Fórum » General Discussion

Music before 2000's

• Music before 2000's

do you listen to it?, or prefer to listen current music? I noticed my charts are almost all releases or bands are from 2000s +

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 17h15
    It deserves a fair chance like anything else at least for a for few times

• My charts are made up mostly of bands that made their name in the 90's.

• Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 17h29
    I only listen music from 2000 BC.

• Yes, I still listen to it but mostly on vinyl. most of what I listen to 2000 onwards isn't main stream though. Not good enough!

• Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 18h25
    Listening to old music is pointless, leave that to old people. Only music from 2010s matters.

• Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 18h43
    Early hardcore/gabber relases from 1993-1999
    Death metal & thrash metal albums from 80's.

• xenthrax said:
    Listening to old music is pointless, leave that to old people. Only music from 2010s matters.

Seriously? Music is meant to be remembered too. Nowadays, I only hear lousy lyrics and rhytms with cocky vocalists.

"Talent develops itself in solitude; character in the stream of life." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    • artheta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 19h00
    Most of my library, but by no means all, is from the 80s or 90s. So... yes.

• Usuário
    • Abr 3 2012, 19h08
    Although i'd always advocate new music - or to be precise defend the 00's from overzealous retro-whingers - theres plenty of older bands/songs I enjoy.

Current 93 - From the hard to find 12" split vinyl Nightmare Culture with Sickness Of Snakes, released in 1985. Back when David Tibet was at his most industrial and bizarre, you won't find any of his usual strains of surrealist folk he is known for today.

Death in June - From the 1983 album The Guilty Have No Pride. It definately has the distinctly English martial qaulity that infuses Douglas Pearce's recent output, but it still retains that uniquely 80's skewed pseudopunk post-Crisis darkness.

Trevor Wishart - From his 1973 record Journey Into Space. Trevor Wishart has been experimenting with tapes, early computer software, his own manipulated and digitally treated voice in order to make a unique and utterly alien brand of music since the 70's - and he's still going!

The Hypnotist - And now for something completly different! Rave masterpiece from 1991. I like how 'cut n' paste' and choppy old school dance music sounds.

• yes. lots of it.

• No. Not much of it. :P

• I've got a nice mix going, I think. The newer music I listen to, I mainly enjoy because of good times with friends. Also, I like a wide variety of genres.

"Happiness can be found, even at the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore
  • i have a lot of pre-2000s bands, but i've recently been OBSESSED with Mastodon, whose first album came out in 2001, i think?

• Usuário
    • Abr 4 2012, 3h00
    I would say 1/4 from the 1990's, 3/4 from 2000-present. A couple of bands I like, such as Muse and Kula Shaker, were just starting to make their first albums in the late 90's. Plus, Oasis, the #1 artist in my library with almost 8,000 plays, made most of their best music from 1994-2000.

• Some of my most fondest musical memories are all pre-2000s..

Especially BSB. <3

Still love them.

• Most of my library is pre 2000, so I have a great appreciation for 20th century music. In saying that there has been plenty of great music sense.

"Everyday I'm Scrobbling"
    • holly75 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 4 2012, 13h08
    I'd have to say the majority of the music I listen to is pre-2000. I have music ranging from the 1950s to current.

xenthrax said:
    lol....WHAT?

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
  • 90's music is my favourite decade for nostalgia's sake but 2010+ is pretty damn fine atm.

• MJFreak disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 4 2012, 16h04
    I'm mostly to 60's, 70's, 80's a bit 90's. but yeah sometimes i listen to music from the 2000's

• The first 17 years of my life were pre2000 so naturally that makes up a large ammount of what I listen too. Even if I were born much later I think I would still have a desire to dig into the past and find the influences (the roots so to speak) of todays music. I listen to a lot of stuff that pre-dates my life and even my parents lives. I Also think it's important to stay current. Present-day music is something people tend to lose touch with as they age. I refuse to let that happen.

.this is our bomb.
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.