Music Doctor

• Music Doctor

Look over the last persons most played chart and give them a perscription to fix what is wrong with them.
    I for instance need more happy music
    -Jake

beth aven
    url=www.youtube.com/user/JakobVirgil/videos]My Short Films
    • mnsc disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 13 2007, 20h58
    "the last person" being the last person invited to 1%?

If so I would recommend amiwa to listen to some music made in the 21st century by women, eg. Juana Molina.

And please, diagnose me as well.

• you listen to your top group http://www.last.fm/music/Sylvain+Chauveau .756 % of the time and your top 500 only 80% of the time I have a conjecture that most people on last fm listen to their top 40 about that amount but more formal research has to be done.you have very good taste but I think you may have a slight case of the softies. I recommend a daily dose of no-wave for one week suicide (the band not the action),
    James Chance, Teenage Jesus or even some noisy post punk
    Birthday Party, Nation of Ulysses. But it is just a sniffle hardly anything to worry about at all.
    -Dr Jake.

beth aven
  • I'm feeling like I could use a little more Classical in my diet. I definitely prefer 20th Century to earlier, unless you get back to Baroque. It's all that Beethoven and Mahler and stuff inbetween that I don't have.

I'm working in a bit of Chinese music of various stripes, from classical or folk to modern.

"Quality is independent of genre." -- I said that.
  • since you came in with a particular complaint lets treat that first La Monte Young is the composer for you.

For the Chinese I don't have a recommendation but I do like how the scales used are so familiar -Penta-tonic-
    so sometimes blues melodies come up in the middle of Chinese classical pieces.
    -Jake
    Doctors please cure me of my snobbery.

beth aven
  • I might say that "open-minded snobbery" is not "snobbery" at all. I like to think that quality can be found in any genre if you're willing to give it a chance. I don't think that makes me a snob.

"Quality is independent of genre." -- I said that.
  • Oh I don't think that you are a snob It is me who is asking to be cured of snobbery.
    -Jake

beth aven
  • Jakob, we have "very high" musical compatibility, so I think you're pretty healthy. However, I think you could use some non-western music in your diet. I suggest you hear some Amadou & Mariam, from Mali.
    Also, if you want some happy music, try some Boy Least Likely To, Mates of State, or for upbeat catchy pop, Lily Allen. Maybe you should listen to only N*Sync and Christina Aguilera to find the merits to ultra pop and be cured of snobbery. It's an experimental shock treatment not for the faint of heart.

Music doctor, diagnose me. I may be getting too for my own good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    eatin rocks.
  • -rockeatin
    I was going to tell you to listen to real folk to cure you but you already have Blind Willie Mctell and Various others. So I am going to put you on a Phil Spector diet. The Ronnetes, The Shangri-las, The Crystals and I am going to add Big Star, The Zombies, Sucide and the Jesus and Mary Chain. Some Big Sound to combat the simple arangements of folk not that they need curing.
    -Jake

beth aven
  • Jakob one of those bands listed by the taste-o-meter BIG CITY ORCHESTRA is rad and all but they tend to release a lot of sub par albums amongst the hundreds which they release. Zoviet France can be thought of as a better less art faggy version of them.

• You have the english folk to industrial spectrum completly covered. I think you need to black it up. you need black american music. You need blues and not the smooth electric kind. Your prescription is Blind Willie McTell
    -Dr Jake

beth aven
    • yaxx disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 9 2008, 1h09
    JakobVirgil
    You have one of the healthiest lists I have seen for a long time!
    I'll have to perscribe !!! and The Mars Volta to you. I know they are not the most original perscriptions but since you're all healthy, they are to be considered as vitamine C and B12:)

P.S. As a reserve perscription if you ever need a chill pill I recommend Mulatu Astatke. An Ethiopian jazz artist:)

God is dead - you're on your own, mate! Relax though, and pull that stick out of your ass. Everything is gonna be fine, just stop fighting over that last piece of cake. Yeah OK, I'll have it....thanks
    • yaxx disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 9 2008, 23h53
    Any perscriptions for me? I eat all sorts of pills...:p

God is dead - you're on your own, mate! Relax though, and pull that stick out of your ass. Everything is gonna be fine, just stop fighting over that last piece of cake. Yeah OK, I'll have it....thanks
  • Pearls Before Swine.
    Betty Boop <not the polish girl group the cartoon> you could listen to Helen Kane or Baby Estherbut since they are not cartoons they are not as good and I like it when Mae Questrel sings anyway.
    And when ever I see Nick cave and talking heads on the same charts I always think of The Wolfgang Press but with the advent of The Black Heart Procession they are less needed.
    I think this should help you be more you.
    -Jake

beth aven
  • steam stream

Hi Jake.

I think you need to listen to less music, more steam. Sadly, presently, there isn't much steam available on last.fm, but one lives in hope. I love steam, but you'd hardly know this by looking at my charts. If you find any steam let me know.

A little desperately

Alasdair

xx

use combo.fm and discover the hidden delights of last.fm
  • I only like to listen to steam live.
    your prescription is The Archiesand
    cartoon music will save us all
    -JakeTommy Roe

beth aven
  • xylitol xyitol

Listening to The Archies right now !! Feelin So Good!! Many many thanks Doctor Jake...

Love Alasdair

xxx

use combo.fm and discover the hidden delights of last.fm
  • I hope it does not rot those beautiful choppers of yours.
    -Jake

beth aven
    • Laxarsel disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 20 2011, 12h44
    Is the doctor still in? Any prescriptions for me?

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.