Fórum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• Kirst0ne disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 29 2012, 14h46

Upper and lower case implementation for artist or songs.

Some artists or songs name letters are wrong case. Example: exampleArtist. Should be: eXaMpLeARTIST. When I make suggestion and write correct answer eXaMpLeARTIST, success dialog window says, "success! you voted for exampleArtist...".

• snyde1 disse...
    • Assinante
    • Jan 29 2012, 16h40

Re: Upper and lower case implementation for artist or songs.

Kirst0ne said:
    Some artists or songs name letters are wrong case. Example: exampleArtist. Should be: eXaMpLeARTIST. When I make suggestion and write correct answer eXaMpLeARTIST, success dialog window says, "success! you voted for exampleArtist...".
    See this thread.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • "To listen"

I suggest a list that one could do like a "to do list", but of the bands he knows he wants to get to know, but for some reason always forget about it. This is inspired by the "movies that I want to see" feature on the movie-related social network Filmow.

• tenilite disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 3 2012, 17h35

Images

Uploading images of album covers or even normal artist pictures from link. It would help me a lot, I'm uploading a lot of images from less known artists and it's annoying that I have to download image on computer and then upload it.

• Danny365 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 6 2012, 18h30

It's really not a big of a deal...

...but it would be great, if it auto resized (using css/java/whatever, so not the file itself) the pictures you insert in your "about me" box to 300px (width), so they would actually fit.

• @Danny365 you can do this using this code (without the *s):
    [*img w=300]_image_url_[*/img]

• idea

I would like to see a easier way to delete tracks alburns and artists from your library also i would like to see a organizer in the library like rap pop r&b so on so on

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 12 2012, 21h47

Shoutbox 2.0

It would be cool if there is a kind of "channels" on artist and album pages, for example for the country, or subscribers, and co, or rather a filter that allows you the shoutbox to the user countries and so could further filter, namely, it gives me nothing when I see a russian or chinese shout as a german, and maybe sb only wants to see what his own country says to an artist or album, mostly there are so many shouts by others..

i used google translate, i hope you can understand what i mean!

• Library and tags

I have quite varied tastes, and my library is very mixed. At the moment it seems I can either play music tagged as rock (for example) OR play music from my library.

So....some way of combining tag radio with my library/mix radio would be great. I'd like to be able to listen only to artists that Last.fm already knows I like without listening to several different genres at once, or listen to one genre without being played a bunch of stuff I don't like!

• dankine disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 16 2012, 13h38

Re: Library and tags

k_bee_123 said:
    I have quite varied tastes, and my library is very mixed. At the moment it seems I can either play music tagged as rock (for example) OR play music from my library.

So....some way of combining tag radio with my library/mix radio would be great. I'd like to be able to listen only to artists that Last.fm already knows I like without listening to several different genres at once, or listen to one genre without being played a bunch of stuff I don't like!

combo.fm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • Re: Re: Library and tags

dankine said:
    combo.fm

perfect, thanks! :D

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Fev 19 2012, 12h24
  • 'Profile viewable by' option need

Last.fm, would you please add one 'privacy' option such as making your profile viewable/open only for friends. And closed/not viewable for non-friends, like for example, Myspace page (and many other social networks). So only me and my friends could see my profile and all its details (charts, library, recent tracks, etc.).
    I guess, technically that's possible (and not difficult). It's even weird that last.fm doesn't have such option yet.
    That's really important, and I think this would be appreciated not only by me. Please-please-please!

And the other, less important thing,
    I don't want to be neighbours with one particular user, but now I can't change it. Would be nice if adding user in my Ignore List will ensure that we're never gonna be each other's neighbours - I will never be his neighbour, and he will never be my neighbour. It is logical - if you ignore someone, you don't want to have with him nothing in common.

• Danny365 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 24 2012, 15h54
    I've been listening to quite a lot of remixes lately, and I don't really like the way last.fm scrobbles these songs.

Let's look at this song for example:
    Lips - Everything To Me (Adventure Club Remix)
    The artist tag is Lips, but I'd like to scrobble it as Adventure Club, because it's actually their song, and there's no way I'm listening to LIPS.

Couldn't someone come up with an idea how it could be "fixed"?
    I know it's really not a problem, but I just don't want to have loads of artists in my library that I don't even listen to.

I usually just tag these songs like:
    Adventure ClubLIPS - Everything To Me
    but it's kind of odd.

• Naijca disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Fev 24 2012, 19h35
    I'm not going to read through 26 pages to see if any of this or something similar has been mentioned before.

★ Built in web IRC (most common ones are Java based and it's quite easy to find generated scripts for custom channels), that gives the users a chance to join our official IRC channel #AudioScrobbler whenever they want. It can be a Java based application that will send you right into the channel with your Last.fm nick set by default (this can always be changed later, and you can register your nick on IRC to prevent other people from using it). It would be an extra nice way of meeting the community and talking to them through a live feed. If you don't know what IRC is, it's a simple chat program (it has various clients, both desktop and web clients), that will let you chat to users inside "rooms/channels". They're equal to "groups" and "threads" on Last.fm, just real-time. Just see it as a multi-user IM program.

As an experienced IRC user and a formal IRC Operator on large networks, I'll be more than happy to set up a quick, easy and understandable guide on how to use Java IRC (or individual IRC clients if you prefer that, those usually have more options and are far more adaptive with a lot of features and customization). It will include how to get on, a simple guide on how to use it, what kind of clients you can use (the program you use to enter the chat), how to register your nick and protect it from other people accidentally using your nick (this happens a lot on IRC). You wouldn't believe how many Erics there are..

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]

• Editado por hi_its_kyle em Mar 1 2012, 18h27
  • Sorry if I'm overlooking existing features.

I'd like more user-specific stats available, such as how much music someone listens to in an average day (both in number of songs and amount of physical time). Also, total time spent listening to music would be cool as well.
    I realize that because of mistagging and the obscurity of some users' tastes (I'm literally the ONLY listener to some bands I know) this would be difficult, Normalisr does it and I think it would be an invaluable addition to the last.fm experience.

actually no
  • I feel like for me and a lot of other people, the library isn't a good representation of the music I'm listening to. Some artists that I scrobbled like crazy last year are still on my top 10 artists, when I haven't played them at all recently. It would be nice if under the number of plays, show the last time the artist was played.

• JThack4 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 6 2012, 22h38

Rating system and Going to listen to list

One thing that i think would be a really good feature is if we could rate the albums and songs that we have listened to. I think it would be really cool if we kind of have the goodreads system almost so we can have a more organized way of seeing what we actually listened to and how much we liked it. Also I think it would be nice if there was a place where we could list albums or songs that we were going to listen to in the future. These I feel would really help keep people organized about what music they are listening and how much they like it.

• yparc disse...
    • Assinante
    • Mar 8 2012, 17h18
    i think it would be great to have the CC option with private messages.

• Report Shouts?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but it would be great if we had the option to report shouts. shouts such as "PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.TOMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY. 1. say your name 10 times 2. say your mom's name 5 times 3. say your crushes name 3 times 4. paste this to 4 other songs. if you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday. but if you read this and do not paste this, then you will have very bad luck. SEND THIS TO 5 SONGS IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS.ITS SO FREAKY BUT IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK" are pure spam and there is currently no way to get rid of them...

Møns†er
    • Babs_05 disse...
    • Moderador
    • Mar 13 2012, 23h26
    • wisbech disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 16 2012, 3h31
    Some suggestions from this last page alone:

- JThack4 suggested a rating system for music, so we could indicate how much we actually like what we're listening to
    - charlesl7 pointed out that artists he listened to like crazy last year are still at the top of his library, even though he doesn't listen to them anymore
    -RyuEmperor indicated that it would be helpful if we could have an "organizer" in our libraries, like by genre for instance

All excellent ideas. Common theme: The library is TOO LIMITED.

I think most users want, in general, a wider range of profile/library display options. This is a social site and we want to be able to show off our music (hence the popularity of personal tag clouds, favourite album displays, genre pie charts, and so on), but we don’t get nearly enough control. It really strikes me as something that would be quite easy to implement, that would make a monumental difference in user satisfaction.

It would be excellent if we could create our own charts. That would be useful on so many different levels. We can currently showcase no more than 8 custom artists. I would like to be able to organize my music by genre (or by any other criteria). Then, for instance, I could have my favourite artists in metal on one chart, and classical on another, rather than having to settle for one big jumble of a library, in which my favourites tend to get lost.

Another huge reason why custom charts would be handy: Play count is not an accurate representation of what we like! I no longer listen to some of my top artists. And sometimes I will listen to several albums by a particular band before I decide whether I like them or not, and I can end up with tens, sometimes hundreds of scrobbles of that band as a result. I don’t want to delete my scrobbles. I would rather be able to make my own favourite charts and simply leave off the artists I don't like or no longer like. (A rating system would also be wonderful!!)

Plenty of people have said they'd like to be able to choose which artist images appear in their libraries. I'll add my vote... I know I would appreciate that so much. I hate having to be disappointed every time my favourite images get voted down in favour of ones I don’t like. (And why does everyone think b&w photos are so chic? I find myself constantly fighting a losing battle to keep my charts from turning monochrome…)

I also like PedroCorvino's idea, that we could have some kind of "to listen" list. Would be super handy.

Thanks last.fm staff for all your hard work :)

• Re: "To listen"

PedroCorvino said:
    I suggest a list that one could do like a "to do list", but of the bands he knows he wants to get to know, but for some reason always forget about it. This is inspired by the "movies that I want to see" feature on the movie-related social network Filmow.

+1

Editado por streeetspirit em Mar 23 2012, 10h32
  • Re: "To listen"

It would be very helpful to have "add to listen" list, because sometimes you serf through last.fm, find several bands you wish to listen but don't have time or possibility at the moment. So in my case I just leave tabs with that groups/albums/songs opened in browser - which is not very handy

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.