Fórum » Development Discussion

Scrobbling 2.0 Live!

• Scrobbling 2.0 Live!

After much planning and tedious tweaking we've finalised the new Scrobbling API. Yay!
    http://last.fm/api/scrobbling/.

It's a bit overdue, but we're pleased with the final version.Thank you to everyone who helped out by testing the beta.

The Submissions 1.2.1 protocol is now considered deprecated and all new clients should use the Scrobbling api instead.

You can read all about the changes here:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/656504

If you are migrating an existing 1.2.1 client that uses password auth there are some auth migration tips here:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/656492

bleh
    Editado por massdosage em Nov 9 2010, 12h58
  • nice flow chart ;) ...i have a question to section 2.2: Does it mean you create a new track in your catalogue even if only now playing was sent without a subsequent scrobble call?

• martind disse...
    • Alumni
    • Nov 9 2010, 13h11
    Congrats Tim! Thanks for all the hard work! This should make it much easier for others to deeply integrate with Last.fm services without spending too much time on trying to figure out the basics.

• Well scrobbling has seemed to stop altogther for me since updating itunes.

• @DavidDodgers - I'm afraid that has nothing to do with the new scrobbling protocol. The desktop client is still using the older protocol. I would suggest bringing this issue up in the desktop client forum where I believe this issue may already be under discussion.

• massdosage escribió:
    @DavidDodgers - I'm afraid that has nothing to do with the new scrobbling protocol. The desktop client is still using the older protocol. I would suggest bringing this issue up in the desktop client forum where I believe this issue may already be under discussion.

When will the desktop client be using the new api?

• tburny disse...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Nov 18 2010, 15h42
    Good news! :)

From Radio Api doc: The trackauth extension provides information that is important for the submission of the track via the submissions api. This is a 5 digit key which can be sent in the submission call.
    This has afaik to be corrected, the new scrobbling api does not take such a parameter if I'm right.
    Poeple might try to include trackauth nevertheless and will get wrong api signatures....

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • @tburny - the radio api documentation is referring to "the submissions api" which does take that parameter. The "Scrobbling API" doesn't take this parameter and it's clearly documented that this isn't one of the parameters. You do raise a good point that the radio API page needs to be changed to reflect that the stream id replaces the trackauth in Scrobble 2.0. We should then clearly document which value to use for submissions and which for scrobbling. Thanks!

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Knapster01 em Mar 28 2011, 10h06
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Mai 3 2011, 8h16
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Mai 3 2011, 8h16
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Abr 12 2011, 8h10
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Mai 3 2011, 8h12
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Mai 3 2011, 8h14
  • [spam]

[spam]

Editado por Ziomek2000 em Mai 3 2011, 8h12
    • mr_maxis disse...
    • Moderador
    • Mai 3 2011, 9h15
    I locked this thread as it's only used for spam purpose...

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.