Fórum » Web Site Support

Moderations gone?

• Moderations gone?

From what I understand, the moderation system is gone?

In my profile I have stats for an artist named Múm and Mum. last.fm has profiles for Múm AND Mum.. even though they are the same artist.

But.. there is a completely different group called "Mum" with no accent. I tried fixing this in MB with an alias, but nobody will approve it because of the *real* "Mum".

If this is discussed somewhere else, please point me there.

• lozzd disse...
    • Alumni
    • Jan 9 2006, 17h17
    Two bands share the same name - This cannot be fixed until after the new moderation system is implemented. For now, you just have to live with it.

From the Known Issues.. Basically the right thing to do is to make the alias at MusicBrainz but if no one agrees with you maybe you're not right. I don't know, all I know is that for now nothing you can do will seperate them on Last.fm.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • Russ disse...
    • Alumni
    • Jan 9 2006, 18h17
    You're not right. They're two seperate bands, why should they be merged?

• to be honest... i don't get it... if there are two bands, Mum and Múm, and yours is the second one, why are your tracks tagged as Mum..? re-tag your tracks to be correct and your problem will be solved, won't it?

• Well, on http://www.last.fm/music/Mum the top three tracks are actually Múm, along with many other Múm tracks.

Yes, Múm and Mum are completely different, but obviously there are plenty of people that have Múm tagged as Mum.

Back when moderations were around, I thought that was the whole point.

When someone had 2Pac named "2-Pac, Tupac, Tu-pac" etc, the moderations merged these together so the stats would be accurate.. no?

So how would you go about something like Múm and Mum? Seeing as how the "Múm" tracks are on the top three of the "Mum" page?

I have since fixed my tracks, but there will be always be people that don't know any better and just put "Mum" instead of "Múm"

• well... unfortunately - sure, there will be always people who aren't able to tag their tracks properly.

the two artists cannot be merged for that simple reason, that it's two totally different artists. but i think there could be a way how to fix this - in case that those musicbrainz and last.fm cooperation works (or: will work) as i think it does (will). make sure that all Múm songs are properly listed at musicbrainz. then, the system could accept the Múm submissions as Múm, no matter if they're tagged as Múm or Mum (if it will "know" that it belongs to Múm). at least i hope so.

anyone - please correct me if i'm wrong and if it only corrects things like Morrisson and Morisson and Morrison.

• That's what I was thinking, it seems like there would be a way to say "hey, this song belongs to Múm, not Mum..." etc.

I'm sure this has been, or is being discussed elsewhere. Does anyone want to point me in the right direction? :)

• This depends on MusicBrainz integration, there's no ETA. Until then you just have wait and make sure your own tags are right.

• johnli disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 11 2006, 1h49

Re:

Quoth Hans_Blix:
    Well, on http://www.last.fm/music/Mum the top three tracks are actually Múm, along with many other Múm tracks.

Yes, Múm and Mum are completely different, but obviously there are plenty of people that have Múm tagged as Mum.

Back when moderations were around, I thought that was the whole point.

No, it wasn't, because that's going to merge two seperate artists. Unfortunately we can't make people tag songs properly.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.