Fórum » Last.fm Client Support

Multiple Scrobbling

• Multiple Scrobbling

Hi there. :)
    So I got a last.fm account around 3 weeks ago or so, and it was fine for 1 week-ish. Then all of a sudden, when I plugged my ipod in, it would either double scrobble, or scrobble the song three to six times, and it's still doing that. (I think this started happening when I updated the software.)

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Oh and here's the version and stuff:
    Version 1.5.0.24910
    iTunes plugin, version 3.0.0.13

• [bump]

I'm getting the same problem!

I've noticed that if I use itunes to listen to a track that is on my ipod, it gets scrobbled directly from itunes, but when I unplug the ipod and replug it back in, it scrobbles the same listen again.

i think there is a bug in the ipod scrobbling.

• Before getting into further details please check the FAQs linked in this other thread about similiar problems.

"Una sera io, Slash e mia madre siamo andati insieme ad ubriacarci in un bar" - Dave Grohl
  • Hmm it's still not working. If you look at my Recently Played Tracks, the ones that got scrobbled when I plugged in my iPod are mostly listed 2-4 times in a row. =s

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 6 2008, 2h56
    I have the same issue. I manually manage my iPod, but I don't listen to the iPod through iTunes, which is the issue mentioned in the FAQs. It actually just happened: I connected my iPod, the software asked me if I wanted to scrobble the tracks, and when I did, they showed up as being played twice, three times, sometimes six times. And it's only certain tracks.

• Another thing to check could be the "consistency" of yours iTunes music library. For instance checking that there aren't any double entries or double files for the same song.
    There is a specific feature in iTunes called "consolidate library" wich will copy all your music in the default folder taking care of removing duplicates,etc.

"Una sera io, Slash e mia madre siamo andati insieme ad ubriacarci in un bar" - Dave Grohl
    • Usuário
    • Jul 20 2008, 16h16
    I do have duplicates of some songs (live album vs. studio album), but I'm pretty anal about my music library and I don't have duplicate files. Also, the duplication doesn't occur in the files where I might have two instances of the same song.

• dougma disse...
    • Alumni
    • Jul 21 2008, 18h36

Re: Multiple Scrobbling

tangerine-trees said:
    Hi there. :)
    So I got a last.fm account around 3 weeks ago or so, and it was fine for 1 week-ish. Then all of a sudden, when I plugged my ipod in, it would either double scrobble, or scrobble the song three to six times, and it's still doing that. (I think this started happening when I updated the software.)

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Oh and here's the version and stuff:
    Version 1.5.0.24910
    iTunes plugin, version 3.0.0.13

I reckon it's a limitation of the ipod... for each song the ipod stores the play count and the last-time played. So if you listen to a song a couple of times between docking - then last.fm has multiple scrobbles to upload, but only one time to associate with them.

That's my conclusion anyway after analysing my scrobbles. :)

• arkan disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jul 22 2008, 19h47
    only females are allowed to have multiple scrobbles. If you are male, you have to wait 19 minutes between scrobbles.

• Same thing happening for me. Some double, triples and more scrobbles. All dupes have the same time scrobbled and if you delete one...and then refresh...they all are gone. Very sporadic as it doesn't happen every time I connect the iPod

• And you haven't listened to the track more than once?

If you listen to the same track more than once and then scrobble your iPod, it will count each play as a separate scrobble, and the track will be listed two or three or however many times in a row in your recent plays list, even if the actual listening times were widely spaced.

(Um, which is actually what dougma already said better...)

But my point is that it's not clear from the OP if the tracks were played on the iPod multiple times before scrobbling. If they were, then it's working correctly though it looks weird.

• signhere disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 26 2008, 17h11

Re: Re: Multiple Scrobbling

dougma said:

I reckon it's a limitation of the ipod... for each song the ipod stores the play count and the last-time played. So if you listen to a song a couple of times between docking - then last.fm has multiple scrobbles to upload, but only one time to associate with them.

That's my conclusion anyway after analysing my scrobbles. :)

I'm having troubles with the multiple scrobbling too and this is definitely not the case.

I'll unplug my iPod from the computer (having not listened to any tracks on either iTunes or the iPod while it was plugged in) and listen to just one playlist of 30 songs during the day (none repeat). Later, when I plug my iPod back in and let the client scrobble the iPod tracks, it will show some songs having been played 2 - 6 times in a row with the same time stamp.

So playing a playlist of just 30 songs will sometimes yield up to anywhere from 50 to 180 plays, depending on how the last.fm client decides to arbitrarily scrobble the tracks.

• signhere disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 27 2008, 4h51
    so in other words... does anyone have any kind of actual solution for this?

• Usuário
    • Set 12 2008, 21h57
    I'm still having the same problem and there doesn't look to be a solution. It's clear to me that it's some kind of software bug, but I guess it doesn't make enough of an impact.

• I have a manually managed iPod Classic & iTunes 8 on Mac OS X 10.4 and since i upgraded to itunes 8, some songs randomly scrobble twice, even though i checked the option "always confirm iPod scrobbles" and ALWAYS verify that the songs from my iPod that i listened through iTunes don't get scrobbled again with the songs that i only listened through my iPod...

ps : and no, they're not songs that i listened twice...

• progtym disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 14 2008, 8h46
    Yeah it's definitely the case with my iPod that if I play songs multiple times before docking they will be scrobbled with the same time stamp. Very annoying!

• Sanjit disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 7 2008, 14h21
    Itunes 8 and Scrobbler 1.5.2.38918
    Songs scrobble twice for me too.. :(

Need more songs...Ne donation of music accepted...;)
  • I get this problem, too. After scrobbling only from my iTunes using iScrobbler for several years, I switched to the official Last.fm scrobbling software and began scrobbling my iPod as well. I assumed that what was happening was that it was counting all the times I listened to a particular song on my iPod from before I started scrobbling from it, but it just gave them all the same timestamp for some reason. Could this be the case?

• Is the way iTunes collect multiple listenings: one entry with the latest play timestamp and the total playcounts.
    Is just a matter of how this data is displayed, it doesn't really affects stats or charts.

• I can't get my iPod Touch recognised under tools>options>ipods. Is there a way around it?

• double scrobbles

i dn't use an ipod. i hav double scrobbles for all the songs i listen to only once.
    it started just today. i didnt update or change the settings

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Itunes 8.0.1 (11)
    Last.fm 1.5.3.45507

-:etheking:-
    • Sam2604 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 28 2008, 13h04

This is a joke!

Look at my last scrobbles on my page!

I definitely haven't listened to Set Your Goals more than once this month, and look. This is ridiculous, NEEDS to be fixed.

• Same problem here

I don't have an iPod - just iTunes (v. 7.7) - but as of this afternoon Last.fm has been listing each scrobbled play twice. Deleting one copy from Recently Listened Tracks removes both copies. Although I didn't need to, I have tried consolidating my iTunes library - but the problem remains.

• Re: Same problem here

monnyjcintosh said:
    I don't have an iPod - just iTunes (v. 7.7) - but as of this afternoon Last.fm has been listing each scrobbled play twice. Deleting one copy from Recently Listened Tracks removes both copies. Although I didn't need to, I have tried consolidating my iTunes library - but the problem remains.

To add: nothing has changed at my end since this morning - when everything was last working normally.

• Same problems for me. Everything that I have listened to since Friday has been scrobbled twice. When I tried to delete one of the two copies from the list of recently listened tracks, both copies were removed. Everything was working fine before then.

I take it that there's no way of getting scrobbles that you have deleted back?

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.