Fórum » Last.fm Client Support

Don't works scrobbler with iOS 5 beta

• Don't works scrobbler with iOS 5 beta

I use iTunes 10.5 beta on OS X 10.6.7 and iPhone 4 with iOS 5 beta.
    In this environment, Last.fm scrobbler 1.5.4 do not scrobble.

It's just report.

hiro at qli
  • Mine hasn't been scrobbling either with the new iTunes/iOS 5

• ebarrera disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 15 2011, 17h28

iTunes 10.5

I have installed iTunes 10.5 on one machine and the scrobbler doesn't work with iOS 5 or iOS 4.3

~[ebarrera]#end
    • twanb disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 15 2011, 18h30
    iTunes 10.5b on my MacBook Pro doesn't work either

• The same here

• My iTunes is scrobbling fine, but it's not taking any scrobbles from my iPhone :(

• mefurgly disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 25 2011, 7h28
    can't take scrobbles from iPod Classic with iTunes 10.5 beta

can't roll back to iTunes 10.3 because ".itl file created by previous version of itunes"

please add scrobble support for 10.5

• nswint disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 25 2011, 22h45
    The scrobbler may need to be backgrounded to function. I don't think that the music app works the same in ios5 because you can now cut the cord and sync wirelessly. You may need to add an observer to watch the notification center when media starts and capture the title, album, and artist.

• josho493 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 27 2011, 6h29
    Yeah hopefully this will be updated soon because with every iOS 5 update when I restore my phone I lose all previous scrobbles because the data has to all be re-synced!

• "Launch last.fm with iTunes" setting does not work any more. If you launch it manually, it scrobbles from iTunes. However, iPod/iPhone scrobbling does not work any more (This is iOS 5.0 Beta 2)

• jonocole disse...
    • Alumni
    • Jun 28 2011, 13h59
    Hey, I'm debugging this at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up and watch this space for a fix.

Can I also get some info on whether people are using Windows or OSX?

• josho493 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 28 2011, 15h59
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm using OSX Lion but I was also using Snow Leopard last week and was having this problem on there too.

• OS X 10.6.8, iTunes 10.5 beta 2, iOS 5 beta 2, it's not scrobbling music from the iPhone

• RevUp64 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 30 2011, 15h46
    Running OSX Lion and iTunes 10.5b2 as well. Scrobbling from iTunes works fine for me, scrobbling from iPhone no longer works at all.

• OS X 10.6.8 with iTunes 10.5b2, iOS 5.0 build 2 on iPhone 4.

Scrobbling didn't work on the previous build of iOS 5 or iTunes beta either.

• i can get by without iPhone scrobbling, but now scrobbling tracks i play from iTunes doesn't even work! Oh well, that's what I get for using beta software...

• josho493 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 13 2011, 6h15

Any Updates?

@jonocole Just wondering if you could provide us with an update on the progress of the fix? I know we probably wont be able to expect a working update until after the final release of iTunes and/or iOS5, but I'm sure some of us would also be willing to beta test some software and provide feedback if that would help!

Thanks, long live last.fm! I cant wait to get my iOS scrobbleing working again!

• ebarrera disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 13 2011, 22h05
    I have iTunes 10.5 beta 3 and iOS 5 beta 3.

~[ebarrera]#end
    • jonocole disse...
    • Alumni
    • Jul 25 2011, 15h50

Possible fix

I've been trying to debug the problem and have a possible fix.

Try the following and let me know how you get on:

1) download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/AudioScrobbler.bundle-250711.zip
    2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

• Thanks for the update!!! I followed your instructions and it grabbed the scrobbles from my iPod, and it opened Last.fm.

Thank you SO much! :D

• Re: Possible fix

jonocole said:

2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

That works for me, too. It didn't lose from last weekend anything.

• Skezz disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 25 2011, 20h19
    It's not worked for me. I've lost a lot of scrobbles. Is it likely to get a permanent fix?

jonocole said:

Perfect! Finally iPod scrobbling is working again - thank you!!

Note: I still use Max OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 but upgraded to Itunes 10.4 some days ago.

jonocole said:

3) restart iTunes

if you were a girl I would kiss you in the face. thanks!

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.