ALBUM OF THE YEARR!?!!

• Back on topic...

Thus far, my album of the year is A Weekend In the City

• I haven't listened to A Weekend In The City, but Bloc Party being mentioned on MTV makes me a little worried.

Best album I've heard so far this year is Broadcasting by Comeback Kid. One of the best hardcore albums I've heard in awhile.

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
  • t3h1337j35u5 said:
    I haven't listened to A Weekend In The City, but Bloc Party being mentioned on MTV makes me a little worried.

the new Bloc Party record is real good. it's different from Silent Alarm but in a totally good way. it's real nice. what do you mean "being mentioned on mtv"? they've been mentioned on mtv for a while.

• its either A Weekend in The City or Wincing The Night Away for me

• JiggabooShit said:
    its either A Weekend in The City or Wincing The Night Away for me

eek.
    you know it's only been six weeks.
    2007 record rating shouldn't start til at least may.
    this thread was in reference to 2006, it should die with the year it came with.
    Wincing was kind of disappointing, but still nice.
    besides, Deerhoof, Menomena and Of Montreal's records were the best of the year so far.

• Editado por beeradicalfowla em Fev 20 2007, 5h49
  • Dude, WTF are you talking about? Billy Talent blows, that's why we're knocking them. Who cares if the band is from Canada? Comeback Kid is from Canada and they're one of the best hardcore bands in years.

iwasneveryoung said:
    t3h1337j35u5 said:
    I haven't listened to A Weekend In The City, but Bloc Party being mentioned on MTV makes me a little worried.

the new Bloc Party record is real good. it's different from Silent Alarm but in a totally good way. it's real nice. what do you mean "being mentioned on mtv"? they've been mentioned on mtv for a while.

I listened to it, and you're right, it's good. I only just started seeing them get MTV play- didn't realize they've been on there for awhile.

But now it's me and luck
  • beeradicalfowla said:
    why are so many of you talking shit about billy talent? they are one of the best showsi've seen live. and for only 1 guitar, a bass and drums, i think they have excellent sound. their singer puts out so much energy and knows how to work a crowd. i think everyone just hates them cause they fall into the "canadian band" label. grow up

billy talent is a shitty, boring band.
    that's why we hate on them.
    srsly.

iwasneveryoung said:
    t3h1337j35u5 said:

I listened to it, and you're right, it's good. I only just started seeing them get MTV play- didn't realize they've been on there for awhile.
    yeah man, they had videos for three or four songs from Silent Alarm on mtv. they didn't get real heavy play, but they were there.

• Saosin

• beeradicalfowla said:
    why are so many of you talking shit about billy talent? they are one of the best showsi've seen live. and for only 1 guitar, a bass and drums, i think they have excellent sound. their singer puts out so much energy and knows how to work a crowd. i think everyone just hates them cause they fall into the "canadian band" label. grow up

billy talent is an awesome group

• Editado por beeradicalfowla em Fev 20 2007, 5h51
  • Your #1 band is Underoath. You are no longer allowed to say other people listen to crappy music.

sasalukac said:
    Saosin

You forgot to add "sucks ass" to the end of that.

But now it's me and luck
  • beeradicalfowla said:
    "billy talent is a shitty, boring band.
    that's why we hate on them.
    srsly."

the crap you listen to isn't shitty and boring?
    sorry im not with all of you billy talent haters out there.

no, a lot of the crap i listen to is intelligent and creative and pushing music in new directions. but most of all -- because it would really be incredibly pretentious to only listen to stuff like that -- i listen to fun music, or at least music whose poor-quality can be justified. billy talent's suckiness can't be justified, though. they're on a major label and put out music that plays directly into a fad. they jumped on the coattails of "hard-edged" pop-punk bands that are already popular and do nothing good or creative.

• ^^^What he said.

iwasneveryoung said:
    i listen to fun music, or at least music whose poor-quality can be justified.

I didn't know you listened to Anal Cunt.

But now it's me and luck

• Editado por beeradicalfowla em Fev 20 2007, 5h49
  • beeradicalfowla said:
    so much for the album of the year talk.

um.
    duh.
    this was for '06 best-album discussion.
    like i said, all 2007 best-album arguing really ought to wait til may, at least.
    just give it some time,
    billy talent will still suck then.

• t3h1337j35u5 said:
    ^^^What he said.

iwasneveryoung said:
    i listen to fun music, or at least music whose poor-quality can be justified.

I didn't know you listened to Anal Cunt.

only when i really hate myself. but it is a goodtime.

• Long live Seth Putnam.

beeradicalfowla said:
    half of the music that i listen to is either for drums, or personal interest. i dont care if you think they are shitty bands. fuck this forum. so much for the album of the year talk.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself by even paying attention to me saying they're shitty bands, right?

But now it's me and luck
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 20 2007, 18h58
    The live video on Anal Cunt's website is funny, one because Seth Putnam has to play in a wheelchair and two because Teenage Kicks is playing at the start on the PA system. Man I love the Undertones, haven't listened to them in ages. Think I will go do that now.

• I'd say either the new MM album (We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank) or the new Of Montreal album.
    Realizing this was for last year I'd say I liked the Devil and God are Raging Inside Me the best, but Decomposer is a close second.

• Notable new albums that haven't been mentioned:

-The new Lifetime kicks ass, it takes me back to the days of Jersey's Best Dancers.

-The Sainte Catherines' release Dancing For Decadence is a pretty good melodic hardcore/punk album and the song title The Shape Of Drunks To Come makes me laugh... it might be a little sad I know that reference so offhand.

CBK and Menomena have the best two releases so far though. Bloc Party is up there too.

But now it's me and luck
  • Nothing even comes close to Menomena for me so far this year. I'm so pumped for Ted Leo, though, so that should be interesting. It's a bitch to have to wait until the end of March, though.

• NickLopez said:
    I'm so pumped for Ted Leo, though, so that should be interesting. It's a bitch to have to wait until the end of March, though.

keep this on the downlow...but....it leaked!!! it's incredible. i tried so hard not to download it, but i snapped, and i snapped hard. i can't wait to get the 2xLP vinyl when it comes out! it's way better than Shake The Sheets, and maybe (maybe) even Biomusicology, but not Hearts of Oak, which is my favorite. it's really really really really really fucking awesome.

• Lol, i know it leaked. :) I'm trying sooo hard not to listen to it, though. It's killing me man.

• NickLopez said:
    Lol, i know it leaked. :) I'm trying sooo hard not to listen to it, though. It's killing me man.

dude just do it, and resolve yourself to buying the vinyl copy later and getting the cd of extra tracks.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.