Fórum » Feedback and Ideas

New Idea - scrobble songs on itunes radio

• New Idea - scrobble songs on itunes radio

Hello everyone! I would love it if last.fm scrobbled the songs played on itunes radio when listeners listen to itunes radio. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? When do you think this could be implemented?

• Yeah I think its a good idea, although I dont usually listen to the radio.
    If someone doesnt want the itunes radio scrobbled, they can just turn scrobbling off when they listen. (:

• I listen to itunes radio all the time and I would love to scrobble the music I listen to on itunes radio. I assume it would be really easy for the programmers to do since most stations include the name & artist of each song playing. At least having the option to scrobble while listening to itunes radio so would be great. Like you said, if people didn't want to do so, they could just turn it off. :)

• What does everyone else think?

• I don't use itunes radio but I would like to see scrobbling of internet radios (including itunes) enabled.

See here for my reasons: http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/399390/_/6189726

• Do the mods know anything about the possibility of this idea being implemented?

• http-scrobbling (whatever the source) is not (yet) supported.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • But that's his suggestion. To make it supported. I would like that as well.

• We know that it is not supported. We are wondering about the chances of this idea being supported in the future.

• +1

• marioosz disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jun 1 2008, 15h10

+1

Please enable scrobbbling internet radio station

marioosz
  • That would be a great! Thank you for considering that option.

• I agree!
    +1

• I agree! Scrobble iTunes Radio...YES!

Now...if my title wasn't clear, let me restate...."I agree! Scrobble iTunes Radio...YES!"

Oh, and thank you. And cuz this is a British co.

Cheers!

• +1
    Please enable scrobbbling internet radio station

• This is a great idea. I've been hoping for this functionality for several years now. Is it on the way?

• ONE MONTH LATER---

• farbkoma disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 23 2008, 14h20
    i've just discovered itunes radio and wondered why it's not scrobbling... what a pity :(

(\ /) ♫
    ( . .)
    c('')('')
    this is bunny...
    copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • +1

C'mon it's the least they can do since the awful face lift a few months ago.

• +1

• +1

• This can be difficult to support depending on the stream from some comments from the staff. It does not always send information the same way that regular MP3 files do, etc, so being able to accurately catch the data to scrobble is a challenge station to station.

I know this has been requested multiple times, but I don't believe it has ever been put onto a to do list.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 14 2009, 17h31

Itunes Radio scrobbling

Love the idea totally. It would give us, as users, a much wider variety of music to listen t, and it would scrobble to our profiles. We should contact the website, because I think they should definitely consider it. Do you all agree?

• hdsander disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 28 2009, 14h05

Logitech's Squeezebox software is scrobbling internet radio!

The solution isn't easy to maintain, in short:
    • download and install the (free) Squeezecenter from Logitech.
    • configure iTunes as your playback software for the Squeezecenter output stream.
    • configure Squeezecenter to scrobble to your Last.fm account.
    • start playing an internet radio station in Squeezecenter.
    • listen to the Squeezecenter stream using iTunes radio.

You don't need any Squeezebox or other hardware to install this.

♫ not a day without music ♫ Dieter
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 1 2009, 11h33

downloading the Squeezecenter

How do I do this? *see title*

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.