Fórum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

 
    • rwitte disse...
    • Assinante
    • Abr 27 2010, 18h46

    Re: Play time

    McZlik said:

    Sow that you don't only know how many time you listen to an artist, but also how long!


    Meanwhile http://www.normalisr.com

    • Babs_05 disse...
    • Moderador
    • Abr 30 2010, 0h46
    When we hit Send on a PM, please can they go faster?

    • The_Dork disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 30 2010, 8h15
    Two ideas:

    - Bring back the 'Find Friends' interface
    - Bring back full tracks

    • Cl_Cl_ disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 30 2010, 11h25
    New idea : delete this ugly play button on artist preview pics, it rapes beautiful photos in my opinion

    • Skiye disse...
    • Event Moderator
    • Mai 1 2010, 13h54
    ideas for artist pages and status page?

    notifications to the music manager's/user's profile for all comments from their artist pages (track, album, profile)?
    its hard to keep up with track comments especially...is there already an easy way someone knows of to accomplish this that i am unaware of?

    also, maybe a system status update on this page http://status.last.fm/ for "Music Manager RSS News Feeds". I seem to have a bit of trouble seeing the latest info from the feed on the artist page still and wondering if that info is available so I don't have to bother you guys.
    Do the news feeds on the pages update on a scheduled interval?

    thanks!!!!

    ~Skiye

  • I'd really like to be able to love not just a song, but an artist as a whole. I think it would be interesting to have a button next to an artist's name, similar to "Add friend."

    However, the real reason I propose this is because I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

    I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.

    • gwalla disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 2 2010, 6h37
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

    I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.
    You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)

    • akrde disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 2 2010, 9h32
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

    I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.
    You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)


    The problem with tagging artists for bookmarking purposes is that you add these artists with all their tracks to your personal library also, which is often not wanted.

    • Tecfan disse...
    • Event Moderator
    • Mai 2 2010, 9h59
    I'd like to see a Overview of RSS feeds page.
    Related thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/592551/

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • akrde said:
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

    I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.
    You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)


    The problem with tagging artists for bookmarking purposes is that you add these artists with all their tracks to your personal library also, which is often not wanted.


    Exactly. I'd rather have a separate feature for that. But I guess there's workarounds for doing essentially the same thing? Just seems a little messier that way.

    • fmera disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 3 2010, 7h05
    lollerpop said:
    akrde said:
    gwalla said:
    lollerpop said:
    I'm sure there are people out there besides myself who have stumbled upon an artist they've not heard of before and said, "Wow, I'd like to revisit this person's work someday." But how could we remember if there's no way of documenting that we ever even saw them in the first place?

    I'd rather not have to make a separate bookmark folder just to store last.fm artist links. It seems like it would bring a whole new type of functionality to the site.
    You mean some way of marking artists so you can find them again? That would be awesome! It'd be even better if you could also mark individual tracks. They could call it tagging. It's so useful, I wonder why we don't have that already? ;)


    The problem with tagging artists for bookmarking purposes is that you add these artists with all their tracks to your personal library also, which is often not wanted.


    Exactly. I'd rather have a separate feature for that. But I guess there's workarounds for doing essentially the same thing? Just seems a little messier that way.
    if you don't think it's as messy, you could similarly bookmark such artists/albums/tracks by sharing them with yourself via the ubiquitous "share" buttons.

    U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • I have really good idea for a new feature, Im goanna call it 'On demand full track streaming' i heard they used to have it here but i cant remember. =[

    • ilko962 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 3 2010, 20h39

    My Idea

    I wish we can add a Top 3 Albums for lets say Ilko so it look like in my profile....
    My Profile

  • Idea relating to track length

    I would love to see a time listened category for each artist. You already store the number of plays and the time of each track, so is it really that hard to do the multiplication and addition? It would provide a more realistic showing of top artists listened, because differing genres have very different average track lengths. Basically, my pop bands accumulate the same amount of listens as progressive style bands, whose songs are usually twice as long as pop tracks, and it becomes an unrealistic representation of how much I actually listen to a certain artist.

    • rwitte disse...
    • Assinante
    • Mai 6 2010, 19h27

    Re: Idea relating to track length

    StevenEik said:
    I would love to see a time listened category for each artist. You already store the number of plays and the time of each track, so is it really that hard to do the multiplication and addition? It would provide a more realistic showing of top artists listened, because differing genres have very different average track lengths. Basically, my pop bands accumulate the same amount of listens as progressive style bands, whose songs are usually twice as long as pop tracks, and it becomes an unrealistic representation of how much I actually listen to a certain artist.


    True, meanwhile http://www.normalisr.com

    • Tecfan disse...
    • Event Moderator
    • Mai 7 2010, 7h18
    are admins still reading this post? :)

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 9 2010, 9h57
    onno said here:
    If a song does not have a video, then you can add it.
    But if a song has a live version linked you cannot add the official video.

    Maybe make an option so you can add videos even if videos are already linked
    And make them votable like with artist images?
    The current handling of videos is particularly bad because a video that has been flagged away can never be added again, not even for a different song, which is kind of awkward.

    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 10 2010, 9h50
    Tecfan said:
    are admins still reading this post? :)


    Yes we are :)

    • WichitaQ disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 11 2010, 23h40
    it's been ages since the post headers were increased, but the post bodies remained the same. and i've begged for a bazillion times to get the posts expanded to this white place to the right. so here i am, begging for it again in this thread :D

  • With ^^^ WichitaQ.
    The way last.fm uses space on my monitor is as if that space is even more expensive than an on-demand full album including lyrics... :/

    Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • Are admins still reading the main Forum on the April 12th "updates"?

    • hugollm disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 13 2010, 3h24

    just a little easy thing

    in profile there's:

    'last 7 days' ... 'last 3 months'...'last 6 months'....

    i missed an 'last 1 month' option :p
    i guess a lot of people misses it

    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 16 2010, 14h20
    You could add the last month chart.

    Rate tracks with stars.
    Rate album with stars.
    Rate photo with stars.

    Hate track button

    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 18 2010, 19h20
    ...better privacy control for event attendance! Several people have agreed on this in a previous thread.

    • Tecfan disse...
    • Event Moderator
    • Mai 19 2010, 14h06
    perhaps the best thing to do: clean up your "known issues" list before making YAP's (yet another page).. although I love the festivals thing, and it was timed very well, I would love for some of the longer standing issues to get sorted out.

    If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.