• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 26 2012, 23h22
    lawynd said:
    I'd like to confirm for you all that the public library in King's Lynn is actually shit. Don't bother with it, you'll only end up disappointed.

I wasn't planning to, to be bluntly honest, but thanks for the heads-up anyway!... :3

• George Bernard Shaw

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

How could you do this to a man so close to being cured?
    • Usuário
    • Abr 27 2012, 16h45
    Selfsurprise said:
    lawynd said:
    I'd like to confirm for you all that the public library in King's Lynn is actually shit. Don't bother with it, you'll only end up disappointed.

I wasn't planning to, to be bluntly honest, but thanks for the heads-up anyway!... :3
    No one was ever thinking of going, whether it was to close or not :p King's Lynn? Why? :P

~~~~~

"Ugh holy fuck, Sarah Silverman has to be the least funny person on this planet, supposing the likeliness of life on other planets, I'd like to elect her for least funny life form in existence. She's fucking reprehensibly annoying"

- A friend

Well someone had to say it eventually...

• Jam Jam Jam...

• "It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so." -Mark Twain

I know, it’s the same as my sig.

“art is what you can get away with.” –Andy Warhol

• - Marilyn Monroe

MEPHOBIA - The fear of becoming so awesome that the human
    race can't handle it and everybody dies.
    • Usuário
    • Abr 27 2012, 23h39
    Electr0m3t3r said:
    Jam Jam Jam...

=D

Irish literary legends are true.

• lawynd disse...
    • Assinante
    • Abr 30 2012, 17h50
    DaddyPobbin said:
    No one was ever thinking of going, whether it was to close or not :p King's Lynn? Why? :P
    Because that's where my family are from, you cheeky twat. =P

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • Usuário
    • Mai 1 2012, 0h11
    lawynd said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    And?

Wynd's are only a tourist attraction in Edinburgh :P

~~~

Watching Mad Men this morning made me realise that guys don't light a lady's cigarette anymore. Despite the social stigma of smoking these days, it's gentlemanly and rather classy.

Keep your eyes on local papers for a mysery-serial-cigarette-lighter, pouncing out of the shadows to light a dame's feg, before vanishing into the night.

- A friend

• lawynd disse...
    • Assinante
    • Mai 1 2012, 7h02
    DaddyPobbin said:
    lawynd said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    And?

Wynd's are only a tourist attraction in Edinburgh :P
    They're Venemore's, the Wynd's are all from Luton and Dumfries. =P

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • Absurd93 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 9 2012, 16h53
    "Robbers of the world, having by their universal plunder exhausted the land, they rifle the deep. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if he be poor, they lust for dominion; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a solitude and call it peace (ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant)."

From Calgacus's speech, recorded in Tacitus's Agricola 29-32. (http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/readings/agricola.html).

• Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present.

- Nietzsche

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen em Abr 17 2014, 1h15
    • Usuário
    • Mai 11 2012, 0h20
    “Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a donut because you're on a diet.”

- Seth Rogen

• Usuário
    • Mai 11 2012, 0h53
    "Rebellions of the belly are the worst."

"Also, when discords, and quarrels, and factions are carried openly and audaciously, it is a sign the reverence of government is lost"

- Francis Bacon, 'Of Seditions And Troubles'

~~~~

"Jesus wept"

- John, 11: 35

• Usuário
    • Mai 11 2012, 5h20
    Journalist: "What's it like to be Black and Irish?"

Lynott: ."A bit like bein' a pint of Guinness"

- Phil Lynott, (Thin Lizzy)

• hiiiiiii

I like Shakespeare,, Buddha ,M.G Gandhi Quotes...............

A true man never hates others........

• Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 0h34
    "God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organised religion!"

- Superintendent Chalmers , The Simpsons

• DaddyPobbin said:
    Journalist: "What's it like to be Black and Irish?"

Lynott: ."A bit like bein' a pint of Guinness"

- Phil Lynott, (Thin Lizzy)

He's an idol of mine. Seriously slick dude.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    - Friedrich Nietzche

• Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 8h00
    "If I win, I am American, not a black American. But if I did something bad, then they would say I am a Negro. We are black and we are proud of being black. Black America will understand what we did tonight." ~ Tommie Smith

• “Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean just that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be.” - Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden

“Get beyond love and grief: exist for the good of Man.”
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • ^ I love that one.

"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."
    - Banksy

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another."
    - Madonna

• “Centuries ago, sailors on long voyages used to leave a pair of pigs on every deserted island. Or they'd leave a pair of goats. Either way, on any future visit, the island would be a source of meat. These islands, they were pristine. These were home to breeds of birds with no natural predators. Breeds of birds that lived nowhere else on earth. The plants there, without enemies they evolved without thorns or poisons. Without predators and enemies, these islands, they were paradise. The sailors, the next time they visited these islands, the only things still there would be herds of goats or pigs. .... Does this remind you of anything? Maybe the ol' Adam and Eve story? .... You ever wonder when God's coming back with a lot of barbecue sauce?”
    ~Chuck Palahniuk

• "You can Wish in one hand and Shit in the other and see which one gets filled first!"
    - my Grandfather

Haha, I love it to this day!
    Nothing against wishes, but sometimes it rings true!!

• hahaha your grandfather sounds like a wonderful human!

"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."
    — Sherlock Holmes

"Neither novels or their readers benefit from attempts to divine whether any facts hide inside a story. Such efforts attack the very idea that made-up stories can matter, which is sort of the foundational assumption of our species."
    — John Green

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.