Fórum » General Discussion

Post a photo of your city / town / village!

• Cincinnati!

Turn the camera 90 degrees and you'll probably see several shootings taking place. I do love Findlay Market though.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 13 2012, 2h24
    Naijca said:

My God, Norway is the most beautiful country in the world. My grandma, who was from Sweden, went to her grave bragging about how great the Scandinavian countries are, and I believe her. I need a place with fjords!

• XJ220RACER said:

My God, Norway is the most beautiful country in the world. My grandma, who was from Sweden, went to her grave bragging about how great the Scandinavian countries are, and I believe her. I need a place with fjords!

I've always wanted to visit the Scandinavian countries, always heard they are some of the best places on Earth to live.

I live in good old H-town

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
    • Dh4mpir disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 13 2012, 4h32
    Reno, Nevada. Moved here from California and well I suppose its not so bad. No last call and legal prostitution what more could you ask for right? haha

Truckee river

And once a year about 30 miles north, Burning Man

• yellowcarpet said:
    DANCECORPS said:
    yellowcarpet said:
    I live in Glasgow.

Have you been stabbed yet? ;)

(Just kidding...my family are from there originally, haha)

Sadly not

Have you shagged a sheep yet? ;)

Sadly not :P

• yellowcarpet said:
    Is it just me or does there seem to be too many Scottish people on this forum?

Thought the exact same thing haha

Cutzy said:
    Selfsurprise said:
    Cutzy said:

(Beyond the cooling towers is Meadowhall Shopping Centre. 'Meadow-hell' as many call it, rakes it a hell of a lot of money though)

I think people are very unfair about cooling towers, and brutalist/functional architecture in general. Having grown up in the Midlands I can't help loving the industrial and very 'unnatural' environment I live in. It might be a stark and damaged beauty, but I find it beautiful nethertheless. Whilst I can't offer any informed opinions about cooling towers regarding their environmental impact or the effects of living close to such dramatic structures, I actually sort of like them. To me they look like an enormous Katja Strunz sculpture, or a site of alien pre-human worship.

Maybe i'm just a bit weird... ;p

I used to love those cooling towers so I'm not gunna call you weird at all :P

Around 10,000 people saw their destruction. It kinda put some perspective on how much of a loved landmark they were.

THAT IS ONE BIG ASS SHOPPING CENTRE. O_O

Btw, been to Sheffield a good few times in my youth. Really cool city!

DaddyPobbin said:
    Just gonna quote:

DaddyPobbin said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Belfast,

Irish: Béal Feirste

The shared history, the language, the scenery/parks , the centuries old bars, tradition, the music and night life, the politics, the film industry, the women =]

Stormont:The Parliamentary buildings where they do very little parliamentary work

View from the Hill

Malone House, Barnett's Demesne, Lagan valley

Belfast City Hall

Donegall Place

Art Deco Belfast

Grand Central

Elephants

Bank of Ireland

Some of Charle's Lanyon's works:

No.1 Custom House Square

Albert Clock

Queens University Belfast [QUB] in the Uk's top 20

Whites Tavern: The Oldest Bar in Belfast that I frequent.

Bittles Bar

Duke of York

Dalí & the entry

Crown Bar:

Europa: The Most bombed hotel in Europe [and they tell you that when you check in]

St Annes/Cathedral Quarter

New Lyric Theatre on the embankment

Grand Opera House

'The Balls on the Falls', Falls Road

(Mad Bastards)

Titanic Museum Belfast

The Paint House (to the left of the Museum) is where they film Game of Thrones

Looking to the Docks, Harland and Wolff cranes, Samson and Goliath

Cave Hill/Belfast Castle

'Peace walls' separating nationalist an unionist communities, one of the last divided cities in Europe.

Bobby Sands MP, hunger striker, martyr to Irish Republicanism#

Mural of Belfast born C.S. Lewis (of Narnia fame)

More Belfast murals: http://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/512138/519#f12573286

Didn't realize Belfast was so visually stunning! Will need to pay it a visit sometime I think :)

• Usuário
    • Mai 14 2012, 19h21
    Do come, there's shed loads going on =]

The night life's alright, the cafe culture leaves much to be desired but there is no lack of culture and arts and nice pubs.

Cheaper than Dublin and the majority of British cities too.

~~~

The Merchant Hotel (bottom left and centre) has the world's most expensive Cocktail

Elmwood Hall (Opera)

Cultúrlann McAdam Ó Fiaich (Irish language library, theatre, exhibition, cafe)

Spires Shopping Centre

University of Ulster Belfast campus (They've huge campuses all over)

Victoria Sq.

Waterfront

The Ulster Museum
    (It beat three other shortlisted institutions, including the UK's oldest public museum, Oxford's Ashmolean)

Botanic Gardens

Cresent Art Centre

The new MET (Metropolitan Art Centre)

The Ulster Hall(150th anniversary - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17964509)

Red Hot Chili Peppers play special gig at The Ulster Hall for the MTV EMA's

The Ulster Hall: A select chronology.

Built in 1862 - making it older than the Royal Albert Hall, London

•Dickens read there in 1867 and 1869.

1874 - John Tyndall's 'Belfast Address'

1886 - Randolph Churchill's speech against Home Rule

1909 - James Joyce tries to buy the Ulster Hall for use as a cinema

•February 1912 - Winston Churchill is locked out by unionists

•September 1912 - 'Ulster Day' rally is held in the hall before Unionists marched to City Hall to sign the Ulster covenant

1936 - Paul Robeson, singer of 'Ol Man River' performed, the son of an American slave, turned civil rights activist said at his concert "I've been made to feel you people understand me, the warmth of your welcome has gone to my heart".

1942 - The dance floor gives way during the war

1964 - The Rolling Stones played, but it was too much for many young girls who fainted during the concert

March 1971 - Led Zeppelin played Stairway To Heaven for the first time

1977 - The Clash gig was cancelled, kick starting Belfast's 'Punk era'

July 1980 - Dexy's Midnight Runners fans broke the solid oak dance floor, bought by the American embassy during the war

2000 - The Dali Lama gave a guest lecture for Amnesty International

~~~

Best bars and clubs:

Lavery's

Empire Music and Comedy Hall

M Club/Benedicts

Odyssey Belfast (Arena+Belfast Giant's Ice Hockey+nightclubs etc.)

Spring & Airbrake/Katy Daly's (big gigs)

Custom House Square ( Large Events)

McHughs

John Hewitt (Intellectuals, poets, musicians, working class)

Filthy McNasty's Belfast

Red Telephone Box *shrugs*

15 tonne sign for the Titanic Museum Belfast

Editado por um usuário excluído em Mai 14 2012, 23h29
  • Seattle! Oh baby babe. I love it here.
    I think it gets a bad rep. A lot of people feel really out of their element here, but it suits me, you know?

Btw, the skyline is beautiful - but it's no match for what's inside the city.

Looking toward Mt. Ranier...

This is our public library. ;D

• philomathy said:
    Seattle! Oh baby babe. I love it here.
    I think it gets a bad rep. A lot of people feel really out of their element here, but it suits me, you know?

Btw, the skyline is beautiful - but it's no match for what's inside the city.

Looking toward Mt. Ranier...

This is our public library. ;D

I've always wanted to move to seattle. It seems amazing all year round!

Anywho,

San Jose is whatevers. I never have anything to do. I don't like hockey so I don't go to the Sharks' games. On the brighter side, my local area has a ton of comic shops.

Check out my band www.facebook.com/KWeekend

• Joensuu, Finland.
    Actually I'm not living there, that's just the nearest town.

• Come visit us in Seattle! We're welcoming people, if a little snotty about our music scene. :P And yeah, there's always something going on, no matter what the season - we're used to shit weather so we don't let that stop us.

Wow, that bit of Finland looks wonderful. I've been to Denmark and Sweden but never Norway or Finland. Both are still on my list of goals.

• philomathy said:
    Come visit us in Seattle! We're welcoming people, if a little snotty about our music scene. :P And yeah, there's always something going on, no matter what the season - we're used to shit weather so we don't let that stop us.

Wow, that bit of Finland looks wonderful. I've been to Denmark and Sweden but never Norway or Finland. Both are still on my list of goals.

I hear Seattle's music scene is booming so I guess I could see why hahah. I love the weather there! Cali is too sunny for my taste.

Check out my band www.facebook.com/KWeekend

• ^ I propose a trade :p

• Crimxcrim said:
    Cali is too sunny for my taste.

There's such a thing as "too sunny"!? O_O

• I used to think so. I hated the heat and sun until about 3 years ago when I realised it's a precious commodity. But I can totally get people who aren't into hotter climates.

• philomathy said:
    I used to think so. I hated the heat and sun until about 3 years ago when I realised it's a precious commodity. But I can totally get people who aren't into hotter climates.

Hotter climates I can understand, but sunshine? I guess these people must have the reverse of seasonal affective disorder or something....

• BUMP!

Let's see some more pics ;)

• Downtown Louisville, Kentucky in all it's glory.

Home of the Kentucky Derby and the only reason people care about our fair city f**k you and your horse racing I happen to live a few streets over from this place, it gets super crowded around the neighborhood during April.
    I really wish I lived somewhere else.

It's early and bright out, the sun swallowed me.
    tumblr
    • Usuário
    • Mai 22 2012, 16h38
    [/awes at the last page in all its phatasmagorical glory]

Thanks for making Tamworth look really shit guys... ;3

• Kennoth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 23 2012, 0h49
    Dammit guys, you don't have to quote every picture...

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• A picture of my pitiful city (Auckland) from up upon Mount Eden.

Leave my a's alone.
  • Here are some pictures of Antwerp, Belgium:

The cathedral:

The famous railway Station: Antwerp Central Station. It has been choosen as 3rd most beautiful station in the world! It has a giant iron construction mady by Gustaf Eiffel, yes the builder of the Eiffel tower in Paris :)

Inside the station:

Don't think there are just 6 tracks, this station has 3 floors where trains stop.

There's also a medieval castle: Het Steen (The Stone)

Last but not least, the port of Antwerp: the second largest of Europe:

It's just my style!
    • Skiye disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mai 23 2012, 18h10

Editado por Skiye em Mai 23 2012, 18h21
  • This is the street where i live, i took it by using 4S

• Stef-Style said:
    Here are some pictures of Antwerp, Belgium:

The cathedral:

The famous railway Station: Antwerp Central Station. It has been choosen as 3rd most beautiful station in the world! It has a giant iron construction mady by Gustaf Eiffel, yes the builder of the Eiffel tower in Paris :)

Inside the station:

Don't think there are just 6 tracks, this station has 3 floors where trains stop.

There's also a medieval castle: Het Steen (The Stone)

Last but not least, the port of Antwerp: the second largest of Europe:

Hell yeah, f**king LOVE Antwerp! (The place holds special memories for me, my first ever overseas gig was there.) :D

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.