Rarely mentioned, revolutionary black metal bands

• Rarely mentioned, revolutionary black metal bands

Recommendations for shamanistic, mind expanding trance:

Xasthur
    Blut Aus Nord
    Leviathan
    Deathspell Omega
    Diabolical Masquerade (Death's Design at least)
    Vesania

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 5 2007, 2h18
    die a violent death

• Usuário
    • Fev 5 2007, 4h44
    ahahhahaha.

The only thing that I'd consider listening to on that list is Leviathan. The rest has aids.

• How are these bands revolutionary?

• I'd take Leviathan off the list actually, as well as Xasthur.

I wouldn't say the list is necessarily 'rarely mentioned' and 'revolutionary' (ESPECIALLY the two I removed). I know more people that know or know OF those bands then don't, but I do agree that many of them are worth a listen; especially Blut Aus Nord's "Works...", Deathspell Omega's "Si Monvmentvm...", and Vesania's "God the Lux". Ithdabquth Qliphoth could be added to the list as a similar band, as well as many others.

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • Razor1984 said:
    How are these bands revolutionary?

Technically they are innovating the black metal genre by breathing life into it, synthesizing doom, industrial and existentialism into traditional black metal motifs while losing the hokey, unrealistic and laughable Hollywood satanism of the old Norwiegan brand.

The album "Kenose" by Deathspell Omega basically exemplifies the direction experimental black metal is going. I guess I don't care about the 'kvlt' and enjoy progression, both in thematics, technical skill and philosophy.

New methods of expression are being made by fusing elements of pre-existing styles, in turn creating unique styles. The existential journeys experienced in the avantgarde black metal simply weren't possible with the primitive bands which came before them.

• I disagree.

Genres that came before black metal don't need fusing into it.

What's needed is some direction. The Hollywood Satanism you mention is what happens in the absence of anything more exciting.

• Usuário
    • Dez 30 2009, 6h13
    Profanum? Peste Noire? Anaal Nathrakh?

• Heimdalls Wacht, I see as one quite unknown, but pretty good.

Hate is my only friend, pain is my father
    Torment is delight to me
    Death is my sanctuary, I seek it with pleasure
    Please let me die in solitude
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.