    • IanAR disse...
    • Assinante
    • Set 1 2006, 5h41

LAUNCHcast

LadyParadis said:
    There was life before Audio Scrobbler???

Can you give us more information on that please? ;)

Yep, it was called LAUNCHcast :) - Ian

• Usuário
    • Set 8 2006, 19h19
    nothing changed much, just that I often go online just to check my last.fm page or submit tracks after joined AS.

• Usuário
    • Out 16 2006, 20h08
    before AS I just listened to music, now I'm more addicted to it than before AS, I mean I'm addicted to music in the good way (:

• Usuário
    • Out 30 2006, 4h44
    like some person above, since AS i've started listening to way to much music that is have affected my schoolwork =/ it distracts me and makes me forget what i learned during the day haha.

• IanAR disse...
    • Assinante
    • Out 30 2006, 5h54

Detremental Effect on Schoolwork

heartXcore__x said:
    way to much music that is have affected my schoolwork =/ it distracts me and makes me forget what i learned during the day haha.

Hi Amanda - A detrimental effect on schoolwork's bad :( I know what you mean. For me, it's the discovery of new music that's distracting - button pressing, researching, tagging, etc.

When I need to concentrate, I generally tune into my Loved Tracks or one of my PTTs, where I can get predictability good music, without the distraction of a discovery overhead.

You might like to try subscribing, so you can achieve this level of control and make brain-space for schoolwork. - Best, Ian

this messages should be allowed to be deleted

Editado por Perezchapa em Ago 5 2009, 15h43
    • Usuário
    • Nov 3 2006, 14h26
    Honestly, without AS, I wouldn't know half of the bands I do now. I'm forever thank full.

However, life before AS was boring. I was already doing horrible in class, now I'm royally fucked. Not that I care.

• Life before AS was boring, too. Aaand now I can meet people who share my taste and don't think it's shit. So it's great at the moment, even if I'm really obssessed!

• Usuário
    • Ago 8 2007, 3h20
    I actually had a life :(

• I had a life. Apart from joking, I was going on forums, something like this... this is a drug, I'm posting almost only on Last.FM!

The Big Afraid at
    • ojneto disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 10 2008, 16h04
    i was only mildly ocd. now it's full blown. it can only go down hill for me. but at least, i've got music to enjoy ^_^

"you're no longer sitting at home waiting for moments to come to you. you're out and you're going to the moments." - ian mackaye
  • I listened to music away from PC, but now I want to scrobble it all! I really need a laptotp downstairs in my room so I could listen to music like I did before - with large speakers and no people around.

• Spitt78 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 22 2008, 6h02
    The only thing it's done to me is made me completely obsessed with listening to my music. I have to be listening to music, it has to be scrobbled. I don't know why I'm so obsessive about it, I just am. Right now, I use Amarok for my regular scrobbling, Rockbox for my MP3 player scrobbling, and I just use the Last.FM library play or recommended music playback for listening when I'm away from home and can't listen to my MP3 player without getting caught, like in school when I should be doing some retarded program but I'm listening to music instead. So yeah, I'm just obsessed with getting my music logged, and I have to listen to more and more music, constantly.

• Re: Re: Life before audioscrobbler

But it feels like AS has been around forever even though it's only just over a year for myself.
    That's true :D as for me, I listened lots of music before registering there...Too bad I haven't heard about this site before... =/

• I had a Last.fm account for a while before I started using Audioscrobbler to the points of excess which I do. But those days were... Empty.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.